/nosg/ - Nostalrius General

>What's happening?
Everyone is waiting for nost2.0 which will be hosted by Valkyrie and run by the original Nost team. We're currently waiting on server release.

>When is the release?
December 17th, (18:00 GMT+1/12PM EST) for the OLD server. 3-4 weeks after the NEW server will be released which we will be playing on.

>OLD NOST PvP and PvE(Name: Nostalrius PvP/Nostalrius PvP)
These will have all your old level 60 chars for nostalgia's sake. Will be released on Dec 17. (No one will roll here)

>NEW NOST PvP (Name: Elysium PvP)
Brand new server, will be released 3-4 weeks after old nost. (We will be rolling here.)

>What faction are we rolling?
Horde:
whisper:
Chicken#0092
Glaston#4659
for a discord invite.

For the Alliance guild message Merove.

For the 2nd Alliance guild message Infamy#5816 for discord invite.

----------------------------------------

>Server homepage
elysium-project.org/
>Vanilla WoW database
db.vanillagaming.org
>Leveling Guide
docs.google.com/document/d/1-Z2vplxWZACKmCpw1B8vexKQ2vwjRqFRjcJhHjAxxJg/edit
>Nos Pre-Bis
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1j81TgG0p_HrYKajiUiQfYIoSUx1culzy2u_Fc4wtiS8/edit#gid=329725463
>Leveling Specs
imgur.com/a/aNm8V#0
>Big Addon Pack
wow-one.com/forum/topic/3573-vanilla-112-addons-download/

tags: wpsg vag wowg world of warcraft

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/unpMF
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>He's playing on the old server

LOL

Corecraft...

I dedicate this to Alex

I miss

anime and erp

good he deserves it for killingme in stv

On Nostalrius, when it's alliance pug vs horde pug, the horde pug won roughly 80% of the time

>Alliance have instant queues which subconsciously makes people not give their everything for a win(who cares when I can just requeue and get instant pop again?).
>Alliance pugs often get retards like ret paladins or boomkins. While most of the holy paladins are smart enough to only queue in premades.
>All the truly good alliance players will be in premades
>Hordes have to wait 10-20 minutes in queue which has the opposite effect of alliance instant queues.
>Fewer horde premades which results in good players actually participating in pugs

If you wish to rank then go alliance if you like premading, go horde if you like solo queuing/pugging.

Power Word: Shield!
Heal!
Renew!

Nahaha! Feeling better, sweetie?
Be careful next time!

>720x480

Seal of Righteousness!

Auto Attack!

>tfw can't roll rogue because I get 300 ping on the russian servers

>using Seal of Righteousness when Crusader and Command exist
Ummm what are you doing

Other people will be lagging to m8

>russian servers
hosted in france, btw.

Do I play Druid or """Shaman"""?

Depends what you want to do, friend.
My vote is shaman because shape changing is weird. Ghost wolf doesn't count because it's a ghost or spirit form or something.

Shamans are good and actually useful.

Druids can't even rez lmao

it's supposed to be a starter paladin

I just came!

I wouldnt even bring a shammy or a druid to Wailing caverns

They're fucked up on nost tho
And I doubt the wonderful scripters at Valkyrie will be fixing the wealth of Shaman/Paladin bugs anytime soon

>3-4 weeks after the NEW server will be released which we will be playing on

im rolling on the old server because i don't want to be near you cucks

They're both good in capable hands.

I prefer shaman because they can capably heal and do damage at range and in melee. Mail with a shield is good defense wise, especially if you're an orc and get ganked by rogues. The offensive utility they have is awesome. Purge and R1 shocks are amazing.

We're coming for you

>Merove is still keeping his charade up
End this already senpai, half the people Merove thought were joining him were alliance players on k2 and are are joining infamy's guild, infamy's guild will raid and clear content, but if we don't clear any divisions between alliance guild early we'll be lacking members and end up with alot of Veeky Forums members spread out in normie guilds because of the usual guild vs guild tactics

Both guilds are going to try to demonize each other and when one dies their members won't even consider joining the other one from all the propaganda they sucked up during the time

Merove you have no fucking experience at anything in vanilla and you have no idea what kind of people you are making a guild with, delete your discord already and give up

The guys that expect to raid with Merove, it won't happen, I have seen it several times before, you will have a 15-20 members online guild at first, you'll have a meme filled chatroom, level together, do dungeons together and this will go on for 3-4 weeks but then you will realize that he only way you will raid is with pugs

And that's when people drop, no one wants to raid with pugs forever, and when they start dropping, odds are that not all of them will go to the other Veeky Forums guild, that's how the community on the Alliance starts dying, we need everyone on a single guild from the start if we want to withstand the slow but constant lost of players.

