/mmog/ - MMO General

This general is for discussing new and upcoming MMOs, or MMOs with populations that are too small to sustain their own generals.

MOs with documented MMO aspects are also welcome here, such as games like Diablo, ARK, and Dark and Light.

>Recommendations
pastebin.com/4ykaqgvu

>Game databases
mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm
mmobomb.com/games/

>Popular foreign MMOs & MMOs in development
pastebin.com/iALuQdht

>Popular upcoming MMOs
Bless: bless.aeriagames.com/
Revelation Online: ro.my.com/en
Dark and Light: playdnl.com/
Albion Online: albiononline.com/en/home
ELOA: gamengame.com/games/news_view.asp?news_idx=1275&game_no=122

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com
forum.cherrycredits.com/topic/226003-team-riuga-never-quit-hooya-idn-cleared-8292016-90-cap-idn-hc-cleared-1072016/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

inb4 rev pasta

RevPasta

>What is Revelation Online?
A ded game.

>Current News
None, it's dead.

>Official Links
You can't read russian or chinese so you don't need them

>FAQ - INFORMATIVE! READ BEFORE POSTING!
pastebin.com

>Resources
F
U
C
K

O
F
F

>Can I play now?
Open beta starts first quarter of 2018

>/revog/ Guilds
There is none

>Steam Group
Chink games don't go through steam.

Praise Your Queen

Only niggers like Eve.

But Eve is a boy.

Good morning everyone.

LaTale sucks.

Did some niggers take your waifu?

What don't you like about it mate?

NTR is my fetish.

Well I don't see what that has to do with MMOs but good for you?

Movement sucks, especially vertical movement.
Skills are fucking boring to use. I got to third job and still using 1st job skills.
A lot of recolored enemies.
Having to wait for it to load when switching zones.
The world feels empty. There's only two types of NPCs the utility NPC, like shops ans storage, and the quest NPC, the one that gives the quest. Accepting 50 quests from a single person is convenient but it sure makes the world empty.
Quests are boring. It's all kill x or gather x.
No flavor text at all. Where's the lore? Where's the history? The scenario quests doesn't cover anything.
Gameplay slows down quite a bit without a pet.

There's more I'm missing but those are the ones off the top of my head.
The game sucks.

forum.cherrycredits.com/topic/226003-team-riuga-never-quit-hooya-idn-cleared-8292016-90-cap-idn-hc-cleared-1072016/

Is this autism?

I want to kill who designed this shit

dead genre
dead thread
dead games

wait
the hell is this

>Movement sucks
Not much I can say about that but I find it easy to move around.
>Skills are fucking boring to use
You been spoiled by fancy skills. I think you should play some of the newer classes they have super fancy skills.
>The world feels empty
Well the game is ded mate. Back in 08 it was alive and ton of people. On the convenient note how is that bad? Seems like you're just whining to whine.
>Quests are boring
Well most MMOs have boing questing whining about it will not change much. Just find a different game or deal with it. People seem to forget that all MMOs are have bad quests but playing it with other people is what makes it fun.
>scenario quests
They give you pieces of the puzzle on what happen to what's her name. You're looking for some AAA story telling in a Korean grinding mmo?

Let me guess, you never applied for any serious job?

How do you get over a dead/dying MMO that you left?
I left the game a few months ago and recently I've had pangs of nostalgia, I even dreamt about playing the game again, with all the people that I know are gone by now, the fun that is no longer there.

>Not much I can say about that but I find it easy to move around.
Are fucking kidding me? Jumping fucking launches you in the air. Not to mention that the platforms are all uneven. Go look at MapleStory's hills. The normal basic jump can clear uphills no problem. But LaTale fucking LAUNCHES YOU JUST SO YOU CAN GO OVER A SINGLE FUCKING STEP.

>You been spoiled by fancy skills. I think you should play some of the newer classes they have super fancy skills.
I don't give a damn about fancy animation. I'm talking about how 1st job skills are still your core skills even when advancing. What's the point of job advancement then? Just to justify skills locked behind levels? They already do that.

>Well the game is ded mate. Back in 08 it was alive and ton of people. On the convenient note how is that bad? Seems like you're just whining to whine.
Go read my post again, fucktard. I'm talking about the NPCs. There are none that populates the towns. You have shops and you have quest givers. There's no other NPC that just gives random dialogue or flavor fucking text.

>Well most MMOs have boing questing whining about it will not change much. Just find a different game or deal with it. People seem to forget that all MMOs are have bad quests but playing it with other people is what makes it fun.
Sounds like you're trying to defend a shit game.

>They give you pieces of the puzzle on what happen to what's her name. You're looking for some AAA story telling in a Korean grinding mmo?
What I want is to be part of the story not read about a story. There's a difference, if you don't know then stop playing this shit game and learn about it.

>Go look at MapleStory's hills.
that reminds me, maplestory had pixel perfect platforming

possibly one of the first games to use pixel perfect anything

We'lll I said what I had to say. You can just stop playing or keep whining about it. I'm not trying to keep you playing a game you don't like. Forgot to add I don't play this game much anymore because my friends don't play anymore.

Replace it with another game is really the only solution

Eventually your bittersweet feels for the games gone by will lessen over time

Doing the jump quest with people and raving was probably one of my fondest memories of that game.
They stopped adding jump quests now which sucks.

You're the one that asked why I thought the game sucked. I gave my reasons.

Can I replace it with prostitutes instead?

Ok user. I hope you find a new game to play and enjoy it for years to come.

