/lisg/ - Life is Strange General #451

''Top of the World'' Edition

Previous Thread: Life is Strange is an episodic interactive drama from DONTNOD Entertainment. Set in the Pacific Northwest in the town of Arcadia Bay, the player follows the story of Maxine Caulfield and her seemingly newfound ability to turn hella gay and rewind time. At the prestigious Blackwell Academy, Max must prepare with Chloe Price for the incoming storm of returning to her hometown after five years. Available on Steam, PSN and Xbox Live.

>Official Website:
lifeisstrange.com

>Steam:
store.steampowered.com/app/319630
steamcommunity.com/groups/4chanlisg

>/lisg/ Permalink:
orph.link/lisg

>FAQs, Old Threads/Strawpolls, Soundtrack/Music & Leaks:
orph.link/lisgarchive

>/lisg/ Community Written Fan Fiction (Continuation WHEN):
orph.link/story

>Compilation of Fanfics:
orph.link/fanfic

>/lisg/ Content Producers:
imgur.com/a/DOAKn

>/lisg/ sings:
youtube.com/watch?v=pQJgF3NToUg
youtube.com/watch?v=WjPsOkijFh0

>Strawpolls:
strawpoll.me/11107672
strawpoll.me/11190596
strawpoll.me/11239475
strawpoll.me/11273878
strawpoll.me/11269929
strawpoll.me/11332383
strawpoll.me/11332384
strawpoll.me/11407677
strawpoll.me/11645517
strawpoll.me/11645519
strawpoll.me/11794775 (New)
strawpoll.me/11794798 (New)

Other urls found in this thread:

instaud.io/kVV
instaud.io/kWb
youtube.com/watch?v=beZMsWNdQ04
fanfiction.net/s/11675308/41/Ouroboros
twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/799624419366866944
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Most adorable couple ever.
Prove me wrong (You can't)

You sure about that?

Those strawpolls are getting out of hand again.

Max is #1

Kate is not #1

Chloe is not #1

Victoria is not #1

I wonder who could be behind this post.

Too bad we never got to go to the top of the lighthouse. I thought it would have been a nice view and maybe have some relevance to the story.

Alice and Lisa are cute too! (Technically Caulmarsh or Marshfield?)
I don't want to prove you wrong so I won't even try.

I think after the storm Kate returned briefly to Blackwell's Dorm to get stuff out of he room and get Alice before going home. But she noticed Max wasn't back, and that her door was open, so she also took Lisa with her.
Max watched over Alice while Kate was away, so Kate will return the favor and watch over Lisa.

Victoria is #2

Because she's shit

Go fuck your selfie.

Damn, Rach. That's harsh.

Pricefield is #1!

>As Max and Chloe are leaving the ruins of Arcadia Bay behind, there's one more tragic story unfolding
>Alice and Lisa stuck in Max's room, Alice hasn't eaten anything in days, the dorms are destroyed and no one comes looking for them
>"No one's gonna come save us, this is the end, we'll starve to death..."
>Alice...you can survive this and go back to your owner. All you have to do is... all you have to do is eat me."
>"What? No, fuck that. Lisa, you're my number one priority, I'm not eating you!"
>"Alice, think about it... how many times this week did you try to nibble my leafs? I'm a plant, Alice, you're a bunny, maybe it's time I accept my destiny... OUR destiny."
>"Lisa, I can't make this choice!"
>"No Alice, you're the only one who can"

>eat Lisa
instaud.io/kVV

>eat your own foot
instaud.io/kWb

It's true!

No one can't argue with that.

>friendly reminder that turning off your game is the confirmed canon ending

Sbel uploaded a new video.

youtube.com/watch?v=beZMsWNdQ04

X or B?

X
Giantess stuff is awful.

X
Hugging mini Chloe wouldn't feel the same as the real thing

Tiny Chloe might enjoy giant Max hugs though, and also giant food. Who wouldn't enjoy giant food?

