Old School vs New School

Old vs New
Which one is better? Why? Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KnmYo4xEp28
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Literally none of these have improved in the aesthetics department

>US trash

Cmon. Muscle cars are pretty bad ass. You gotta admit.

@newest generations
Super high tier:
Challenger

High tier:
Mustang

Mediocore tier:
Corvette
Charger

Absolute dogshit tier:
Pontiac

Absolute chinkshit tier:
Camaro

I'll admit that they were probably good cars back in the day but I honestly don't understand what people see in them.
They're not fast, not light, not economical, not functional, not practical, not elegant, etc.
It's like you tried to be good at everything but instead failed miserably at all of it.
I respect that it's part of the US car "culture" but they're just thousands and thousands of better cars in every single aspect from all around the world.

My guess is that people who like muscle cars are the same as those who think Harleys are fast or those who played a lot with hot wheels when they were young.

new is better in every way

True to be honest. But I guess they look cool now lol. Maybe they'll get better in the future?

except it's not unique to american cars by any stretch
CLASSIC cars are >not fast, not light, not economical, not functional, not practical, not elegant, etc.

and if you can't see the attractiveness in any classic car, no amount of arguing on the internet will change you

You're not getting laid with that attitude

everyone should just ride buses everywhere desu, i dont understand cars either

muscle cars are lowest common denominator magnets

youre just too intelligent for them welcome to the club

You'd probably argue the AE86 is a good car though.

It is a fucking good car you fatass shit eating amerifuck.

They weren't aesthetic to begin with, so they are sticking to their roots.

Nothing wrong about Hot Wheels you huge fag, Evene the videogames were great

I have like 3 laundry bins of hotwheels and matchbox cars

>It is a fucking good car
It's an ugly underpowered econobox tin can who's only redeeming quality is that you can make its rear wheels lose traction, and even then it barely has the ability to do that in stock form.

That is one triggered nigger.

Shut the fuck up kid. I bet you never driven one. My friend who owns a !mechanic shop has one. It goes 0-60 in 7 seconds. It handles god tier and its not ugly. If you want ugly look at your shitty muscle cars. My friend smoked a fucking 2015 mustang dude. Top speed 150mph. Fuck you

I drove an '85 GT-S for three years and I stand behind what I said, it was a pretty shit car. The only reason I drove it was because I got it for free from my brother.

>buying an infernal combustion engine vehicle
>still thinking gasoline has power
>old school/new school < electric torque

lol, its time for you to embrace the future. Once you feel the torque it will speak right to your reptile brain and you'll be changed forever.

youtube.com/watch?v=KnmYo4xEp28

>$135,000

get the fuck outta here

>Back in the day
a muscle car was not a good car in any day, specially when they were popular
A muscle car was just a normal car that they shoved a 7L V8 in it, it didnt handle, it didnt turn, it didnt brake
Modern "muscle" cars are much more inline with sports cars than muscle, the only real muscle are the two hellcat

I think the 4th gen was the pinnacle of Camaro body style

lol no

>Hating on the Monaro and the C6
Why?

They are the only decent looking modern muscle cars

> It goes 0-60 in 7 seconds.
> My friend smoked a fucking 2015 mustang dude

Bullshit. Go look up 0-60 times on any version of a 2015 Mustang. Here's a hint, not a single one of them takes 7 seconds to get to 60mph. I don't even like Mustangs, but you're screaming out of your ass like a mouthful of Mexican chili.

Old for looks, new for performance. Cars that weigh as much as an aircraft carrier than can get to 60mph in less than 5 seconds is pretty impressive.

>tfw do three 0-60 pulls
>car dies trying to do a 4th

The Challenger is the only one that looks good with the modernization and that's because it deviates very little from its origin. The rest of them sick compared to their classic iterations - especially the Corvette, Camaro, and GTO. The modern Charger chose in the picture was the worst of the three front fascias. The current and previous ones were better, but can't compare to the original.

The Mustang has been slowly morphing into the disgusting blob it is now for decades, so it doesn't matter. It's not a throwback, no matter how much everyone wants to say it is. It's the bastard child of a 1970 and a SN95, plain and simple. No where near as pretty as the original run.

Mah nigga

>implying the C2 wasn't the sexiest car America ever made

they only look good with a nice stance and as a convertible

split window is the ugliest

sad part is that yeah its probably one of the best looking American cars

considering the new models from left to right top to bottom
better, worse, worse, better, worse, better

>look through center mirror
>see a fucking wall behind me
yeah that's great

>tfw to intelligent too like muscle cars

The sense of acceleration is closely tied with sound. A 5 second muscle car will feel faster than a 3 second electric car.

Apparently still not intelligent enough for proper grammar.

iktf

>They're not fast, not light, not economical, not functional, not practical, not elegant, etc.
Show me ONE (1) car that is fast, light, economical, functional, practical, and elegant.

>infernal combustion
>tfw your car is powered by the fires of hell

Civic with a few simple mods

Old, but the new Vette, Challenger and especially Camaro are fucking sick as fuck.

>For reference I consider 2000+ as "new" while everything before that, regardless of the age of the brand, is "old"

GM: Old
FCA US/Chrysler: Old
Ford: New

Toyota: New
Honda: Old
Nissan: Old
Mazda: Old

BMW: New
Mercedes: Old
VAG: Old
Porsche: Old

Lamborgini: Old
Ferrari: Old
Alfa: Old
Maserati: Old

Bentley: Old
RR: New
Aston: New
Jaguar: Old

>Civic
>elegant

10/10 made me kek

clean and unassuming

very elegant compared to most

normies can go electric for all i care, but i still want to hear my 40% (tops) efficiency combustion engine to sing sweet songs to me.
Burning dinosaurs shouldnt be illegal.
rotaries shouldnt be illegal.
a world without combustion engines is a world i dont want to live in.

>le "nostalgia for a time I was never a part of"
I understand the love for 90s nipboxes and krautwagons, but """classic cars"""?

Nothing classy about having to call AAA

early american muscle look more aggressive than modern cars ever could, simply because they didnt use all the tryhard optic bodykits.
I'm a total weaboo when it comes to cars, but i can admit that. American muscle looks good, because it looks raw, mechanical, no bullshit.

>simply because they didnt use all the tryhard optic bodykits.

lmao most muscle cars are gaudy and tacky

they dont look good

its too intelligent to like
you fucking uneducated imbecile jeeez

Looks like a Volvo ripoff

too many curves

Volvo cant design a car

Mechanically, new cars are objectively better.
Aesthetically, old cars are objectively better.
This means the best car is an old car that's been restomodded. Maybe with period correct stylistic alterations.

restomod is cancer

Nah

i mean classic muscle, not nu-"muscle" ponycars

so did I

The only curve they have is on the upper half of the body

How so? Explain how improving a car's capability, performance, or handling, and reliability, while keeping the original look or feel, is cancer?

>Harley not fast

When

It's fast but god that's an ugly front end