/domg/ - Dominions General

"There is no way the 21 year old girl I just sacrificed 77 blood slaves to turn into a 473 years old Vampire Lord is this cute even though she is also my little sister and the school student president!" edition

Previous Pantokrator Dominions is a fantasy turn-based war game created by two dudes. One of them is a teacher.

The game combines a simple presentation with an extremely wide array of strategic options, including over 2800 units, 800 spells and 300 magic items. Turns are resolved simultaneously, with players planning battles rather than directly controlling them.

It has simplistic graphics but is easily moddable and extremely deep.

Basically, it's an autist’s wet dream of a war game.

>Steamgroup
Join the steamgroup for multiplayer
steamcommunity.com/groups/vanheimageofvidya

>Group chatroom
steam://friends/joinchat/103582791434709795

>Our work-in-progress wiki
dom4.wikia.com/wiki/Dominions_4_Wiki

>Our pastebin
pastebin.com/uTZnjYwm

>Dom4 Manual
jaffa.illwinter.com/dom4/manual_dom4.pdf

>Dom4 Inspector
This is a community resource that has every unit, spell, and item in the game in an accessible database.
larzm42.github.io/dom4inspector/

>Play by email guide:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=202096551

>Debug Mod:
For testing battle formations and spells
dom4archive.kermodebear.org/www.desura.com/games/dominions-4-thrones-of-ascensions/forum/thread/debug-mod.html

>Where do I get it?
It is available on Gamersgate and Steam. Desura is kill.

>THE BASICS
>Read the manual
>Read the wiki
>Read the pastebin
>Watch some LPs by Maerlande or NuclearMonkee
>Jump into MP feet first

Submit completed games here:
docs.google.com/forms/d/1jHX_ZoJi6zIvDq6ANdp-W1Y89W5_fmShuDyHmAj5qC4/viewform

Results Here:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dlrvyEqLFYIaXRc49TheMmfdoP8jEh1m5rZJHJAzDWQ/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Lucky_Thirteen
llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=PureSkill
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for aboleth traps

Second for your friendly neighbours, the elves

Third for Diplomacy.

Well, if a vampire is 473/1250 years to reach old age, and the standard old age for a human is at 50 and we assume the same equivalent time frame for maturity rather than simply aging more slowly once reaching adulthood, then they're the equivalent of about 19 which, while young, is still physically mature.

Compare this to Pale Ones, which are in the range of 80/400 or the equivalent of 10 year olds if we make the same assumption about analogous development (which doesn't really apply, since we already know that pale ones do have a radically different life cycle).

Food for thought

>when assassins and remote attacks kill everyone but your pretender, and he moonwalks through it all like a boss to destroy an enemy army with the troops he's personally leading

Also Turns Out My Father Was Actually a Super-Combatant General Of The West Working For The Previous Pantokrator Who Sired Numerous Daughters With Her Who Have Now Somehow Fallen In Love With Me And All I've Gotten Out Of This Is The Old Equipment My Father Left Behind In a Shed After He Retired From Combatant Life For a Quiet Life In The Countryside But All I Want Is To Follow In His Farmer Footsteps.

Porking your half-sisters would be kinda incest-y, though. Although that's the kind of mythology Dominions is based on, so I guess it fits.

Nobody even making small talk to keep the thread bumped?

I SURE AM LOOKING FORWARD TO 13 OR PURESKILL STARTING

Chaos: Discuss.

These things take time

Sure.

How would Burden of Time be more advantageous to R'lyeh than to Lemuria?

It's advantageous to both. Illithids live a long time.

But since it's Lemuria casting it, they get all the hate.

And R'lyeh has difficult time casting it themselves even though they're among the winners

Bumping with crossbreeding experiment.

Bumping with Caelum, removing ghosts and skeletons since before EA.

Did everybody decide to bump at the same time?

no. i'm going to bed soon and thought that domg needed my ever relevant domg images

Don't use a /svg/ image you fucker I almost complained about Elena decks in here.

What's an svg?

Everyone (or just one guy?) is making a big deal about the sacreds, but those are already starting to lose steam as research advances.

The real important question is, which nation has the most dangerous mages? Is there anything worth nothing? Shit like one turn recruitment RoS casters?

Shadowverse. It's basically hearthstone with anime tiddies.