Again, to the guys that plan to join Merove's goose chase, keep in mind that the people that are making the core of the other guild are players that didn't quit, over half the people you will be leveling with will quit the server, side with reliable people from the start.

OSoC you chink, get ready

H-hai priestess-chan~

Fuck off Earwen you faggot

What are the shammy bugs on nost? I'm thinking of going shammy.

>infamy's guild will raid and clear content
lol good one man. Have you seen the shit players that guild has?

I wouldn't bring you to Wailing Caverns either.

you resists your own totems, I'm not joking

>tfw want to play horde but alliance is looking like the underdog this time around

>being this threatened that your meme clique guild is dying
>p-p-please join ours!

Fuck off. was the legit Alliance guild the day Nost announced it was reopening.

how?

What's the fucking difference?

Why is Rhox there? He's trash.

>le shitty premade man

Wow did he post the same video twice because of the Nost launch? I'm unsubbing lol what a jerk.

Most of the chinks tend to roll Alliance. Go Horde if you wanna kill them.

wow virgin here
is there some other server I can play on so I wont be a complete noob when the real thing comes around

This. It's already been decided that he will lead the Alliance guild. If you don't like it join Salty Dogs lol.

retro wow

No. You'll be shit no matter what you do in 2 months.

>raiding in retail is so easy...
>no i haven't killed a mythic boss in my life..

Join up on retrowow for a bit, fuck up alot, succeed alot..see how things go for you

discord
discord.gg/unpMF

raiding is not difficult in WoW

WoW's difficulty is artificial because it's a tab target hotkey based MMORPG

most chinks roll undead btw ignore the salty cuck

we waiting u

Except that's wrong you retard. UC is the anti-chink bunker because skeletons and zombies scare the shit out of them. So they tend to roll Human/Night Elf
>b-but chinese models
Enjoy getting banned lol

Dunno? I was just correcting since a lot of people think it's hosted in russia, wasn't attacking you.

k2 horde had almost all of the chinese pop on the server 90% of them were undead

all the bots I have encountered on K2 so far have been undead

why is this?

>k2
ebin

You're both kind of wrong for whatever that is worth.
Early when the chinese zerg happened, they mainly went alliance. It could be a lot of reasons but the main one (at least in my opinion) was that the popular chinese streamers that shilled nost a fuckload were all alliance.
Later, like shortly before shutdown, the chinese were present in huge numbers on both factions. A large percentage of the horde side chinese were undead mages for gold farming purposes. The most populated guilds on both factions were chinese.
There isn't enough info to say which side had "more" chinese but there is enough to say that both factions had a shitload and that undead are not an "anti-chink" bunker.

Lads, I'm thinking about rolling either resto shaman or Warlock.
Do the horde guild focus just on PVE?

>Dark Souls is so easy
>No I have not finished NG+++

Salty Dogs does it all man. We'll be slaying blood loa, old gods and liches AND fucking people up in pvp, whether it's batttlegrounds or protecting zones against Alliance

We have been through this before, Merove is just some retard that started posting discord invites all over the place and knows nothing about the game, don't get attached to it please, or else it will hurt more when you start raiding and realize how clueless he is.

>being this threatened
I don't want memes that will last 2 months and break apart, I want a solid Veeky Forums guild that will stay togueter from here to the unknown and anyone with experience playing these servers knows from 10 miles that Merove is a joke and will only help polarize members into joining normie guilds.

Then join C&D. Oh wait... you faggots tried usurping the guild, started your typical drama and then left like children.

