Trabant Thread

Can we add it to the Veeky Forums-MemeCar list? Just look at it's cute lil' face.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mIAYxWCXF8A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think theres only 2 or 3 of us user

those that realize the greatness of the Trabant

Heh, no matter how few we are, we have to show the people how cool this car can be.

It feels funny, because years ago back when I was a non-carlover normie I would believe all the bad stereotypes about the Trabbi and now I am madly in love with it.

all the bs stories are what got me interested in them in the first place

it quickly became my carfu

I'm Nr.3 who that realize the greatness of the Trabant.

Bump

arent you the guy that was rebuilding one or your family had one in a shed or some shit

youtube.com/watch?v=mIAYxWCXF8A

so fucking chill what a great work enviroment

It's similar to the Twingo syndrome. It's so popular to hate a car just to be like the rest of the normies and then you actually become interested and in love with the car.

I still see one every new and then on the streets and it always brings a smile to my face. I am currently building a budget to buy one.

>tfw you will never a chop top trabant
Ever since I left burgerland for a trip to germany and saw them everywhere I've wanted a trabant of my own. Maybe one day

East German reporting in, then include the best bikes ever, too

Also I'm pretty sure that I saw this magnificent beast (or something similar to it at least) while in Dresden

No4 reporting in.

>TFW you will never own a B- or K-swapped Trabi
Feels bad man. Why own a retard fast capitalist Mini, when you can have a retard fast, bigger, lighter, gloriously communistic Trabi?

>tfw no Schwalbe gf

>B- or K-swapped Trabi
>not rotary swapped
>not wanting a flame-spitting screaming death machine

>tfw you will never spend nights in your kombfy Trabbi with your gf

rotaries even work out since Zwickau made a couple of them

There's something about gommunist-built rotary engines that seems rather unpleasant

but is there any love for the most beautiful Wartburg?

I personally preffer the 353. I would unironically use it as a daily drive car.

there is literally nothing wrong with this idea, especially here in Germany. You can see these things almost on a daily basis and there are more than enough new parts available at moderate prices

inb4 rare and inflated price. You can't even buy the sedans and wagons of the old Wartburgs for reasonable money anymore.

Would it be a good idea to buy a project car that has no papers?

I've seen a bunch of cool cars with low prices on ebay Kleinanzeigen because they are "ohne Papiere".

Are you German?

Sadly not.

Depends. There is a chance that these are stolen, but it is possible to register them and get new papers, but make sure to sign a purchase contract with the dealer or seller to prove that you were not the one who stole it - just in case.

no 5. here

Well, in that case I can't refer you to the registration bureau and can only give you vague information. As far as I know it's possible to get new papers with a bill of sale, a statement under oath from the previous owner that it's been his rightful property before the sale, and a believable backstory ("had it in his barn for years before selling it to me" as opposed to "it appeared out of nowhere"). It would be easier if the seller got new papers (many simply don't know that it's possible) and then sell the car to you than it is for a foreigner to get new car papers in Germany.

I wouldn't want a rotary Trabi, since I'd like to keep the transverse FWD drivetrain.

Rotaries are basically automotive communism though: they both work perfectly well in theory, but in practical terms they leave a lot to be desired.

I drove one. It was, ehmm... interesting.

burp