Whatever mong owned my Mustang before me overtightened the bolts on the strut towers...

Whatever mong owned my Mustang before me overtightened the bolts on the strut towers, leaving tiny round indents where the paint has flaked away.

I know it is mostly asthetic, but is there anything I can do?

Overtightened? That would happen if they were tightened to spec dumbass.

I found it rather odd as I have helped my friends with their S197s, and this has not happened to their paint.

I guess they may just be lucky

The pinnacle of autism

Yes. Paint it, genius.

Tripfags, everyone

Shock towers gonna rust out. Might as well buy a new car now before the whole suspension crumbles beneath you.

Holy hell...
Also, everytime I see your trip, I now know that you are autistic as fuck.

Possibly wont happen in a warm and dry climate.

Just paint them, or get large washers that will cover it up.

Lol, yes I am an autist.

However this is the first non-shitbox I have owned, and I tend to fret over every single paint chip.

"lol yes I'm a autist, don't hit on me silly girls"
Kill yourself.

That just happens. It might not be the result of overtightening.

Maybe owning a car isn't for you then

Dude, it's a Mustang. I don't think you'll be getting judged for them at Pebble Beach next year.

>buying a mustang
>buying a pre-owned mustang
>admitting to being an autist

Have we found a weapon to surpass Metal Gear? And possibly even a certain tripfag that has a
>DIESEL
>FIAT

and to answer your question, paint chipping can be expected when metal rubs against metal, fuckwit. When it starts to rust, then you can get worried. Go back to being user until you have more than 3 automotive brain cells that can compile a rational thought, jesus fuck.

I was a retard for posting this, so I might as well admit it instead of trying to justify my shit tier logic.

this is bait. do not respond to bait.

ford's white paint is shit, look it up

this

specifically came here to say this

As someone briefly mentioned, you can paint it, use a touch up pen from Ford to keep it oem and full autistic approved. If you don't want it to rust and don't give a fuck out some oil on the bare metal

This. However the washer marks on that tower aren't an issue... That's pretty clearly what a washer will do to any paint when tightened.

But yes, Ford White (any shade I've come across) has been dogshit, my car included. Pontiac knew how to formulate a white paint in my experience.. Too bad they're kill and can't pass on their superior whites.

Mustang owners are notoriously giant douchebags, so it makes natural sense that the former owner/douchebag would do something like that. Think of it as a symbolic gesture from one douchebag welcoming another douchebag to the club.

Thanks, I suspected the same, as I know Ford's white paint was pretty mediocre.

I guess I was being too paranoid as my last shitbox died due to strut tower rust.

I already painted it over with some touch-up paint.