And the home of the semen demon in the OP

>EA
>18 provinces
>magic searched all of them with with 3 different 2x
>6 magic sites found

Improve your skill

I'm actually pretty impressed at your gem spending.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=Lucky_Thirteen - only 2 players until game start.

llamaserver.net/gameinfo.cgi?game=PureSkill - only 4 players until game start (though we can start with 2 more, whatever).

Is that nodiplo game mean that ingame messages are also not allowed, or is it only the diplo that involves malakal phoning your place of residence and asking questions about the last time the fire alarms had their batteries replaced?

Why is this general using a Shadowverse image as the OP

Isn't she from Rage of Bahamut?

No diplo means no diplo at all. All you have is your scouting data and preconceptions about nation matchups. It's a pretty different kind of game, and I recommend trying it out at least once.

We just don't know

Same company owns them

Tell me about this game and why I'd play it?

There's a lot of skeletons in it

It's a war game where you can put up a second sun because the damn bats stole the first one. Multiplayer games heavily revolve around diplomacy, but the mechanics are opaque and you can always learn something new in the game. The devs forgot how they coded Fear auras. The best laid plans can be disrupted by the outbreak of a War in Hell that spills over onto the world. Pretty much every nation has some sort of end-game magic that will make the world a terrible place for your particular people to live.

Entire armies can be taken down by traps using the right magic. A geared up giant mage can carve through nigh infinite numbers of mere soldiers, but get lit up or even enslaved by enemy mages. You can't trust elves, bats, birds, furries, or beastfolk, and you need to eliminate all blood nations and undead before they destroy the world.

>Implying Blood Magic will destroy the world
Typical liberal media bullshit, there is literally no evidence that Blood Magic has ever caused any lasting harm to the world.

Interesting, I will look more into this game then

>astralcorruption,gif

It's beneficial for the world, seeing as that insane mages can no longer summon deadly plagues, trick puddles into attacking innocent bystanders or cause Armageddon without repercussions.

Honestly the world is way better off without magic

t. Ulmite

>take a throne
>oh boy I hope its something cool
>its the throne of bureaucracy

Bust have been a boring ass pankoman who made a throne of bureaucracy.

They also can't heal the wounded, cure the diseased, mend the broken and protect the planet from incoming meteors.

But yeah enjoy defending against the war from hell with pitchforks.

Disease healers can cure dudes without casting magic and dudes with sweet blesses and priests can still fuck up demons.

>Disease healers can cure dudes without casting magic

Not insanity or missing arms.

And bless is based on magic.

Lets be real, you arent going to get your arms grown back unless you are part of the gods army anyway so peasants and shit arent missing out on anything. And a bless might be based on magic but that doesnt mean magic needs to be cast. Your god doesnt even need to be around.

>Who has the most dangerous mages?
>Which troops do I need to watch out for?
>Can a Reaver of Corruption reliably defeat a Star Sentinel?
I've done a pretty piss poor job at making those questions easy to answer.

Check the main page in a few for a link to a stripped down DM. You can use that in the inspector to easily see what the remaining nations have. Sometime in the future, I'll also have a link to something that'll let you easily get information on your neighbors and the map.

I can tell you all now my mages have A, W, N, and B. Mostly its B2 W/N1 but my big fellas can have 3 of one thing and 1 of the others or 1 of everything and 2 air.

Also I took Heat 3 instead of Cold 3 like a retard. Frost fiends arent that good anyway right?

>attack xibalba's province
>they moved their troops there at the same time or some shit so the empty province has troops now and I couldn't see it coming
>lose half my troops and a mage
>same turn earthquake kills 7000 people in my cap
> 24 troglodytes somehow kill 25 province defense, they are sieging me now and my walls are damaged
>By the time I recover from all this shit Xibalba will be knocking on my door with 200 men
All I've managed to do this turn is kill some enemy commanders thanks to demonbred wich I actually really like. And kill 48 bats at the cost of 22 units and a mage, wich was half my army
Other than that fuck this nation and fuck this game
My resources and income have been trash from the start despite having prod 3, maybe it's because i only have 4 neighboring provinces connected to my cap, or something. I don't see how my army could be bigger because I've already went close to 0 money multiple times. Classic 'this shit happened to me when I was noob so I won't pick this nation ever again'

Are you recruiting the dudes with the shields or the guys without them? What are your other scales like?

>Vitamins
>Fishy fish
>Mage A B2W1
>Mage B B1N1A1 (Cap StR) (+200% ABNW) (+10% ABNW)

>Zim
>Pygs and Bulls
>Mage C N2
>Mage D N2 (Cap StR) (+200% ANS)

Is there much else you might need? If I skip anything involving troops, I can shit out ten of these without too much trouble.

