LED headlights?

What ever could be in the b/o/x?
I promised in a thread I would do an unboxing.

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/OPT7-55w-HID-Conversion-Kit-9006-All-Color-Xenon-Headlight-Light-Bulbs-/121820455514?var=420814457564&hash=item1c5d10a25a:m:mgOO2SkaJpP9J3dQMalAMPA&vxp=mtr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Wha-bam.
I got the Auxbeam on thanksgiving for a discount. Anyone else purchased LED headlights? I guess I'll find out if they're a gimmick soon enough.

Installation instructions that tell you to do some impossible bullshit to install them instead of just plugging them in
>Apparently these are from Canada, I wonder just how Chinese they are.

Here is the actual Headlights, they look better made than some LED headlights I found at O'Reillys for about the same price for 2. milled from some cheap alloy.

There's 4 LEDs total, one I assume to be the low beam is shielded

There is a small brushless fan on the back side behind a heatsink, I assume because LEDs have a relatively low operating temperature compared to regular incandescent bulbs.

Im interested to see pics of them operating. And your impressions VS stock headlights.

The LED its self doesnt produce much heat.
The resistor will produce a ton of heat however. Thats what the heatsink is for.

are these things even legal to use with reflectors?

They are designed (kinda) to work with reflectors. Obviously not all reflectors are created equally

There is a ballast and connectors for whatever vehicle you are putting them on.
I am noticing a lot of points of failure, We'll see how they perform and how long they last, theoretically they can get 10x the life of a regular halogen bulb but that's assuming nothing fails before the bulbs.

Philips actually makes some so I'd say so. However the low beam LEDs have a shroud to correct the output for reflectors.

For high beams they're OK. I'd say that the length of the bulb dictates output though.

I have a heatpipe type set of H1 bulbs here to install but I've gotta remove the bumper and take the headlights out to install them because modern car (Mazdaspeed6) so I haven't installed them yet.

were you the one I saw in a thread that bought them for like $15 or something stupid cheap

Alright, I'm going to go install them. I think I have a Luxmeter somewhere. Will post pics, It's daytime so I'll be back after dark in approx 3 hrs to post some images of glare and visible light output from the driverseat and etc.

No these were like 43 dollars because I got 20% off for thanksgiving ordering over the interwebs.

I considered the Phillips LEDs but these were about the same price and appeared to be significantly better build quality.

>LED but not HID
get on my level

all jokes aside, brighter headlights are probably the best car mod out there. easy, cheap and makes your car fucking safe at night. the main downside to at least HIDs is that for newer cars you'll likely need error cancelling capacitors or a relay. took me a year, 5 installations and frying one ballast and a bulb to find out. still worth it

what car are you installing it in? are you rolling a truck,SUV or an old car that would blind everyone if it had anything brighter than LED?

if these don't turn out good then i highly recommend OPT7 ebay.com/itm/OPT7-55w-HID-Conversion-Kit-9006-All-Color-Xenon-Headlight-Light-Bulbs-/121820455514?var=420814457564&hash=item1c5d10a25a:m:mgOO2SkaJpP9J3dQMalAMPA&vxp=mtr
great customer service. they didn't hesitate to send me the bulb and ballast under warranty and it looks sick. i'll be buying these for all my cars from now on

Fan != gud. Moving parts fail easier, especially Chink fans.

Can I ask why you went with these over the heatpipe models with the besides copper belts?

But does the heat pipe thing actually provide adequate cooling? I can replace a chinese brushless fan for like 25 cents.

I like LED because they're not immediately jumped on by highway patrol if you have reflector housings, I have an 04 F150 that I'm putting these on and it's an almost identical reflector to the 06 Mercury Montego I've got that has HIDs so the glare shouldn't be too bad.
>talk shit on my Montego, It's comfy and I can beat a similar year mustang in a 0-90 pull without being terrified of flying off the shitty roads in my state because pig disgusting traction control

Also
>Stock HIDs in reflector housing because it was new technology when it came out
HiPos pull me over and I have the HID headlight portion of the owners manual bookmarked
>eat me

You should do a retrofit, halogen housings aren't designed for hid blubs or LEDs

i didn't know that mercury is still alive. glad to see they're making nice cars again.

yeah, i wouldn't recommend fitting HID on a large vehicle because of angry cops. i'm safe in my country if i keep my lights looking kinda natural.

retrofits can get stupidly expensive on some cars though
I can't even find any for my Volvo

Kill yourselves. Any aftermarket headlights are shit. They blind everyone else on the road and let everyone else know you're a nigger/ricer/douchebag

not if you properly retrofit with projectors or just use better halogens

it depends on how you set them up. there's too many retards that don't adjust their lights after changing to aftermarket.

personally; i couldn't drive safely in the dark while only seeing 5 meters in front of me. since i live in the north there's only a few hours of sunlight each day and shitty roads leave unexpected hazards like harsh bumps. not to mention that blue headlights reveal black ice better than normal lights do

thank you for not aiming your lights level into my eyes at night. may you enjoy your aftermarket lights to the fullest

even stock cars do this nowadays, it's fucking awful
I can't enjoy a comfy nighttime cruise anymore because some dickwad in an SUV is always sitting 5 car lengths behind me with its shitty headlights blaring in my mirror

At least it has a shielded "filament". I bought an LED swap for one of my bikes that I can't even use on road because it doesn't have a shield and casts blindingly bright light everywhere even on low beam.

