I need to buy a truck or SUV

>Reliable
>4x4
>Tows at least 5k
>Less than $8000
>10 years old or newer

What's the best choice?

Tacoma

Is one actually in my budget? Around me they go for so much if they aren't rotted out

If your going to be regularly towing 5k get a 1/2 ton, skip the babby trucks

Fair enough. Even the v6 models of baby trucks won't be up to that?

>buying a new round edge cuck truck
>only 8000 to spend

new trucks literally look like shit

just look for a v8 90's ferd or chebby owned by some old cuck.

The age isn't because I like the styling, it's because I can't get financed if the truck is too old

good luck finding something with less than 300k miles.

With your criteria you should get a diesel or a very high mileage toyota. I suggest a diesel cause its pretty stupid to buy something thats gone very high mileage in less than a decade with a gas engine.

What part of my criteria means I have to get something with that many miles? that's ridiculous

> 10k
> 10 years old max

>diesel truck on a $8000 budget
>Toyota truck on a $8000 budget

If your're looking for a Toyota in that price range it's going to have a fuckload of miles.

$8k should get you a 2012+ GM truck in decent shape.

theres a stupid amount of trucks or suvs that fall under this categories even at asking price. Try a quick browse of craigslist sometime

>getting a loan on a vehicle
>living outside your means

Tip top cuck mate

I would be totally find with a gm truck. If I needed toyota or diesel I would have written so lmfao

What do you tow? How often? What do you drive now?

It's either that or quit my job because I can't get there. I think transportation kinda falls within necessary commodities

Are you really trying to finance 8k? How much cash do you have that you can actually spend on a car? Do you even know your credit score?

Loaded flatbed
Few times a month
Scion xB that got ruined

Fuck V6s for towing. Absolutely avoid Ford 4.2s. While I liked the truck, bitch hydrolocked (common) at only 220K miles. 4.6/5.4 routinely got 350K+.

I agree with GM user above. Later Fords are not particularly good engines, esp those with cam phasers.

I have enough cash for a downpayment/tax/registration and so on. I'm 18 so I have no credit score, thats why the credit union is so strict. However I need something to get me to work and tow (part of my job)

How much down? Does this job require you to tow? If so, why aren't they supplying a truck?

are you able to finance something off of craigslist?

or does it have to be through a stealership?

hmm people could actually help you if you post your city so we can look up CL for u buddy instead of all this useless chatter.

They require a $1000 downpayment. It's more of an agreement for some money/favors. It's a long story but just take me at my word that it's important I can tow

No it has to be through a dealer, but there's a truck/suv dealer nearby that actually seems pretty okay

yeah craigslist won't fly. I have plenty to choose from with this dealer though so I'm just looking for suggestions as to the type to get

Then link us what you can actually look at.

yeah man good luck, going to have to shop around and just see whats available at the used car lots.

I understand, the tread is about suggesting specific models that people like because I virtually have my pick of anything that falls within the criteria outlined

Get a better job. Or just live at home and go to community college and flip burgers temporarily. You can't afford to finance anything. Buy a shitbox for 2k. Get a credit card and use it and pay it off every month. Do this for a couple years and you have credit and can actually get something good.

>4x4
>Less than $8000
>10 years old or newer

Then you may as well buy a wreck or something with a blown engine, or settle for an ex fleet beat to shit high mileage special

personally i would go with anything american

will be cheaper and better for your criteria

>v6
step it up bitchtits

Leave lol

Nissan Xterra, Frontier, or Pathfinder. All are on the same chassis

Anything american?
Cool, I am fine with nissan if I can get a good deal

What's your zip code?

yeah man get a chevy or a ford, dodge i guess too.

just get an f150 or 1500k chevy.

no craigslist, sorry bud
Sounds good. They've got plenty to choose from of american 1/2 tons

What's your fucking zip code? I'm not going to look on Craigslist.

get a Ranger my nigga like what

Towing 5k with a ranger is an awful experience.

How much apr is that dealer going to rape you with?

>Ranger

>getting a 2007+ 4x4 taco for less than 8k

nigga you crazy Nobody will take less than 12 for that.

Op try to find a v8 4x4 chevy/ford full size half ton or above

look for a 4x4 chevy s10 with the 6 cylinder, can pull up to 10k with one of those, i see them all the time with 150k or less on the motor, newest model is an '04, but you should be alright with that as long as the trucks in good shape

If your work is within 10 miles, get a bicycle and deal with it. I did the retard thing and financed a vehicle like you, now I can't save worth shit. Either save up and pay, or wait YEARS to have that extra jewbucks per month. It's suffering.

Quit everything, enlist, leave for a better world with disposable income. Workers buying POVs to tow for the boss is a sucker play.

Suburban 2500.

>10k behind an S10 w/ 3/4 of a tree fiddy.

I've pulled 3500 behind a 4.3 S10 Blazer. Would not recommend that. 10k is industrial strength stupid.

Try an FJ Cruiser, dunno how well it can tow though.

>FJ
>Less than $8k

Bruh, these went way up in value when it was announced we weren't getting any more here in the US. I've seen ones with 150k miles going for $18k.