/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread: (OP)

>Official news
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/12/06/introducing-homestead
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/11/30/crown-store-showcase--november-30th-2016

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/302819/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-9
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Builds and Guides
pastebin.com/p6ju4fTx (embed)
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBh-v5dUwrQ7BxtvLSbESJtq
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBjnoGhKAtFGwT1lXV7FPg2T

>Online lore, map and general info
imperial-library.info/
esomap.uesp.net/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php
minion.mmoui.com/

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492 (embed)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-LKTAXllNPg
elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Trueflame_(Online)
elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Hopesfire_(Online)
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

First for Breton genocide.

xth for skooma lab
youtube.com/watch?v=-LKTAXllNPg

looks neat, can't wait

How is AD in PvP on PC EU?

I heard that AD is very very bad right now and its best to stay away but that might've been about NA or console?

I dont need the best faction but I want to have fun and fight.

I have a lvl 10 on AD and dont see much going on. Apparently AD is winning Trueflame and sucking in Azura? Its hard to tell.

Is it worth deleting my character abd rerolling somewhere else? I think both DC and EP have more action.

You're all pretty nice.

Both sad and funny that according to the lore, some Khajiits actually grow into normal housecats.

Sad, because they cant speak, yet keep their normal intelligence.

Shut up faggot

I'm getting a "you do not qualify for this product" if I try to enter the lootcrate code on the website.

I bought the basic steam edition when it was 9$, is there any way I can redeem the code in game or in steam or something? This shit is starting to piss me off.
inb4 someone asks "what's your code, post it and we can see what's wrong with it :^)"

Yes, you have to contact support with a ticket through the ESO support site, file it under Steam / Billing / Code Redemption.

Include your ESO account name and the lootcrate code in the ticket (I also included my Steam name just to be sure, but they shouldn't need it).
You'll likely get an auto-response telling you to send them your account name and your code, so just reply to that again with the same information to keep the ticket open. If you don't reply to auto-response messages, they don't look at it again I think.

Did the same thing and it was activated after 2 days.

what's your code, post it and we can see what's wrong with it :^)

>I dont need the best faction but I want to have fun and fight.
>Is it worth deleting my character abd rerolling somewhere else?
pick whichever faction you want. no faction has or will stay the best in PvP forever. if you pick the winning faction now, you might regret it in a month, when it suddenly starts doing bad for whatever reason.

Alright so I bought this game half a year ago, played a mage and soon switched weapons cause playing a mage felt boring as fuck. Tried the bow, literally the same thing like magic but with sneak damage.

Is there any way to make the combat in this game fun? I wanna give it a chance again

>tfw heavy armor imperial magplar healer and there is nothing you can do to stop me

I can vote-kick you :^)

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Give dual-wield a chance. Otherwise it's simply not for you.

What would be the most fun faction then?

In terms of quests and zones?

Would a Bosmer in Ebonheart pact not be too weird?

A Bosmer in Ebonheart pact may get pretty bloody awkward once you reach Shadowfen, but you're expected to do all zones anyway so go for it.

According to the same lore (which I think was the pocket guide to the empire) they're pretty adept spellcasters, so it's not a complete wash for a khajiit who ends up as an Alfiq.

At least they don't have their brothers and sisters clamoring to use them as a mount like Senche do.

I think Shadowfen would actually reinforce a Bosmer's position in the Pact, desu. It's all naturey and shit, and when you get to the Dominion literally killing babies, there IS actually someone who objects in AD's ranks. And they're a Bosmer.

When's the next XP boost event?

Levelling vanilla in this game is a chore.

Would DC or EP be a better fit then?

I would like the mercenary feel if possible.

Are EP quests fun and interesting?

Starts December 14th.

I'd say DC makes the most sense but it really doesn't matter outside of PvP. You can be AD and then take a boat to whatever area you want in the game.