Unless you want STDs. I would not do it.

Had to make it easy for kids. I still remember how I found out about MS. A real life ad for dudes spalling each other with fish. Have to say it was the 1st mmo I ever played.

I remember doing the subway jump quest to reach the wraith spawns. It was empty since no one wanted to do the jq and the map was small with a crap ton of spawns. I think I got like 5+ red whips in a single day grinding and those were pretty expensive back in the day.

>ywn play RO and WoW for the first time ever again
just end my life now fampai

I recall having a tuna when Aran came out. Man that shit made me OP and some work gloves.

Vindictus' dub is the funniest shit

Also, I wish my character wasn't such a fucking chair.

Also, what the fuck does your character remember each loop, or just the second one?

Archeage servers up in 20 minutes
get hyped

You remember everything.
Everything is pretty much your fault.

>didn't even bother to save Ellis
Man, I'm a dick.

>Archeage servers up in 20 minutes
>get hyped

>not enjoying the login game
It's got better gameplay than Archeage

ikr

I'm pretty sure that this is the final season desu, maybe the characters will actually do something right

>That comfy feel when you start from 0 at Mabinogi

Time to suffer a little...

>comfy
>those god awful camera controls

What are your smoking, retard

>Awful camera controls
>You only need to rightclick to move the camera as every mmorpg

The question is... are you stupid?

GET THE FUCK OFF MY SERVER YOU AMERICAN FUCKS

Is this game too dead to warrant a general?

if your game is here it's too dead to warrant a general

It will go the way of DN getting a new publisher. People will talk about it for awhile but it'll die back down.

WHATS THAT ONE MMO YOU ALWAYS GO BACK TO WHEN YOU GET BURNT OUT ON SEARCHING, /MMOG/??

Sadly WoW. It's just the most polished one despite blizzard being retarded.

>Rift
>Mabinogi
>Runescape

Those are the first I get if feel in the mood fro them. If not then... maybe Lineage 2.

Vindictus

Are you serious?

What's wrong with it?

Yes?

not him, but i feel the same way. it's just a fun game to get back into for shits and giggles. I never play for more than a week or so, though.

Pic related. Been playing it since 2006.

DFO

If i'm really bored and have nothing else to play I usually renew FFXIV for a month

Often there will be a patch i've missed so I get at least a week of casual entertainment

good taste, I think I might get back into it again,

Aion
Vindictus
Elsword

Isn't Aion ultra-dead?

yea.

Damn Veeky Forums is moving fast today.

how do you fags feel about gender/race locked classes in MMOs?

Doesn't bother me.

I don't give a shit.

I dislike it but I can man up play a female. I just hate it when companies start off that all races and genders can use all the classes then they make a class only one race/gender. I'm looking at you TERA.

I don't care... I play the game for hat he offers me, no to dress dolls and make screenshots.

To be fair Tera would have died if it wasn't for elin.

I know but they don't have to do it with gunner and brawler aswell.

>To be fair Tera would have died if it wasn't for *Lolis*

There I fixed it for you.

Gender-locked, I don't care, race-locked is pretty gay tho, because I'm boring and don't like playing anything shorter than manlytears himself.

Because Gunner and Brawler are awesome.

Brawler is like a Tank in steroids and Gunner can dish more damage than any other DPS in dungeons.

Any game that restricts character customization without good reason is shit.

I really don't see what that has to do with race/gender locking. They don't have to make them female only cast and elf for gunner and made brawler female human only. They would have made more money if they made them both genders.

This is obviously Tera discussion as it is the worst offender.
>Brawler wasn't restricted to male and female amani
>Female Amani costumes ended up being just copy pasted elf ones
dropped the game there

>they would have made more money
The resources that would go into new models/animations for male cast/human wouldn't be recovered by potential future players of those class/race combinations because >male

My Amani brother. I was upset too when I don't get to make a manly Amani fighter.
>Elins don't make all that money back and then some

>because >male
You do understand that a near 60% of the korean players use a male character because their character profile shows their real gender, right?
>but why were they put on female classes
because whales play female classes no matter what because female dressup is more attractive and fashionable than male dressup

>COSTUME MAKES AMANI HAVE HUMAN FEET

I'M STILL FUCKING PISSED

Wew fem amani saved. Post some Fem amani with human feet.

YOU ARE HUGE!
THAT MEANS YOU HAVE A HUGE HITBOX!
TANK AND SPANK!

>not being a huge meat wall that protects the weak

>implying that's not what I did

it also took the muscles with it so your taste is shit

>it also took the muscles
Oh I didn't know that!

Good on ya then mate. I can't wait to play RevOnline and make a big vanguard.
>Not liking femani as she is ugly feet and all

I wish TERA have more people playing than dressing.

>ugly feet
Sorry, I haven't aquired taste for elephants yet.

It's ded Jim. Can't go back to the old days. They killed open world pvp. I'm just hoping rev can give me that fix for a little time.

Maybe the day they turn back time and also drop their terrible inbuilt anticheat that does nothing.

But Rev is dead on arrival... you can only have like one week of fun.

Oh I know they ugly. Wonder what they were thinking when they gave them feet like that and not normal ish ones like the males

>Wonder what they were thinking when they gave them feet like that and not normal ish ones like the males
But they're pretty much identical to the male ones?
Just a bit smaller in width and the back one emulates a heel rather than a chickenfoot.

Are there any build guides or whatever? I'm scared of leveling up my skills cause there's no free reset. Jap wiki kinda helps but it's not enough.