Any Ford fans here tonight?

Any Ford fans here tonight?

allow me to ruffle you feathers. as I sbc swap a ford ranger.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/53WwnvQnpXs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I sbc swap a ford ranger.

So? It's a decent, cheap motor. It gets swapped into a lot of things.

ford nuts usually go crazy. instant bashing usually ensues.

I personally don't give a fuck, cheap, reliable, cheap to upgrade.

and compatible nv3500 5 speeds are as easy to find and as cheap as white rice around here.

at most this little clunker 305 is gonna put out 300hp at the crank with the cam and intake I'm using, but in this light turd burglar ranger it should be fun with a 5 speed.

That's a cool looking truck. Looks nice and warm wherever you are.

> Ford Ranger
Meh. I'm only a 'fan' of Ford because they make the best non-luxury cars around, due to designing them for my segment of the market. Why else would their cars still be like new at 40k miles and 3 years old?

I support your endeavor. I pulled a sbc to swap in a sbc.

Why SBC?
You can pick up a 5.3 fur 300 bucks and make almost twice the power

Fuck off ban evading furfag.

u mad

Actually quite happy you will never breed.

u mad.

Because people give away mint 305's because no one wants them, and perfectly fine 350's and th350's because all over the place.

fords are meant to have chevy engines

Well it's a Ford, so it's either gonna be a Chevy towin' it or making it move under it's own power.

Hey

Are you using a strap and a tree as an engine crane?

>v8 swap
>ranger
y tho? just buy a full size truck, and reap all the benefits, not just the shitty gas mileage

ALL PRAISE THE FLYING MOTOR

Funny because I literally got this motor for free lol.

A strap in the tree and a come along yes.

Because I have a full size truck with a 5.3l already.

You ever drive a small truck with a v8? Glorious murican pleasure.

Florida. So it's almost December and my a.c. is running.

>allow me to ruffle you feathers

The only thing that ruffles me is that your using a shit tier 305.

It was free. The exterior of the engine is exactly the same as a 350, making a later swap to 350 a direct bolt in replacement once this 305 blows.

The only shit tier thing about a 305 is the awful bore to stroke ratio, it's great for low end torque, terrible for rpms.

The only thing concerning me is if you're using a tree as an engine hoist. If so that seems like a much better idea than I ever imagined.

But would a 4BT fit?

It works. Don't hate.

Of course. But a 4bt in my area cost roughly $2500 before you find another $1500 transmission.

It works don't hate

>You ever drive a small truck with a v8?
no, ive always owned a full size, i never really saw the point in the small trucks.

>Glorious murican pleasure
you should try an F350 with a 460(carbed not fuellie)

no h8 here btw

>ALL PRAISE THE FLYING MOTOR
this

and chevy trucks are meant to have cummins engines

Just stopping in to reassure you that that is fucking hilarious and awesome.

Good day sir.

I have driven a f350 with a carbed 460, didn't like it.

I had a 1992 d350, extended cab dually dodge with a cummins all hopped up. now that, was 'murican.

This
Had a Land cruiser with a 350
Its literally the best option for a cheap durable truck motor

Haha good shit man saved you a crane purchase

The Jump from the last SBC to the first LS is like 255 to 270hp and the LS sacrifices low end power to achieve the higher peak power. And good luck actually finding a running LS that's already pulled for $300 locally.

never seen the inside of an engine before these things are nutty af

fordfags on suicide watch

3 things.

>Camaro had better tires
>Camaro is newer
>Radical

cheeby fags b.t.f.o. AGAIN

>excuses

btfo

>slower than the rxc turbo
and soon the ford gt

your time is up gm fags.

might as well kill yourself now

youtu.be/53WwnvQnpXs

>gm fangirls won't defend this
lmao, they're scared

>losing
btfo

I prefer the GT350-R and these lap-time shenanigans is ridiculous as, chances are, you're never gonna race it. Sports cars are about how you feel, not 3 seconds that don't matter.

lel fordfags projecting all that assmad

lelicious

it's over. ford won. goodnight prezo.

might as well kill yourself now

youtu.be/53WwnvQnpXs

>"t-the ford gt w-will save m-me!!1"

Lol!

hue literally cannot kek this stuff up

Southern Trees bear strange fruit.

A chainfall hoist is ~$70 at Hazard Fraught, it's much easier to use than a comealong and a strap.

Have fun and enjoy your swap.

you can find the truck style 5.3's for roughly $1,000 with wiring harness in my area. Not $300.

Everybody can say "why not use this" or "why not use that".

Send me a check and a list of what you want in my truck and I'll put it in there. Gladly, I'll even put a sticker with your name on it.

Carry on the un-educated "Hur-Dur dis is betar. Hur dur my dad bet up yer dad."

If you ever get serious about it, you can order a crate 350 off summit for $1500, complete from oil pan to valve covers. Beats a used one unless you're aiming to build some serious power.

Only way I can make a ford reliable. swap in a chevy motor.

before flaming, I can get in my turd of a chevy and drive cross country without incident. If I get in a dodge or a ford, chances are I won't make it 5 miles away from my house.

At the same time, My middle brother drives dodges religously, with no issues.

My oldest brother drove this POS Ranger I paid $400 for 4 years ago, and other than replacing the alternator, had no issues.

If I had driven either for more than 5 minutes I'd be on the side of the road. So basically, stick to what works for you.

It's Veeky Forums, everyone always assumes you need the maximum power and if you do anything besides "what's best" or "what's cheapest" you're an idiot.

You're actually swapping motors, more than most of the bus riders here can even do, more power to ya man. I got asked why I never went with a custom 350, or ls, or big block, or a higher power crate motor. For me it was the best for budget and it made sense, I ended up doing a motor, trans, full exhaust with headers, intake and carb, alternator, distributor (admittedly a low mile used Mallory dizzy just replaced cap&rotor), water pump, locking header bolts and collector bolts, list goes on. Things reliable as fuck, plenty of power to throw it sideways and destroy tires and trouble free for 17k miles.

If I could afford it, I'd send you a VR32DETT.
Or a Duramax with an Allison tranny.
Probably the GT-R option though. Not enough Ranger GT-Rs out there.

The only way to make a shit ford reliable while keeping it all American

?