Driver

i have drivers license test tomorrow
any advice ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WaAu4L2cl4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yeah, tell the examiner "Sit down, shut up, and hold on"

Then laugh and tell him, "Just kidding. Buckle up." It will lighten the mood.

Relax, do what you normally do. Keep your eyes open and your head on a swivel.

Eat well, don't eat too much. Helps you stay calm.

If you think you've blown it, just keep on driving normally instead of giving up. I ran a yellow light and thought it's already over, but in the end, I still passed.

Behind wheel test or written test?

in what country?

In an IRC i go to, some 18 year old brat just got his license two weeks ago. Two nights ago, he hit a parked car and totaled both cars

pedestrians are an extra 20 points.

Be sure to put your cell in airplane mode. If you touch it during the test it's an instant fail.

Make the passenger as comfortable as possible, ask if the AC is too high or too low, or if the heat is too high or too low. Ask if they want the radio on or off, if they have a station they like.

Make sure to tell them to buckle up.

Then drive normally and pretend they aren't there but you can't do anything illegal.

Don't hit the brakes the moment you get to 1mph/kmh over your speed limit, just let go the gas and let the car slow on its own.

Don't give any drivers the right of way during your test if you have the right of way. It can lead to complications. So just don't do it.

Good luck

>he hit a parked car
>totaled both cars
was he going like 75?

Go for a shit beforehand and don't eat dairy products between now and when you take your test or you're going to fart like crazy and the instructor is going to be visibly disgusted

tell him you are dagumi reincarnated & proceed to pull hektik skids in the parking lot.

when on the road, apex literally every fucking turn + brake as late as possible.

he'll be so impressed that a youngster like you has incredible car control & will pass you with flying colors.

>looking at something outside the vehicle
like what? the road? DAMN THATS BAD
americans are so fucking stupid honestly someone nuke them

I'm guessing it's craning your head around to check out the hotties on the sidewalk.

>looking at the road is statistically proven to make you crash in america

cannot even make this shit up

When you get to the portion where you park on the hill, remember that turn your wheels, and pull the parking brake. When you pull out, blinkers, and look behind you as well.

Same when you reverse. I've had friends just look in the rear view mirror and not turn around. Turn around and look.

Dont fail

Make sure your parking brake is working normally before though. A lot of people never use them, they get rusted / gummed up, and then lock when they finally do.

Only take hands off the wheel to shift gears
Drive Smoothly
Pay attention to pedestrian crossings
Just try to remember everything your teacher showed you

Dont go a god damned mile over the speed limit in any circumstance. it is the easiest and dumbest way to get points off and they add up fast. 31 mph? points. Seriously dont fuck that up go 28 mph.

COMPLETE FUCKING STOP, wheels have to completely stop moving for a second or two no matter how clear or open the intersection is.

If youre in the the US, the parallel parking portion is usually tested with a DMV van parked on the street with no cars anywhere near it. All you have to do is demonstrate basic knowledge of parallel parking, you dont have to do it on the street between two random parked cars (Usually). They dont want you to damage private property during their test. So dont get psyched out about it.

Signal early and properly, they will check to see if youre looking at your side views, rear-view, and blind spots at all time.

Shits easy, you drive around the block for 10 minutes and demonstrate basic driving knowledge.

i have no idea

yeah, I'm sure that will go by without issue

10 minutes? in europe its like 40 or some shit

In the US stop on the stop line, not the crosswalk. Stopping over the crosswalk is points off, and shows you're a dick in general. Same goes for pulling out across sidewalks. Stop before the sidewalk and check nobody is coming (they have right of way), then cross and stop before entering the street.

>tfw 2 examiners in the car
>one of them was a obese whale
>had to start in a really fucking steep hill in a manual
>in a 1.0l
I didnt give it enough gas cause I wasn't used to such weight, engine almost turned off. I would've failed right there if it had. I made it in the first try though

do everything the instructor tells you and DO NOT question him/her. Always signal at least 100 feet before every turn, even when parking.

youtube.com/watch?v=WaAu4L2cl4c

When you have to look at your mirrors, turn your head, otherwise, they may think you're not looking/using your mirrors.

say to the examiner: "I give you a 40 minute window, those 40 minutes I'm yours, whatever goes down, I'm yours, I don't park, I don't know anything, I don't carry ID, I drive..."

Read this in an aussie accent and it was great mate.

>any advice ?
Stay calm. No need to whip yourself into a nervous frenzy.

Do not go over the speed limit. The speed limit is not the target speed to drive. It is the max ceiling speed. You can drive anywhere between the speed limit and 5MPH lower. In my state, each time you exceed the limit in a new city block, that is more points off because my state treats the speed limit as the max speed you can legally go and not as the recommended target speed.

NO cellphone use in the car. If you touch it to turn off the ringing, that is using it. In my state, you use the cell, you are failed there until the next month. Just feel lucky you are not cited for breaking the law since the examiner is not a police officer and won't write a cellphone citation.

The driver is legally responsible for the car and passengers. If the examiner is being tricky, he gets in and doesn't buckle. If you drive off without making sure your passengers are buckled, he can ding you for that.

Stop signs mean full stop. Do not do a california stop.

When backing up, use over the shoulder and not just mirrors only.

Make sure the car you are using is one that you are familiar with. Verify all turn signals and brake lights work.

Know your driver license handbook. In my state, yellow means slow down and prepare to stop and not speed up to avoid the red light.

Even before the test, you can check the area out a week before. They probably have you pull out of the DMV parking lot and make a right turn if it is on the corner (since lefts are usually not allowed due to traffic lights having boundary zones). So you will probably go down that road and within the next 1 to 3 right turns, he will prolly have you turn in. He will prolly have you drive in the residential area to see if you speed or pay attention to pedestrians. He'll then have you parallel park in there before coming back out and making a left turn to head back to the DMV.