>daily reminder that it's confirmed that the blue butterfly is storm summoner (the harbinger of disaster) This means, it became clear that storm's still coming in Bay ending

Max and Chloe are normal size and will remain as such.
Max's power is about time control and possibly weather manipulation. As well as making people feel better with her honesty and friendship.

Why didn't Max just stomp on the butterfly?

Rachel's spirit doe will eat it and save the town.

[Barks in lesbian]

What breed is this dog?

A priceless one.
(I'm not sure but would like to know as well)

Would Alice and Pupper Chloe get along?

Chloe is a bitch!

Pupper Chloe would try to bite Alice.

They eat dogs in Korea.

Of course.

You better mean that in the biological sense and not as an insult!

Good thing this is America.Anyone trying to hurt that Chloe is going to get beaten up by regular Chloe, Max, Frank, and Pompidou.

Girlfriends selfie!

Chloe a beautiful woman and miracle of the universe that must be protected at all costs.

Also a new chapter of Ouroboros today
fanfiction.net/s/11675308/41/Ouroboros

Chapter has Frank and Kate getting to know each other, and also Frank realizing who Kate is. That was dynamic I thought was interesting but never saw any author write out until now. Only times I've seen it mentioned in the past were in a few discussions here.
I think Frank and Kate meeting would be a good lesson for Frank to see his past was heavily flawed, but also to see that he can change and be better in the future.

>Get bored and check LiS Twitter to see if anything interesting has been posted
>twitter.com/LifeIsStrange/status/799624419366866944
>Happy Ending? What's That?
These people are assholes.

Looks like it's gonna be another slow night

It's more like:
Logical ending? What's that?

Is that a safe seating position for Alice? It looks like she could fall off.

They're still waiting on the saddles and bunny basket to arrive.

10 IPs, threads up for 3+ days. I think this is the new norm until some shred of information comes out, at the very least about the show

I knew things have been slowing down, but last night was especially bad. I don't know how long we can go on like that with an hour between each post.

Let the spammer take over

Reminder that there is a universe untouched by imagination, where Max will act logically to keep everyone safe.

Thankfully they're not even around

As long as Chloe is alive in the end, it's possible to see Max (and the others) becoming better over time and learning to live with what happened.
But a loss of Chloe means a loss of Max, which means a loss of many others.

>10 ip's for 3 days
Meanwhile on /v/ there are daily thread full of discussion
Yesterday
Today

Kind of hard to live with anything when you're dead. But I'm sure Kate and the others were happy to be the scapegoats for some girl most of them didn't even know.

It was /v/ so it was probably a lot of arguing and shitposting. That drives numbers up quick.
Which is not a good thing. It's one thing to have debates and share views, but mindless insults or baiting is plain uncomfy and kills threads.

Kate was safe in the hospital. Silly.
I've counted the lines on that memorial before. It's roughly 50 if each line is a name, or 25 is two lines is one name.
Besides, not like it's Max's fault a storm happened.

YES EMOJI

Jefferson was a mediocre teacher and washed up photographer!

Before Episode 5's release:
>Lol Mari's theories're shitty.It's way more than shitty to become true
>Chloe has to die thing doesn't make sense.Don't worry they will come with unpredictable story
>We're gonna learn everything about Max's powers,Rachel and Prescotts even Nathan,spirit animals..
>Jefferson knows about Max's powers
>Nathan,Frank,David or Samuel's gonna save us
>Victoria's with Max,she'll save her
>(After seeing Cemetery scene from leaks) I'm sure it'll be Williams,Rachel's or Kate's grave.
>Rachel's the doe and Butterfly and probably we'll see her in Max's dream
>Blue Jay's Chloe