No.

This.

I manage just fine on the interstate with my 01 stock halogens. Fog, heavy rain etc. Half my driving is in the dark. Charger with hids? Nigger confirmed.

Fuck your gay blue headlights. I hope you get a ticket for it.

>tfw tinted windows helps alot

tinted windows don't do dick against oncoming traffic though
fuck my sensitive bitch blue eyes

I can tell by the glare in your headlights it doesn't have a cutoff low beam so you're one of the retards who blind everyone else.

niggers don't exist in iceland. neither do good roads

they look super blue on pictures but irl it's just almost white. don't worry about me getting tickets though. this is the number one mountain truck mod after and they pretty much make the laws

well, you're not wrong on that one. i was testing the new setup. turns out Dodges flicker like mad if you don't use capacitors

nigger

If you live in iceland keep your headlights stock and wire up some aux lights on the roof or bumper. Then just use them when there aren't any people around. Oh but it's cheaper to use some shitty bulbs.

Stop being a cocksicle. Let the guy upgrade his fucking headlights without having to deal with this faggotry.

Those are 10/10 OP. Got a pair in my low beam projectors with proper beam cutoff. Will be getting a pair for the high beam reflectors soon.

If we ridicule enough of them the trend will die.

yeah, i miss having powerful fog lights like my Galant had before i totaled it. been wondering how to wire the charger's lights back up(blame the previous owner), putting powerful bulbs in it and spraying the top like on those angry dodge neons. i'm just too busy grinding on my older car and fixing stuff to get any minor tasks done

i'm not keeping my headlights stock though because 70% of the bulb doesn't even exit the headlight

it's not even a trend here. every other car has them because it's useful as hell

Most of the time I don't even need to use the high beams.

then your beam isn't dipped like it should be so it goes into the eyeballs of all other traffic. Fuck off with that shit.

fag, i keep my highbeams on for cunts like you

I'm strongly considering buying a fuckheug lightbar for fags like him.

It is dipped though. Light pattern is the same as if they were halogen.

No they're not. I can see the light shining well above the level of your headlight. It should look like this:

I could adjust them but these headlights came aimed for RHD roads. Lower on the left. It was my first concern when I got them from a friend as a gift.

I'd have to be driving a go kart on the street with my car in oncoming traffic to be blinded. Checked it myself. Lel

Well shit guys.
Heres the stock vs LED.

Heres the beam after it was finished. Looks great on camera...
>on camera
It casts brilliant white light everywhere i dont want it to. The stock reflector housings are completely terrible for this application. The low beams are completely useless. Dont project light where i need it. Its all above and below the road.

The high beams are absolutely fantastic. Bright white light projected far and evenly (and oncoming traffic blindingly)
Will more than likely be returning them and buying some phillips xtreme powers or something

Yeah they're pretty crazy without projectors. You could get aftermarket housings but they look pretty ricey. Another option is to retrofit but that can be more work than its worth.

I wouldn't have installed mine if I still had the stock housings.

Flip the switch on the back of your mirror at night (if it's the inside one you are talking about).

Yeah unfortunately none of the aftermarket projector housings for the f150 dont look like absolute shit, as well as the fact that they may not even fit the LEDs. Theres too much risk spending 300 for a quality housing and a retrofit i could do but my truck would be out of commission for too long, and i dont want to get done and find out ive put it at a slightly wrong angle and irreprably fucked my expensive ass housings.
I guess i'll just go with my original albeit more expensive plan of a bull bar and mount a lightbar for dem darkass country roads.
>fucking lowbeams only work out to like 20 feet
JUST

Yeah retrofits are pricey as fuck. It was cheaper to buy my Denjis at $200 than to spend more finding projectors from another car and doing some bad DIY to make it look good and work right. Good thing about the Denjis is that they're period correct originally made in the nineties.

Hey Auxbeam guy from previous thread I made with the Camry right?

I posted my LED thread too last night!

Yeah thats me.
If you have reflector housings and are a cheap fudd like me dont bother. Just getting them ready for the post office.

That pic is with them installed and I have the projector housing, they're awesome so far, gonna get a good night drive tonight with hopefully not as much rain

that doesn't help with the side mirrors or oncoming traffic

Fuck LED headlights. I'll try again in 20 years once theyve worked out the kinks.
Yet another escapade involving chinese trickery comes to an end.