/sthg/ - Sonic The Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #630 - Cafe Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

marza.com/assets/works/000/000/011/mp4/SonicWorldAd.mp4
s8.photobucket.com/user/Spongbobo/library/Sonic Boom Season 2?sort=2&page=1
twitter.com/BillFreiberger/status/805813780818952192
dailymotion.com/video/x54xqvb_the-biggest-fan_fun
touch.pixiv.net/member.php?id=6630846
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Wow I'm early

Honestly, I really like the idea of Heroes.

So do I, it was just badly executed.

Honestly, that describes most Sonic games.

The whole franchise, really

Also, we need more pictures of Squid Girl/Octo Lady from aosth

In MH4U, a "twin-tailed fox" says he thinks this thing "might" be dangerous. Seriously, Tails? "Might"? I know he faces threatening robots on a regular basis, but still.

Does the artist who drew this have a twitter or pixiv? It's amazing to see Eastern Archie Sonic fans.

>Daily reminder that there's a version of the Opening Unleashed Cinematic that had a brief shot of Sonic's skeleton.

marza.com/assets/works/000/000/011/mp4/SonicWorldAd.mp4

Now all we need is to wait for some Eastern fanarts of the reboot characters

>Crab
>Not Crabmeat
You had one job

>Also, we need more pictures of Squid Girl/Octo Lady from aosth

the user that did is taking commissions I think. or ABT. or Jen is posting commissions on her twitter if you're willing to spin that wheel

2spooky4me

what're they saying?

I know it's not much but somebody took screencaps of the new Boom episode.

s8.photobucket.com/user/Spongbobo/library/Sonic Boom Season 2?sort=2&page=1

Again, not much but at least it's something.

oh god, is that /sthg/ the character?

>Sonic Restrained
>Spread Eagle on Bed
>Photo's of himself on the dresser
Oh No

I swear someone watched my life today.

Does anyone want context? I found a spoilery description of the episode if anyone wants to know.

It's about a huge Sonic fan tapir who annoys Sonic, right?

I don't.

Yes but they take it several steps beyond.

Mark The Tapir (The fanboy character in this episode) is literally a representation of that strange part of the Sonic fanbase

tell me more

>He referenced the "blue arms" thing
>He writes Sonic Fan-Fiction
>When picking out a fan-fiction to read to Sonic he recommends choosing something "family-friendly"
>The fan-fiction he does choose is a SonAmy fic

I wish I was making this up but it's true. And it's hilarious to me.

Good lord, this sounds glorious.

New comics when/where? readcomic looks to be kill

>When
This coming Wednesday with part 3 of Pirate Princess
>Where
Go to the win'O thread on /co/ and get the link yourself.
In hindsight saving all the comics that have come out since WU ended was a really good idea

Is this the one Flynn wrote?

Nope, that's next week

How do you know that?

Because Bill himself confirmed Episode 6 was Ian's episode

Not the same user but, Bill's Twitter.
twitter.com/BillFreiberger/status/805813780818952192

because he said so

I just saw that as you posted.

>Wearing pants
Something's not right

Whoa, do the characters actually acknowledge you when you look at them?

It's not the best, But I found the episode

dailymotion.com/video/x54xqvb_the-biggest-fan_fun

i love yu ll

Hi drunk Sally

stop it]

Creepy

im not thst bad

Someone take Sally's phone before she drunk dials Monkey Khan

dude rally, Im not as bad as you thnk

>Amy: It's clear that he has an unhealthy attachment to you.
>Tails: You should know

Man, looking at the SEGA forums really made me appreciate /sthg/ a whole lot more.

Can you post lewd stuff in Sega Forums?

Are they that bad?

You're not really convincing us. Are you ok user?

No. But you can get into completely autistic arguments over "muh Classic," & "muh Adventure" over there.

myfruiends going to ermany,
and im sending thim off

Just imagine a bunch of Classicfags arguing with a bunch of Adventurefags. I know we have that at times, but it's way worse over there.

They also cannot into memes.