After Episode 5's release:
>Mari's shitty cliche theory became right
>We visited the SF art gallery for 3 seconds. FOR 3 DAMN SECONDS
>Jefferson became a silly bad guy from Disney
>David came to save us.He's a former-soldier but he can't even fight,just listens teenager's orders. Even he doesn't know she has some time travel powers.
>Victoria's with us in the dark room.Laying there and we can talk her or not.Just it.
>Nathan get killed,Victoria too
>Nathan knew something about the storm but they cut it.
>Warren explained Max's powers(!)(thanks warryn) We found out her power causes/related with Chaos Theory and storm.It's not like we didn't know or something.
>Storm is only coming for Bay because Chloe lives in there but Max's the one who keep changes the time
>Prescotts story erased.Nobody even mention their name.
>Rachel's story fucked too.She isn't or butterfly,bluejay just spiritualdoe
>Spirit animals thing died.Blue Butterfly's storm summoner just it.
>Chloe dies again in one of endings (unpredictable) It gives you a lesson: You shouldn't have used your power.And you shouldn't play this game.Now erase your choices and cry like a bitch.
>Chloe has to die thing comes true, Cemetery scene explained with that.
>The other ending's short but it's less cliché than other.We saved Chloe,storm's hit the town and gone.That's it
>Epilogue: Use ur imaginations:)muh budget

It's still ~70 ips over three days. And I'd rather /lisg/ dies a graceful death than become anything like that cesspool.

Once we are really unsustainably slow for a prolonged period of time, we'll just migrate with the last active /lisg/eans to that backup forum orph is hosting on his server.

The problem with that option is it would be nearly impossible to fine by nearly everyone. Only the few that had the link would go to it. I think if things get unsustainable here then we either accept it and just settle for randomly encountering eachother across the site. Or try a slower board like /c/.

But it's not like things here are dead. It's only during a few hours of the night/early morning where it slows down, but that also applies to Veeky Forums as a whole.

And another one today

>except regulars from /lisg,thread is full of shitposts and people who don't know what is going on but trying to fit in by whinning about stupid things instead

So is this general waifu shittery like cripple girls or is there constant content to justify it? Just curious

Someone from here is making threads and sending pastas from this general.

If Anons from here are making those I would think it would be better to just keep posting here.
Best not to poke the hornet's nest. Plus why feel bad on the Dark Room that is /v/ when you can feel comfy on clifftop that is /lisg/?

no one there aware of what's going on in-game.

and i don't even know why are you guys taking them seriously (we were getting 200 ips during episode's release) 70 ips? so what. they just memorized some memes like ''sjw,tumblr,it's shit this ending is selfish xd''

just got finished playing and absolutely loved it
do you think its worth playing again?
I feel like I would know the ending and try to steer it based on what I know now
would I have to just basically pick the opposite of everything I did?

Yeah. Some people arrived here after episode 5. Which is 100% fine.
But they don't know how quick this place used to be. Sure it may seem slow sometimes but I would easily rather have 70 or so IPs and threads that go on for a day or two (or three) than hundreds of IPs and threads that finish in an hour.
Things probably won't speed up anytime soon until S2, the series, or possibly Vampyr- and that's fine. It's not about the quantity, it's about quality.

Nothing you do affects the ending choice.The only different things you get are some variations in conversations and what Max writes in her journal.
If you felt like you rushed through then it's easily worth another playthrough. But if you were thorough and also saved Kate, you've seen everything. Aside from whatever ending you didn't pick.

yeah it felt more linear than it should have imo
there should have been more opportunity to make mistakes that change the course of the game

Note:no matter you get some variations in conversations,no matter Max's journal entires have some variations point's result is the same

If you want to replay this game just because for opposite choices then there's no need to play because things don't change.

>If you chose A journey, journey ends with C conclusion
>If you chose B journey, journey ends with C conclusion again.

Absolutely. It really was looking that way until Episode 4 that there was going to be a bunch of endings and choices coming back to help you or bite you in the ass.
But it was not meant to be. What's even worse was so many people predicted the endings, said they wouldn't like if it came down to it (Because it would have made no sense) and many also decided long before Polarized that they would save Chloe over the town.