I also have a guy who is just B2 but fuck him because hes only a little cheaper than the B2 W1/N1 guys.

Troglodytes are top tier tramplers with piles of hp. They will fairly easily kill 25 PD of any nation. Sounds like you didn't expand particularly well if you're having extreme money issues, and fighting bats is about baiting them with shield-men and fire elementals and burning them to shit once their lances are spent. Abysia is probably one of the weaker nations in the game, not for the faint of heart.

They are badass at expansion though.

Abysia 2h file received
Ermor 2h file received
>Nazca Waiting for 2h file
R'lyeh 2h file received
Sceleria 2h file received
Ulm 2h file received

NAZCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Nigger staled last turn too.

>Sounds like you didn't expand particularly well if you're having extreme money issues
I did not and while that is no doubt due to mistakes in my decisions, I cannot recruit past 0 money and resources
Like I could maybe recruit 6 men every turn with what I had, and like I said my cap only had 4 provinces connected
'least i got em fireball spells though :')

I am recruiting both
Don't bully me for my scales remember it's a noob game
They are 3 prod, 1 growth 1 luck.

>no order
Order is your big money maker. You dont really need too many guys as abysia anyway. Your guys will walk through indies. 15ish guys should take out most indy provinces without too much bother.

Does the format work?
Is it easy to understand that +200% means +2 in a path?

They're slow at expansion compared to many nations. You need a big pile of them to conquer provinces, even if you can do so reliably once you have that pile, and they are high in res-cost. They are 'badass' at expansion only if you are terrible at expansion and don't understand arrow baiting etc.

Fireball isn't a great spell. Abysia is actually worse at fireball than nations with Wind Guide or Eagle Eyes, or with fireballs that don't cost huge piles of gold each for extraneous crap you don't care about. Generally fire elementals are a better choice, you can mix them with infantry more easily due to fire resistance, and they offer more bang for your mage buck, at a ruinous cost in gems you should have a lot of.

Prod is less important for abysia than for many other heavy infantry nations because all your shit costs so much you can't afford the extra infantry your res could let you buy. The game I won as MA Aby I took a dormant focused rainbow to make soul contracts, money scales, a bit of prod to help expansion, and misfortune.

It works. I think I see something like "2(ABNW)" more, but it doesn't really matter.

>They're slow at expansion compared to many nations.
Mate I'm abysia in a game now and I've taken 11 provinces with my starting army alone. And they are about to take another this turn.

And they would have taken more but I had to double back for a couple turns.

That's great. You got really, really, really lucky that your starting army didn't get cut off by other nations and that there's still places to expand to by turn 11 (or later?) or you're on a hugemap, or you're playing SP. That's not good advice to give to people that they can rely on super luck or SP-levels of empty space in MP games.

4 Vans with w9 can sail, stealth, and take out just as much or more than Abysians can. Or one turn's worth of vanhere. That's a great expansion. If Abysian expansion runs headfirst into an expander pretender or a nation's army that can kill it (giants for example), or it turns out there were 20 heavy cavalry in that province not the 3-4 you thought, they are totally fucked. If they get cut off, it takes turns of marching slowly to get to another expansion frontier. It takes 4+ turns to build enough troops for even a weak expansion party. They have no flexibility of expansion and not great expansion speed.

I'll need a 24h extension in following games:
VirginDisciples
Latus3 (though I think its admin is dead, so whatever)
CanIntoHost
ChroniclesEA

Illuminati on the upper floor cast Vengeful Water and my flat was attacked by a size 6 water elemental. I might need to buy a new PC now.

Abysia's starting army can kill 20 heavy cav with 3 losses. Let me just see exactly how many heavy cavalry it takes to kill them.

FUCKING YS AND THEIR HORSES REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

thought this was the shadowverse general, real disappointment

30 heavy cavalry with 11 losses

40 heavy cavalry with 15 losses. I should point out neither side has any scripting whatsoever.

50 heavy cavalry is what it takes to kill Abysia's starting army with no scripting.

Meanwhile, TNN's starting army loses to almost everything 90% of times.

I'm not even mentioning Niefel/Jotunheim.

What's a good EA magic enhanced/summod nation to play for my first time with either of the mods?

Magic Enhanced spits on usual national balance and throws it out of the window. Try Abysia, for instance.