You're supposed to drink AFTER you get to Germany, once you've gotten to where the good hooch is

HE S going to germay
and he like bunnie anyway

There is any comic Eggman turn into a Hedgehog?

Tell your friend I said he has great taste in vacation spots and waifus

goin army

I don't know why people tear their hair out over whether or not a character is well-written or not.

I think all Sonic characters(including the comic ones) are almost all equally shallow, and I just choose favorites based on how they look like.

The only objectively good character is Eggman.

This. I don't get why people bitch and moan how characters "act out of character" either. They're fictional fucking characters, the writers decide what's in character or not, not the fans. Get off your damn high horse

and snicley

Oh. Well get lit and be safe and have fun. And have him keep a pic of best Bun with him at all times for luck.

Eh, it's like with any other character in other mediums (comics, TV shows, etc.). If a character is known for acting a certain way, it's gonna annoy fans of that character to see them act completely different.

>it's gonna annoy fans of that character to see them act completely different.
Honestly they need to get the fuck over it. They're not real people, who gives a flying fuck?

The characters are almost archetypes. As long as Sonic isn't crying and trying to bang everyone, and Tails isn't an edgelord, I won't really bat an eye.

>The characters are almost archetypes
>Almost
They are all archetypes. You could describe every character in one or two words. And that's fine, it's a kid's franchise, it doesn't have to be super deep or have nuance. As long as things stay in the lines it's fine. No need for people to overanalyze these simple archetypes

Well, it's just how fans of shit are.

Yeah, which is why I like the Boom versions of the characters.They have most of the same shit the game versions have, but they're done differently to make them unique.

>Well, it's just how fans of shit are.
Well then they need to learn to turn their brain off and just enjoy things without nitpicking them

Well, they won't.

That sucks for them then. Shame they can't enjoy things and follow the idea of "Don't like? Don't read" and then just not read/play it and move on instead of bitching

Festive Sonic characters!

Yeah. It's such a shame that people aren't willing to tolerate mediocrity. What a damn shame...

What's so bad about that? What's so bad about not being so damn critical and overthinking things all the time? That doesn't seem like a fun way to go through life, always hating stuff and never relaxing

>What's so bad about not being so damn critical and overthinking things all the time
An industry going slowly to shit from idiots that don't understand what they're fucking up. Do you think M. Night Shyamalan would have managed to make an actually ok movie if he previous shitstains had not been mocked into oblivion?
Your passive hippie attitude doesn't do a thing for anyone.

I think there's for both sides. On one hand, having characters with 0 nuance to them can get pretty boring, but having too much nuance can make them to complex to follow. And only a Sith deals in absolutes. I think as long as a character has an easily identifiable personality that can change and adapt to any situation, it's perfect.

>I think there's for both sides. On one hand, having characters with 0 nuance to them can get pretty boring, but having too much nuance can make them to complex to follow. And only a Sith deals in absolutes. I think as long as a character has an easily identifiable personality that can change and adapt to any situation, it's perfect.
Well, the thing is, Sonic characters don't have nuance. And that's okay.
>Your passive hippie attitude doesn't do a thing for anyone.
Honestly, I think if more people adopted my attitude, the world would be a bit better. At the very least this fandom would be more fun. We'd actually enjoy things instead of bitching about how this game is shit or that character is shit or that other game is shitter than that other game. It really doesn't matter user. It's a fucking video game, they're supposed to be mindless fun. Just turn your brain off and have fun.

Okay, can we not shit this thread up, pls? Thanks.

700 posts later maybe

>Honestly, I think if more people adopted my attitude, the world would be a bit better.
More like people would be more ignorantly blissful to all the garbage surrounding them. It wouldn't change the world at all in any positive manner.
>wahh stop pointing out where things are wrong or sub-optimal
Do what you want and lower your standards if you wish but I expect the games I spend my money on to at least be competent and I'll make sure to bitch if it's not because that increases the chances of future attempts fixing the issue(s). I'll put the games I play to a higher standard in hopes of improvement while you're content shoveling in whatever garbage you come across because of your ignorance-rooted mentality, which is the same type of mentality that allows game companies to get away with creating more garbage. Criticism brings nothing but positive change while apathy and buttpatts bring nothing but negative or lukewarm changes.