>I think Shadowfen would actually reinforce a Bosmer's position in the Pact
Maybe. Reminds me of the orc you meet in the Imperial City whom talk about how his clan fights for the pact simply because DC didn't give a rats ass when they got fucked over while Jorunn took them in.

>Want a guar mount
>$13 :^)
REEE

But also, ""PvP"" is actually kind of fun.

I say ""PvP"" because it's more like "do some damage but mostly it's the combined effort of you and your 10 other groupmembers singling people down". But it's still pretty fun.

EP's quests are generally not that great.

>tfw /swgg/ is more alive than us

what has happened

Sluts and the hatred for the direction the game has gone fuel them.

NO NIGGER YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY I CARRY YOUR ASS THROUGH THIS DUNGEON

At least the game is more alive than swtor. It's a lost cause.

How do treasure maps work in eso?

Should I find the treasure asap or at lvl 50? Will the gear scale?

just got to level 10, should i go to the pvp zone for a bit or keep doing the main story quest?

Treasure maps and the chest you find scale to you. They really aren't worth much though and are just a neat little distraction.

How are we all doing tonight in wonderful Tamriel?

So if I pick them at lvl 50 I get lvl 50 gear?

If I pick them at lvl CP160 will they scale also?

Is it worth waiting till 50 so I have at least some starter gear?

that's one big fatass, you must have the best gear

It scales with CP. So if you want to keep it very long grab it at 160.

No I'm shit lol :p

fuck you and your tasty nachos

I might have these tasty nachos, but I don't have a good build, is everyone sure magplar is good?

Pretty well, and also deeply envious of your nachos.

Magplar is the best mag, user. Are you just starting one?

will the vvardenfell expansion have cliff racers?

I hope so.

Should so increasing stamina makes my physical attacks stronger. So should I put all my points into stamina while leveling?

Does anyone know what the stash pin in HarvestMap is? I tried to Google it, but it just came up with bank space tips.

should i save undaunted keys until im cp160?

No, you'll get bored of the game/your character before reaching CP160, so no reason to save them.

tfw you just wanted to ERP and you SUCCed a little too hard i don't think hes come back or giving me my gold

>now getting the gold upfront
Rookie move.

Is this game really that boring?

I got three characters to lv16 (not CP, level) and I'm already bored of it.

Yes sir, only level 10, have not played since before game went f2p

But user, level 17 is where the game really opens up.

Yeah, I bet. And I bet I'll enjoy more if I spend some cash in the Crown store as well.

Of course. Try your luck with a Crown Crate! You can even buy them in packs of fifteen for maximum convenience!

That's why then. Everything, except maybe stamsorc, feels terrible at level 10. Power through, get more spells, blast more shit.

Magplar feels great at 10, the fuck you on? You're fucking invincible with the leech from Aedric Spear.

sigh, i must have morphed wrong or something, my gear is absolute trash too, still trying to find light armor pieces

Since you're level 10, run the group dungeons for light armor. I believe it's Spindleclutch that drops a good +Magicka light set and rings.

what is the difference between "Spindleclutch I" and "Spindleclutch II" ? i'll just assume i do the first one first

The II's are harder. Like a lot harder. I haven't managed to clear a single II yet even though I's are a joke.

okay that makes sense

They have different stories, enemies and bosses, but the same basic dungeon layout usually, or at least for part of it, sometimes you go through a familiar section before entering a previously inaccessible area of the dungeon as part of the story.

II's tend to be harder even on normal. They were originally known as the Veteran dungeons and were only for Veteran Rank players, before the One Tamriel update removed Veteran Ranks, made "normal" and "veteran" modes mean only "easier" and "harder", and added "normal" modes for Veteran dungeons and "veteran" modes for Normal dungeons, and renamed Normal dungeons to "I" and Veteran dungeons to "II".

kill yourself fucking niggerfaggot

I hope Vvardenfel has a cliff racer swarm world boss.

Why did they even bother doing this? Low level players trying them usually get shit on.