If 'many' nations do better than them, comparing them to a nation with moderate expansion would show that better than comparing them to nations which are solidly in the top 5.

Abysia has poor mobility on expansion parties, but they start off with an amazing army and their expansion parties can kill tough indies easily.

>If Abysian expansion runs headfirst into an expander pretender or a nation's army that can kill it (giants for example)
Abysian troops are scary. Pretenders will likely die after quickly falling asleep from heat aura. Giants will fare the same.

>LA Ulm
I want to play this cause WE WUZ VAMPIRES but
>these 'mages'
Like what the fuck how do I do anything magic related with this nation? Do I need a rainbow pretender to find sites?

>vampire
>swimming

U w0t.

You meed B/D pretender for vamp counts, money scales, and that's it. Win early fights with evo 5-7 (cascade spam/iron shit/RoS), then go full blood mode (you'll have to bloodhunt with your pretender early probably) and summon infinite bloodhunters that summon infinite patrollers. Then empower your luminardi into S/B and go for AC end-game.

I was going to make a Vampire Lord edition but all the vampire pictures I found on google were depressing and scary so I thought to look for a cute vampire and here we are.

S1 can spam stellar cascades with Light of the Northern Star, Black Priests can cast Iron Blizzard. Both have few counters, and are devastating when deployed in large numbers. Those two will form the core of your spellcasting for early-midgame, while you work on getting into blood.

Your lategame is all vampires and horrors, so your national mages aren't going to be a big deal.

If you need diversity on top of horrors and vampires for lategame (you probably won't), you can forge crystal matrices to put non-astral mages into communions and have first-tier act as communion slaves to boost their level. That will give you acceptable combat access to every path but water.

The frog demands sacrifices!
Or nature/death gems if you got any.
In exchange, Bloodstones.
Pricing is 35 blood slaves/20 nature gems/15 death gems per Bloodstone.

>game goes on sale
>noobs everywhere
>staling becomes rampant
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>game is always on sale
>you bought it for full price
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

benis

If he goes stale again can we all agree to gangbang him?

I bought Dominions 3 for $80 and had it shipped to me halfway across the globe.

But hey I got a physical copy of the manual

Bull god in it's own dominion kills them. All tramplers do. Similarly, fear gods do it usually, depends on morale rolls. Avvite chariots kill abysians, avvite spearmen do it too. Anakites turn them into paste. Garmhirdings wreck them. Vans in tiny groups have trouble with them, but vanhere wreck them. Thed sacreds kill them. I've seen Heart Companions kill them.

They also pick up afflictions quite fast even when facing stuff that cannot kill them. A few battles in and they are much flimsier as half of them are missing arms or have chest wounds.

Abysia is better in ME but not overpowered, simply good. Fomoria and Xiblahblah and Ragha and Bery and shit are still better by a lot.

Try testing it with afflicted abysians. You'll find they perform significantly more poorly.

---

Y'all bitches need to stop telling noobs to play a weak nation with serious flaws and nothing going for it but 'can kill indies without any thought or archer use'. Tell them to play strong nations, not weak ones. Noob-stomping is bad, m'kay.

Half of them have afflictions numbnuts, they just fought their way through successive waves of heavy cavalry. Why would you test them when they are crippled anyway? I'm not testing fomoria. How are they likely to bump into a bull in its own dominion while they are expanding?

Find me a single indy province that they cant take out that isnt full of mages or a throne and then we'll see if they are bad expanders.

Considering if you're not a dumbfuck you'll generally send your expander god somewhere it's nearby presence has given it at least 1 candle, about as often as people take trampler expander gods, which is still fairly often given I see bulls and boars every game. And given your slow-ass abysians mean if you balk from every possible bump, you're going to have shit-all territory on most maps.

I've played a lot of Abysia. I've had abysian starting armies die to heavy cav, i've had them die to woodsmen, i've had them die to xbows, i've had them die to random cloud mages, i've had them die to elephants, i've had them die to horse tribe light lances, i've had them die to all kinds of shit. Even tribals. Slap enough afflictions on abysian and he pretty much is going to die to whatever.

Nigger I just went through a test showing how many heavy cav you need to kill them. How many other peoples starting armies have you seen that can walk face first into 40 heavy cav and win?
Oh no they lose a fight to a trampler pretender god, well no shit retard most things will with no support thats the whole point of them.
And what the hell are you doing that you lost anything to woodsmen?