Volvo

I bought a 1989 240 DL for $800. Its got 138k on the odometer. I have desposible income and Im looking for ideas.

So far Ive found a nice set of 15s with NOS Nord winter tires. I also bought '64 p1800 beauty caps.

I dont think I want to lower it, maybe the opposite. I dunno, never had a 240 before Im open to Ideas.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/RSpi007
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

It's already sitting like a monster truck, why would you want to go higher?
It's not gonna look good sitting higher.
you should either turbo it or swap it, I'm doing a turbo V8 swap on my 240 right now.

Also what wheels are you looking at?
they are 5x108 which is pretty uncommon, I converted my shit to 114.3 so I can run pretty much any wheel I want now.

Its got 14s on it thats why theres such a gap. I live in the country too, this isnt something I want to slam and take to H2O

?
My car's on 16s and there's still a gap, generally the outer diameter stays the same but the wheel gets bigger and the tire gets lower profile as you go up in wheel size.
Stock these cars sit as high as a pickup truck, idk why you would try and go higher.

I live on rough back roads that aren't paved

Do you know where I can find a 240 turbo engine and trans? Google gives me shit.

It's literally sitting a foot off the ground stock, they were designed and made in sweden where most roads are dirt and it snows all the fucking time.
I drove mine off road and had no issues, they literally sit as high as a pick up truck dude.

check your local junk yards, try pic a parts furst and if they don't have any look around on car-part,com

Ive buated 3 oil pans in my life, all on the same road. Im a bit paranoid

i lowered one once.
with springs all but non-existent and bump stops removed, it sat about as high as a normal car.

Why are they so God damn sexy and why do they cost 3k in Toronto...

youtube.com/user/RSpi007

this dude knows his shit, and replys to comments.

850 Turbo's for life

Don't lower it.

Get a narrow 15 size rim and some big rubber instead.
It will improve the ride and you won't look like a faggot.
Something like 170 wide and 85 sidewall will be a good choice

At this point it's better to go find a low miles NA engine and do a very simple turbo conversion. most actual 240 turbo engines are beat to shit with 300K miles, have terrible early mechanical fuel injection, or too expense.

In the PNW a typical NA 240 engine is still $200 bucks

Expand your search for lower miles Turbo 740, 760, 940 engines, its all the same redblock.

>170/85
Absolutely disgusting what the fuck is wrong with you?
Get 16 inch wheels if anything, 15 is too small, pic related 16s off a crown vic

Good score bro.

I've been DDing my $500 245 for almost 5 years now, it's treated my very well.

Here it is with my recently acquired '91 240 Turbo Sedan.

I also have a '92 245 awaiting a full refresh at my parents.

"that old Volvo? we got rid of it. too many old cars lying around.

Why, you didn't want it did you user? I think you should think about leasing a more reliable, newer car..."

Yes. Just snagged this 80k mile '94 B230FT (turbo) and AW71 from a 940 during a 40% off sale at the yard this past Saturday. Might put it in the 245, or hold on to it for something else.

>I have desposible income and Im looking for ideas.

Clean and/or replace flame trap

Find a plastic or a nice new aluminum belly pan to protect underside of engine

Replace rear trailing arm bushing, yours is shot

Replace rear lights with hard-wired LEDs

find an old motorized antenna mast from a 90s S60

IPD front and rear anti-sway bars

once you have done this THEN you can start

I don't mind most of your posts and you have some pretty cool cars, but I don't understand why you have to purposely misspell words.

Fuck yeah bro.

My 850R somewhere in wyoming

Odometer broke 5-7 years ago at 236K

Still going and going, just got new Bilsteins thrown on today.

Woo woo nigga

FWD Volvos