Some players will have 500cp+ right out of the tutorial dungeon.

Wha?

Normal dungeons were piss easy even before scaling while the vet versions were insane in comparison
More variety is good and adds more fun

Say you've 500cp. If you start a new character, said character will be level 1 yet have 500cp.

Also, the II dungeons boils down to somewhat harder mechanics but that's it.

>More variety is good and adds more fun
Well this game offers very little fun so I would have hated to see it before.

I thought CP only carried over to alts once they hit 50.

We get it.

Nah it carries over to all your character. But they can't earn new cp before they hit 50.

I'm trying though user. Really, I am.

Dressing Room doesn't work anymore?

Are you one of those people that dont read quest text? This game has better storylines than skyrim.

What would YOU rather I play as? Imperial dragonknight werewolf or breton templar vampire? Both on ep. I'll level them both eventually but have to pick one for now.

I know that feel. I like the quests and character progression but that's about it. I can't be arsed to level my character except writs and the daily dungeon because you get so little EXP from quests. And the performance, PvP balance, scaling of everything and timegating everywhere really turns me off. I feel i'm only playing because I have something to look forward to(getting all the skills to complete my build) but once that's done I feel like i'll lose interest.

Yes and no. I was all set to get into this game's plot until I had more nitpicks than I could overlook (which took about as long as rescuing Lyris), and the AD queen launched into that SJW pandering tirade, and I realized the bad guys were completely typical. Some of the VAs are good enough to listen to, but some are so bad that I skip the text just so I don't have to hear them try to sound interested in what they're saying.

I'm just salty as fuck about the crafting mats being unfarmable until you can craft with them, and the inventory management in general.
It wouldn't matter anyway since you can't craft sets with set bonuses or anything, so it's ultimately some kind of pragmatically pointless endeavor that I don't know why they bothered to include.
The game so far has had some really charming vistas and some enjoyable emergent co-op gameplay, but otherwise has just disappointed me.

Breton vampire Templar for the irony. But only if it's a qt female Breton vampire Templar.

>run around a guard for 40 seconds waiting for my invisibility potion to become ready
>get 1 hitted from full health

What the fuck was I supposed to do? I was in a bank

>What the fuck was I supposed to do?
Not break the law.

Morrowindfag here probably gonna be picking ESO up soon, I was just wondering if any of you have found Trueflame or Hopesfire?
I was looking into it and it seems like they're some ultra rare item or some shit?

Why is it ironic? Breton Magplar vamps are good from a min max perspective.

...Because the class is about purging filth, namely vampires, as evidenced in some of the class' skill names?

Is punished templar not a thing? I could see a dark templar making sense. Aren't there good vampires in some universes, or holy vampires? Also, I thought it was strange that when you become a vampire in eso it isn't from molag bal and you start by feasting on his worm cultists.

Not all vampires are servants of Molag Bal, and not all vampires are evil. Take the count of Skingrad in Oblivion, for example, he's a pretty swell guy.

Any tips for a budding Magplar in PvP?

Seriously though, does it exist? Seems like there is some mystery behind it, or maybe I'm not looking in the right places.
If possible I'd like to build a character around using Trueflame.

>and the AD queen launched into that SJW pandering tirade

this word has completely ceased to mean anything, y'all did to it what you did to "hipster"

elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Trueflame_(Online)
elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Hopesfire_(Online)
Not sure about Hopesfire, but Trueflame can be acquired through fishing in the first main area for the Ebonheart Pact.

Could*

Just reading about it apparently they are dev only items, you could get them in beta and during launch, there was code error that allowed you fish them, that why there only a pic of trueflame, nobody ever got hopesfire before it was patched.

Not that guy, but I am happy to be carreid.

Yeah that's what it seems like, it's a shame because it looks really nice.

Would a sword n board Dunmer Dragonknight still be viable? I wanted to use Trueflame with it but I might have to end up substituting that for a mace Ordinator style, or some other sword I guess.