In your opinion, what's the classiest car ever made?

In your opinion, what's the classiest car ever made?

Mine would definitely be this. Fucking GPS, CRT touch screen, and everything in the early 90s! Crazy. Also, one of the smoothest rides ever due to the fabled perfect power transfer of the three Rotor engine.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oS0_w_qvYHo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Variable power steering, hydropneumatic suspension, self-leveling and swiveling headlights, Maserati V6.
Insane comfort and it looks like a goddamn spaceship.

Boogatti

/thread

The lights kind of remind me of Audi.

i understood that reference

Toyota Soarer

Extremely well balanced V8 from the LS400. Look for coin tests at 6500rpm or the famous champagne glasses ad for lexus on the dyno.

Active suspension, 4 wheel steering, air suspension, built in GPS navigation, rear view camera, automatic foldable mirrors, extremely engineered doors, projector headlights, digital cluster and one of the first cars made in CAD.

The Lexus SC400 didn't get many of the features but essentially is the same vehicle. The Eunos Cosmo and Soarer were direct competitors in Japan. The SC400 was competing against the 8 series and the SL internationally since they were exported in the U.S.

There is a sportier side to it as well, giving birth to the Toyota Supra MK4, but as far as class goes this car definitely makes the list.

Praise to your lord pleb Nazi machines

Not the classiest but the classiest car that anyone can own.

Whoever you are that keeps posting tasteful cars, stop it! This board is for ill tempered, live at home, broke ass, plebtards that only pretend to have skills, only.

youtube.com/watch?v=oS0_w_qvYHo

want

>over engineered
>merc
>7 liter engine made over 500 bhp taking the 1800 KG car from 0-60 in FIVE FUCKING SECONDS

Hnnnnng

For real that's probably the coolest shit.
They're legal here too, now, it's been 25 years...and this is one of the few cars I would import. Good lord. Gorgeous.

Italio garbage can be cool, but definitely not classy

Interior wise?

Yeah definitely the Cosmo.

But exterior? It looks like just a slightly nicer 90s Buick. It doesn't really have presence.
It does have a nice roof line, but that's it.

I really can't get over how the Cosmo was a vastly superior car to the LS400 in every fucking way, for 25% less money, yet it wasn't sold in America.
I thought the LS400 was cool at the time. My parents had one. Obviously I know how wrong I am now days, and had no idea what I was missing.
It feels like we were robbed more than we were robbed over any other car.

>classy
>posts nigger rims

we are in agreement OP

>7 liter engine made over 500 bhp taking the 1800 KG car from 0-60 in FIVE FUCKING SECONDS

How the fuck is 500hp for 1300kg taking 5s to go 0-60 impressive?

The FD had half the horsepower, 255, and weighed 1300kg.
That's not half the weight, yet it went 0-60 in under 5 seconds.

Or take the ATS-V for example, it's pretty similar.
464hp, 1728kg, 0-60 in 3.9 seconds.

Is that guy a midget?

Are there better wheels to put on that car? Damn those look good.

Classy cars you said ? 1/?

I wouldn't say they're vastly superior but they have A E S T H E T I C
The 20b engine is defiantly more interesting than just a V8, but it also won't last 300k miles with basic maintenance

They were more luxurious (far superior leather and much more plush seats), far more technologically advanced (color fucking touchscreen in 1990), far faster. Hell it was even a far better handling car and other things as well.

Only thing the Lexus had over it is that I think it had a 5th seat? Maybe more trunk space?

It is and was a vastly superior car, user.

But you are right that the engine won't last as long without needing a rebuild. But a rebuild in a rotary is not as big of a deal as rebuilding a boinger.

Its impressive because you can do it without spilling your drink.

Last one, my car. I find it quite classy and I don't care if you don't ^^

Yeah because its fucking slow lmao

Touring Superleggera Disco Volante

Why are cars like this never actually mass produced?

Every few years you have a boutique or concept car that blows everyone away and every car magazine and show hails as the most beautiful thing.
And it fades away.
Honestly, I didn't even like this car that much (looks unrefined in some areas, and way too much front overhang), but I still don't get it.

The Mazda Furai was another one of those.

Maserati 5000GT

M'lady

looks kinda shit

I'm tempted to move to Europe and rob a bank to own one of these.

looks surprisingly better in targa
except for these retarded wheel arches
what the fuck were they thinking?

This is an homage design....

Well at least you guys got the SC200...

That's still got nothing on the Cosmo.

Granted a Cosmo can be imported now... I don't know, it's just not the same. They didn't make enough so there isn't enough aftermarket support. I don't want a 4 speed auto and shit. An FC 5 speed conversion is pretty meh, too.

Can't you just weld an FC's transmission onto it? It should work.

yeah it looks like a 90's buick you mong. Do you know how SHIT americans cars looked then?

How is it much nicer than an celsior? it certainly has a very cool aesthetic interior But how is it vastly superior in every way? Are you baiting?

... You don't need to weld.

But an FC 5 speed isn't really ideal either. Especially for all the interior work and shifter linkages for it to not look shitty.

People still think it looks like a Buick, even if they're clearly wrong.

It does have a bit of similary to a 90s Buick Regal and Cadillac Seville

I can easily identify the Cosmo at any angle, it is distinct enough, but most Americans are "lew its got Audi headlights".
You mong.

Nipps were notorious for ripping off foreign designs.

The thing is, the Cosmo does look much better than similarly designed cars of the early 90s.

But "looks like a better Seville" isn't high praise.

I don't hate how they look. They actually have a gorgeous side silhouette and it's a shame the headlights, taillights, and bumpers let it down so much. But they aren't one of the most gorgeous cars ever, for sure.

And everyone rips off everyone. It's not just Nipponaise that do. Design is derivative to begin with.
Mazda started that black plastic shit for big grills, didn't they?
Then everyone copied it and made it so much fucking worse to way gaudier degrees while Mazda's have gotten smaller instead.

Aesthetic, but not classy. Unless you are implying the class is determined by the number of lines of coke they snort.