What It's Like To Own An Old Cop Car

youtube.com/watch?v=7ghBHAW7f6o

Well, Veeky Forums?

Why haven't you bought an old cop car yet?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kvzGJs6WNfo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>v8
>passes up everything but gas stations.
Gas, i don't feel like stopping often to fuel.

but i did

how often is "often" to you? I gas up every 2 weeks. I can even go at least a week more if I really want to stretch it

>Why haven't you bought an old cop car yet?
I'm not autistic or a whacker

It's not that bad.

Ive owned two.
A 94 caprice and a 2011crown vic
The caprice was the funner car but holy fuck the cop wiring is fucking nuts and almost EVERYTHING has a ground cable bolted to it. Has over 210k miles but its an interesting project car.

Crown Vic is my new daily driver. 85k miles and its in great shape. Sturdy and dependable. Not as fun to horse around in but is a nice way to get around and people think twice before acting stupid around you.

Overall if you check the condition and know how to properly maintain a car, fleet cop cars are a good choice of vehicle. Solid cars, cheap price, many replacement parts available.

Try to stay away from patrol cars if possible. Those are rode more rough.

Its not that its a patrol car, its where it was patrolling. 150k miles in the city is a lot different ware than 150k on a highway.

You're not a whacker unless you put lights in it, as for the autism, maybe.

How offend do you drive? Do you drive 10KM a week?

Because I own a Grand Marquis which is a Crown Vic without the stigma of being a Crown Vic.

This is misleading. Not all of them have the 3.55 LSD rear end.
>tfw 3.27 with open diff
>tfw one tire fire
>tfw no donuts on dry pavement

>tfw 2.73 open diff
>one wheel peels but no donuts and no hektik skidz

Auto only. When I can afford to buy one and a tremec tr6060 to go in it I will.

cop cars in my country are all VW's and i shit on german cars

Live in winter wonder land with open diff
>donuts for days.

Im not cringe/autist enough to own one

>its cringe/autistic to own a plain reliable 4 door sedan.

fine

Im not cringe/autistic/geriatric/lame enough to own one

Because I can get a way nicer LTC that hasn't been thrashed/idled to death and just put P71 (or better) suspension components on it.

AND turbo the modular.

That's the dream, but for anyone on a budget a p71 is good choice, eventually I plan to move on to a grand marquis, maybe a marauder, God bless panthers

For the love of God add propane!!!!

Because they're crap.

I drive about 41 miles a week, so about 65km a week.

Though my car is also not a police car. It's a normal Grand Marquis

NY Marquisbros unite.

>tfw you go out for a drive and turn around and discover a new pothole/trench left by one of the gas pipeline trucks
>tfw can no longer smile about your car's nearly flawless body

MISTAKES HAVE BEEN MADE

I drove my buddy's 2002 Crown Vic and I honestly have nothing bad to say about it. It's simply "a car that works". You can rebuild the fucking thing with parts from Autozone alone. You really can't go wrong with a Crown Vic. Decent pick up too if you need to pass on the highway

I saw this on youtube and it pretty accurately described the Panther platform, the Gm itself, and why people like it.

youtube.com/watch?v=kvzGJs6WNfo

>Look at me I'm a fake cop. Woo wee woo wee pull over immediately you villain license and illustration everyone woo wee woo wee
LOL

i average 50 miles a day, so that car is not practical.

>buying a car that has been idling the second it left the factory

i did and the cooling system kept shitting itself.

>t. buttmad bus rider

LMAOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hahahahaahahahaha
>toppest kek

>license and illustration
>illustration

It's a pain in the ass. People see a large cheap sedan and think "cop!" then proceed to drive even more retardly than usual. Forget trying to get anywhere quickly.