Nigga every boss in vanilla is mythic difficulty there is no other easier mode.
the only reason vanilla raiding is "easy" is because we get fucking used to it because we dont have some new garbage ass expansion every 2 years

it was easy back then
bosses have like 3 abilities
the only hard part was getting to the boss and having 40 idiots who were past 70 iq to not stand in red

pic related

read the original post, it was Merove that invited people that never planned to join him from the start because he didn't plan to do a guild, he just wanted to capitalize on being the first one and people laughed at him for it, again don't say "you faggots" please realize that Merove has no experience at all and that we are the only choice outside of the horde for a long running Veeky Forums guild.

We didnt even have stand in red.
Get ur deadly boss mod bullshit the fuck outta here child.

Fuck off with your disinfo. If you actually knew anything, you'd know that it was the cliquefaggots that started shit. Merove didn't do anything wrong.

today i will remind them

WRONG ORDER YOU FUCKING SLUT

do not

I repeat do NOT shield me while I'm trying to get enough rage from this mob to save your WORTHLESS SLUT ASS from dying

if you think vanilla raiding is harder than retail you're delusional sorry dude

>some autistic salty cuck actually was autistic enough to make bunch of screenshots and made a collage
Here friend, one screenshot that tells EVERYTHING about your guild

Will Rotix come back?

Neither is hard but vanilla would be harder if u had to choose one.
Guess you will find out on ur AQ40 day retail faggot.

>cliquefaggots
Please stop fighting agaisnt it
If you raided with the same people for months and wanted to keep playing with them anyone from the outside would call you a clique faggot as well, you are just trying to deny reality

We are organized and know how this is going to go down, and if "you knew anything" you would know that the Alliance was holding off announcing anything until there was a release date

Would you call salty dogs clique faggots because they are the ex members of a guild organizing themselves to raid? You just fell for a sense of community, the first person that alluded you and are trying to stick to it, wake up and realize that there are other options and that around you are only people that will quit the game and leave you hanging.
Merove mistake was trying to pull this with zero experience raid leading or in vanilla in general, he was a fool that tried to do a first come first served by himself, a single person doesn't make a guild and none of the past guilds here were made by a bunch of random people, there is always a precedent, or a guild that came before, you are in a sinking ship.

t. BWL kiddy

yea dude because bosses in naxx like patchwerk were the EPITOME of mechanically hard bosses
the only "hard" bosses in vanilla were gear checks

I was thinking of playing a paladin but I think I want to try maining a mage for once. I mained a paladin in original classic, I should broaden my horizons.

So, what race should I play as a mage? I was thinking qt undead female.

Why don't you? Cease & Desist has always been the actual Alliance guild, while your splinter "guild" (more of a circlejerk) will do nothing

No. Undead male. I am the one and only allowed to play undead fems

Fuck you. I'll play a qt undead if I want to.

>he still plays bugged to the max private servers

difficulty in vanilla raids is ridiculous amount of prep time necessary for 40 people not present in later expansions. this applies to AQ and Naxx for the most part

mechanics in wow have never been hard, it's not exactly rocket surgery

Why is your discord already dead then? The only people I see talking in it are already confirmed for rolling on horde or the other alliance guild lmao

Also please stop telling lies on the Internet and calling any group you are not part of a clique, it's pathetic, there is a core of experienced raiders in both Infamy's and salty dogs, keep denying everything until the very end.

What's the roster looking so far regarding specs? What do you need more, resto shaman or Lock?

kek

Frostshock!

Lightning Bolt crit!

Chain Lightning crit!

ZAP! Looks like you're dead and so is your healer friend!

Actually you can just one shot people with Chain Lightning.

Charge!

Hamstring!

Im dead!

Executing hardest fights with an entire raid before you outgear it can be hard and takes skill/dedication.

But generally I agree.

Anything is welcome, though we have a lot warlocks, shaman and warriors. Though since you said resto shammy that'd be awesome.

>k2

How about nost?

Anyways there's going to be lots of chinese on both sides.

Ba-bang!

Kapow!

That's the sound of my gun! Don't think I haven't rolled dwarf this time!

vwwwwsh! Stone form, yes! Can't blindme now, idiot rogues!

ok today is saturday

they said the would make an announcement this week

today is saturday

where the fuck is the announcement devs???

He's fast!

>all of the blank text made your name blank

How is elemental shaman? They sound really fun but I heard they're only good in pvp

It's coming out in late February mate.

Shit I hate when everybody picks the same class as me
Alright resto shaman it is then
How do I go about registering? Just whisper someone when the server goes live?