>More like people would be more ignorantly blissful to all the garbage surrounding them. It wouldn't change the world at all in any positive manner.
I dunno, I think if people stopped getting at each other's throats for dumb reasons and tried to be positive, we'd at least be happier
>Do what you want and lower your standards if you wish but I expect the games I spend my money on to at least be competent and I'll make sure to bitch if it's not because that increases the chances of future attempts fixing the issue(s). I'll put the games I play to a higher standard in hopes of improvement while you're content shoveling in whatever garbage you come across because of your ignorance-rooted mentality, which is the same type of mentality that allows game companies to get away with creating more garbage. Criticism brings nothing but positive change while apathy and buttpatts bring nothing but negative or lukewarm changes.
You do you man. Criticism may bring positive change in your eyes, but does it really make you happy? Or does it make you bitter? Constantly looking for the littlest flaws to get annoyed at and get angry over. Must be hard to enjoy things. But hey, if that's the kinda life you wanna live, why should I stop you?

I wouldn't call it ignorance though, moreso apathy grown from the realization that it really doesn't matter. At the end of the day it's entertainment meant to kill time, and if it does so, it's done its job. That's all I can ask for

Was that supposed to be a Simpsons reference?

I enjoy things just fine. The difference is that I know why I enjoy what I do and why I don't enjoy what I don't. It's simply higher cognitive function. And yes, I'm calling you stupid because you choose to be.
>moreso apathy grown from the realization that it really doesn't matter
>acts as though you've figured out the "truth"
>At the end of the day it's entertainment meant to kill time, and if it does so, it's done its job
>yet it's rooted in complete subjectiveness
If you want to have no standards and consume shit constantly that's your prerogative but do not tell other people that what you're doing is the true way of doing things when it is detrimental to the industry that makes the content you consume. Be willfully lazy and ignorant on your own. Do not taint others with your apathetic idiocy.

>If you want to have no standards and consume shit constantly that's your prerogative
Well I do have standards. I mean, I didn't like 06, but instead of complaining about it, I just stopped playing and moved on. Why can't more people do that
>when it is detrimental to the industry that makes the content you consume
I don't really see the bitching people do change anything either. So why spend so much energy on something so pointless?
>Be willfully lazy and ignorant on your own. Do not taint others with your apathetic idiocy.
Very well then. I was just trying to offer an alternative way of enjoying Sonic, one that doesn't involve being so critical of everything. Guess that can't happen then

>Why can't more people do that
Because more people want that to not happen again.
>i don't see how it changes anything because I choose not to so it's pointless
You can stop any time.
>Guess that can't happen then
It can but it shouldn't. Apathy is death.

>You can stop any time.
Tell me how fans being overly critical has changed anything for the better

Simply making creators aware of what they messed up does wonders. Most criticism goes beyond just that.
>Sonic Team gets shit on incredibly hard for Sonic 4
>next time they decide to make a 2D game they get someone with a good track record and we get Mania instead of Sonic 4 2.0

Very well then. I concede on that point. I dunno user, it's just, I'm so tired of the fanbase being so negative about everything. Just look at the threads these past few months. They've all been filled with bitching and arguing and general negativity about really stupid shit. Does this place really need to be at each other's throats 24/7?

touch.pixiv.net/member.php?id=6630846

Not much stuff on here. They used to have a deviantart and tumblr, but I can't find it anymore.

DOUBLE EGGMAN

>Democratic People's Republic of Korea
Wait, is that North Korea or South Korea?

Doubt there'll be any.

The small amount of Eastern fans that drew Archie stuff seemed interested in just a tiny handful of characters due to the differing taste. Primarily Scourge would be the most 'popular', then Mile (aka Anti-Tails) and then maybe Shard. Anyone else? Good goddamn luck buddy.

With the reboot both avoiding the 'evil twins' idea because of the threat of lawsuit and it going out of its way to not make characters the same species as the game characters, none of them have caught their interest, not even close matches like Gold or Sonar.

Chris-chan : the episode.