Hello Veeky Forums

Hello Veeky Forums

I am thinking of getting KE70 as my first car and I wanted to work on it as well... So it'll be a project-ish DD

However, I dont have that much of a mechanical skill besides working on my shitbike by doing things such as a light maintenance so I'll use this to learn too basically

What do you guys think?
Should I keep the 3K motor? Or 4age swap it?
T50 gearbox? LSD? Can I just build it after AE86?
Would making it a hi-revving motor worth it?
Would working on the underbody by replacing it with a newish part hard to do?
Anything important I should consider about the car? Or maybe what should I do importantly when getting an old shitbox?

Thanks beforhand, please give me advice

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/H6cTPjKsuFg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

A 4age screamer is the king kong of little 4-bangers, go for it homie
youtu.be/H6cTPjKsuFg

Holyshit that sound, glorious

Sounds great but no power potential.

is that why the description of the video says he set a course record and won?

4AGE is shit for power

hard to imagine theres more to cars than the powerplant right

try answering my question next time

try not being retarded and learn how to read next time

>give opinions
>start namecalling when you are wrong

>thinking theres more to cars than the powerplant is an opinion

so Im legit dealing with a tard aight

>keep saying 4age is shit for power
>pretend to be retarded online

v6 or l6 swap that sucker

it is tho

when fully built racing engines only make like 250hp thats not that good

You don't need to make a lot of power out of a 4A-GE to have fun in a lightweight car.

The internet was a mistake.

>expecting benchracers to actually have any experience with cars IRL

If you are limited in knowledge I would keep the 3K in it for a while while you source parts to do a 4age conversion. a pushrod 4cyl with distributor ignition is stupid simple and literally anybody can learn off it. I learned working on cars with a box stock '56 bug. In the mean time I personally would work on building a dual carb'd 4age, sourcing a t50 and a rear axle with LSD and a rear gear that will do what you want. hope you got some other means to get around though, because some times simple projects end up taking days to finish due to stupid shit like broken bolts and all sorts of unforseen circumstances

your lack of education was a mistake

What engine then?

If I recall E70 weighs around 850-ish kg? Wishing that I could make a 160 HP 4AGE though, and honestly I'm not into a crazy power figures. Also, after 4AGE because the parts were easy here. Would it be possible to swap a 20V blacktop head into other 4AGE though?

Was planning this too, probably will mess with the 3k and drive it hard until it blows or something. Was a carb'd 4AGE good? Will combining it with quad carb of Keihin CRs sounds like a good idea? I live in non-four season so I wont be needing to tune the carb that often I suppose?

i personally would do dual side draft 2bbl webers/dellortos just because i have webers/dellortos on my bugs and am familiar with them/have parts, but bike carbs are probably a lot cheaper. i dont think there would be much difference in power. the only reason i would leave it carb'd is converting a carb'd car to efi adds some extra work, and a carb'd 4age is pretty stupid simple as well. but theres nothing wrong with stock EFI for reliability. ive put over 100k miles on my efi toyota and it's never not started right up which is fucking nice on a DD.

Oh, so keeping the car using a carb is easier then. So, it will be 'converting the 4AGE into carb'd'? I kinda get the idea of the intake thingy, but will something like fuel pressure regulator, distributor, and the ignition hard to do?

>Wishing that I could make a 160 HP 4AGE

whp or bhp

if whp then expect to spend a hilarious amount of money (10k+) as has been said the 4AGE is shit for power

even for 160 bhp youre going to need to throw a lot at it

cams
intake/carb
ecu
header
exhaust

plus all kinds of other small things

>Would it be possible to swap a 20V blacktop head into other 4AGE though?

its easier and cheaper to start with a 20V engine

True, squeezing power out of a 4A-GE is expensive, better alternatives exist.

160hp is achievable with more recent 4-cylinder engines.

>10k
yeah it costs 10k to slap a turbo onto a silvertop and make dozens over 160hp

>turbo

yawn

straight into the trash it goes

There is a risk to shorten the lifespan of an engine if you slap a turbo on it and do nothing to strenghten the internals.

That's why a decent reliable turbo conversion can become expensive. You should also take into account the transmission, clutch, clutch plates and brakes...