What year did Jeep go to shit again? Was 05 the last good year?

What year did Jeep go to shit again? Was 05 the last good year?

anything after the TJ is shit

>exception: the SRT... Driving a jeep that does 140 is pretty fucking cool desu

>140mph is an accomplishment in burgerland

my fucking sides

>140
>in a fucking jeep

I know over there in Bongistan ya'll can't have much fun... But your average 4.0L jeep will barely do 80 down a hill... 140 in a jeep is fucking cool.

Jeep was never good.

2001, when the Chrysler made Grand Cherokee replaced the AMC designed one

>But your average 4.0L jeep will barely do 80 down a hill
My XJ would easily do 100 down the highway though it took a good 30-40 seconds to get there. Then again I didn't have retarded tires and wheels on it.

jeep hit the low shit tank with the release of the grand cherokee
that was the first model of shit

anything new after the GC will be shit

people think the amc 242 was the last great jeep engine, but the 5.3 and 5.9 magnums were outstanding perhaps even better and are often overlooked

but regardless of engine, chrystler really started fucking up their entire driveline starting with the jeep GC

shitty axles, shitty differentials, shitty AWD transfercase. shitty v6 model transmission (v8 is decent though), shitty interference engines with various assembly issues that span a decade of potential hidden catastrophic failures, etc. etc.

anything with the iron duke was solid

this

you're talking about the jeep liberties right?

>4.0L jeep will barely do 80

holy fuck leave please

>an engine with 190HP will barely make a car weighing 2900ibs go 80mph

He's right though. I have a 3.7L 07 Liberty, I can barely hit 60 on the highway.

>I can barely hit 60 on the highway.
First of all, bullshit. Secondly
>why does my car with basically the same horsepower go slower than one that weighs half a ton or more less?

A stock XJ will hit the limiter with power to spare, it just takes a mile to get there after about 80.

nvm i thought you were being serious and not trolling

Well obviously. There's minivans with massive power under the hood but can't beat out a civic.

I'm dead serious. Liberty's are HEAVY.

My mother has an '05 Grand Cherokee.

Absolute piece of shit. Transmission is shit. After driving on the highway for 10 minutes, it stays in 5th gear until you turn the car off. I generally fear for her safety.

DaimlerChrysler era.

Aerodynamics of a brick tho

of all the models, why get a fucking cherokee

they're built to break

Something is wrong with your car bro.

It can't be. Just bought it off Craigslist brand new. Was only $9,500 120,000 miles.

Ok now I know your joking.

It was worth. Shit is fully loaded, new stereo, badass custom paintjob, power windows, it has it all.

Ive driven friends liberty's past 85 in that config with plenty of power to spare. Your shits broke.

You got fucked in that deal. 4x4 versions regularly go for around 4500 tops with that mileage and year here.

Your guess is as good as mine bud

>getting passed by a 2017 patriot
>can hear the downshift into 7th gear
>the 2L engine redlines at 11k and just barely makes it

Did you chuckle as a 99' minivan passed the $20k hunk of metal?