Also keep in mind that certain things about Max cannot be changed. She is not a blank slate for the player to fill in. It's the player's job to guide her and give her advice.

actually i didn't mind ''choices didn't matter'' issue and i'm glad that it isn't some role play game and main character has her own feelings rather than being players' slave.

but writing was awful. half of episode 4's choices (for example, our confrontation with Frank) and episode 5 & its choices were biggest disappointment for this series.things could've been ended better but they'd ignored everything just for tragedy's sake.

true
clearly they didn't execute it perfectly, seemed rushed
I honestly can't even imagine a game like this, except every small decision you make has some impact on the ending
maybe one day

anyone else think they were going to be stuck in the reality where chloe was a cripple and they would have to start over from scratch?

>Also keep in mind that certain things about Max cannot be changed. She is not a blank slate for the player to fill in. It's the player's job to guide her and give her advice.
Exactly.

that's a shame
but I think it makes sense beccause it would take an incredible amount of effort to make a game with so many endings
seems like the developers just wanted to tell a basic story, rather than make a game

what would you have changed then?

Stop linking these already. Boards are separated for a reason.

You'd rather we dissolve into obscurity than give the last people that truly want to hold on a place for it? Who cares if it's fine by everyone? They can leave, same result for them. Maybe we could have irregular generals here still, and then go back into a more regular rhythm once live-action and Season 2 or news about those hit.

I really don't see us dying either. But some idiot(s) apparently feels the need to create thread after thread on /v/ - /"We hate this 'game' so much and care about it so little that we will frequently have active threads about it two years after its release bullshitting about it in a totally not-caring fashion!"/ and then - what's actually annoying - bring them up in here; this is like the 10th general in a row that someone talks about and even links to /v/ in. If anyone doesn't like talking about LiS in /lisg/ anymore and goes to /v/ of all places for it instead, sounds to me like they should perhaps consider just staying there.

Then again, maybe some of the people that actually like the game will find their way here through that.

If anything, it's shipping shittery - and not really shittery either as people talk about canonical relationships and characterizations. There is constantly new fan content being released that keeps the fandom going and vice versa, but the existence of generals is more varied than to be relying on novelty. Let alone justified by it: the justification for any existing general is... its existence.

While we are long past the days of frequent rigorous and lengthy discussions, they still do pop up then and again, and there's things worth coming back for in every thread of ours if you like the game.

I do think it's worth replaying if you "absolutely loved it". Explore more mono/dialogue and environment, get a more refined sense of what you like about it.

Yeah but this is not an rpg afterall.
but I wish they'd ended story with logical,reasonable consclucion which's loyal to game's rules

Pretty much the entirety of Episode 5. Give Jefferson and Nathan more of a motivation, give Rachel some kind of appearance and relevance, allow Max and Chloe to help people in the town before going up to the cliff (Or bring those they rescue to the cliff with them), don't pin everything on Max, show what happened after the storm and give closure to the characters.

> so many people predicted the endings, said they wouldn't like if it came down to it (Because it would have made no sense) and many also decided long before Polarized that they would save Chloe over the town.

>yfw it was all a dream

so what did you choose at the end?

End? What end?

Holy shit, is Episode 5 finally out? I didn't think we'd get to see it until 2017.

No, he meant how did you imagine:) the ending?

>Chloe?!
>M-Max? What's wrong? It's like 4 in the morning.
>I had a terrible nightmare! You were there and you were shot, but then I saved you, and there was this huge tornado that was going to wreck the Bay unless I went back and let you...
>ssshh Max. That sounds like a shitty dream, but it was just a dream. I'm right here and not going anywhere anytime soon. Unless it's with you.
>You're right. Sorry for waking you up.
>Max, never be sorry for something like that. Now come on, just cuddle up with me. I'm right here.
>Thanks Chloe. I love you.
>I love you too, Max. Now relax, close your eyes, and doze off. I can stay up until you're sleep if you want...Max?
>ZZZzzzzz
>Heh. Figures. G'night, hippy.

It's getting very cold out, /lisg/; don't forget to bundle up!

Comfy comforting.