/lzg/ - Lab Zero General (Skullgirls and Indivisible)

Oh You edition

>Latest News

>Skullgirls News
The "FINAL" patch is dropping soon!
BETA patch notes: docs.google.com/document/d/1ajPnJzly4YziSAoSjYIqRkukq3806UBNNmM1zc77dIo/edit

>Indivisible News
Anime opening is being done by TRIGGER
youtube.com/watch?v=ZH9gEU8Do8Q&t=8s

>News Feeds
twitter.com/indivisiblerpg
twitter.com/skullgirls
twitter.com/sgmobile

>Official Forums
skullheart.com

>Skullgirls Stuff
Stream Calender: docs.google.com/document/d/1mNi8lajKTmYgwvi_6UkeR24n6DvTONHHYiaIyxuXbBI
Beginner Forums: skullgirls.com/forums/index.php?forums/beginner-forum.30
Steam Guides: steamcommunity.com/app/245170/guides
Resources: skullheart.com/index.php?threads/beginner-resources-thread.242
Public Discord Chat: discordapp.com/invite/0WWSQspQVqkHy4In
Wiki: skullgirls.wikia.com/wiki/Skullgirls_Wiki
Outdated SRK Wiki: wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls
/fgg/ Just go to training mode and set "Attack Data" to "Advanced" for frame data
/sgg/(rip) Album: mediafire.com/download/9b02vpj9vvot9x2/sgg album.zip
SG Mobile Site: hiddenvariable.com/skullgirls
Official Merch: eightysixed.com/collections/skullgirls
More Official Merch: sanshee.com/collections/skullgirls

>Indivisible Stuff
Main theme(WIP): youtube.com/watch?v=mTFmaDYfKBk
Kickstarter with free prototype: indiegogo.com/projects/indivisible-rpg-from-the-creators-of-skullgirls#/updates
Forums: skullheart.com/index.php?forums/indivisible.103
Official YT: youtube.com/channel/UCSvJctUjDhlGS3jFwlhSB-g
Official Site: indivisiblegame.com

Last thread

Other urls found in this thread:

twitch
ryu2-art.tumblr.com/image/154367064946
twitter.com/public_bigone/status/807893066929426432
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=59920977
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/315228854/#315240206
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60323547
streamable.com/1xpl
youtube.com/watch?v=Jjyw02zwEUE
reddit.com/r/Skullgirls/comments/2orf2s/will_replays_be_a_thing/
c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-media-prod-cld/image/upload/c_limit,w_620/v1479337335/zt6e0eqjrtrhnd5ngdes.png
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>Also sounds like Dhar is now playable to some extent.
where'd you here that from?

Is this the newly tweaked OP? Looks about the same aside from latest news. not that I'm complaining.

this is the old OP

okay, no probs. thanks for starting it.

oh yeah, skullbats is still on in case you guys aren't already watching

twitch tv/eightysixed

they showed some peeks of him in the recent screenshots

I'm a beginner to fighting games, I tried out all of the characters and I think I like Fukua and Parasoul the most, Do they make a decent Team?

definitely. Fukua tends to be popular with beginners too.

if you're on Steam, and have access to the beta, make sure to practice with the beta version of Fukua. she's going to be getting a lot of changes soon.

Not the same user, but Fukua does seem simple in comparison to the other characters. Hope she works well with Squiggly.

Squigly's a tricky character to learn, so you'll want to spend a lot of time getting used to her Seria Cancels and movement.
I forget what good Squig/Fukua players are out there, but I know there are some.
You tend to see Squig paired up with characters that have chunky assists like Big Band and Double.

But the general rule of thumb is, if you enjoy playing the characters on your team, you can make it work.

All it takes for me to get into a fighter is finding the character for me, and I know that's Squiggly (favorite design, will get used to her canceling and movement in time), Problem is that single characters don't look viable (based on what I've seen on streams) and for one reason or another I don't care too much for the rest of the cast. I'm considering Filia to go with the rival theme but rushdown is not my specialty. Maybe I'll throw a Fukua in there for the third spot.

Solos are viable, but at high level you have to be a character expert. They have the most explosive comeback potential in the game, so Solo players have to be good at capitalizing on every little moment they can find. One Happy Birthday on your opponent and the odds swing heavily in the Solo's favor.

Solo Squigly is a tough road though ,because it's hard for her to take advantage of her best tools. I think she, Valentine, and now maybe Robo, are some of the most team oriented characters.

Still, you'll see some pretty sick Squigly comebacks where she might as well have been Solo. This year's Combo Breaker was infamous for all of the strong Squigly play.

yeah but what about the 90% who really tried and rage quitted?

is vitale gentle?

well the 90% that struggled is probably still only from the 30% of people that both beat the boss aaand cared to learn about the secrets in the first place.

so point being, of the people that played the prototype, 30% shouldn't have been very surprised that the extra challenge was going to be challenging, while the other 70% don't really care and will probably just watch someone else play through the hard parts on youtube.

that's how i figure labzero could look at it anyway.

Not being able to do things isn't fun.

What are the percentages on who had fun in the prototype?

it seems like a lot of people had fun in the prototype. I saw some people streaming the prototype that could barely beat the first boss but they still enjoyed it.

then on their 10th try they would finally beat the boss and get excited and happy and they'd finish the prototype without caring about a secret boss at all.

so you can still have fun with a game even if you can't do everything in it, it's only when the game requires you to do the hardest stuff (for a "good" ending or whatever) when it starts to become bs.
but most of the time those extra challenges are just for easter eggs and bragging rights, and the prototype pit is the same way.

so I would prefer labzero left some hard challenges in their game for that purpose. to make some of us itch to find out where the secret mega cat boss might be hiding.
as long as it's not required to beat the game, I don't think the majority of players are really going to care.

Holy shit Skullgirls looks bad

SKULLGIRLS IS SHIT

Just let the thread die rather than these bumps.

They'd enjoy it more if they were able to do all the fun things

wtf with that autism kso. go eat a currywurst or something. live your damn life.

the people that just want to beat the game will have plenty of fun.

but the people that beat the game and want to find more challenging stuff won't have as much fun.

ryu2-art.tumblr.com/image/154367064946

good luck, thread.

This would never happen because there is no wall slamming Skullgirl

I hope that when Mrs. Victoria/Deep Violet is inevitably released in a sequel that she gets a Zelda/Shiek kind of thing, but it actually works as a mechanic, unlike SSB

That sounds neat, but I think in lore MrsV is really trying hard to keep her secret.
It's not like Eliza who was keeping a disguise at first, but deep down doesn't really care.

tourney on the 24th

twitter.com/public_bigone/status/807893066929426432

Is this made of clay?

I hope at some point they post pics or brackets. I wanna know what kind of turn out they get over there.

>The commentaries in the video are for entertainment purposes only. The views and opinions expressed therein are those of the individual speakers and do not necessarily represent the views and opinions of or any of their respective affiliates and employees.

unfiltered Mike is great

high sugar warning

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=59920977

Context?

double likes pie

I think he meant the video.

I know. I ain't no snitch tho.

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/315228854/#315240206

What happens if I pick GGPO 0 and the opposing player picks GGPO 5?

That depends entirely on the quality of your connection, but generally nothing

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=60323547

Is it just me or do a lot of Japanese players play Big Band?

Of course he is a parry character that doesnt suck

Japan picking Big Band's stage all the time is a huge meme

they say that the stage has the lowest lag but it's not true
they just like the doggo in the background

>lzg is leaking again

Is that the ramen alien from space dandy?

Spiffy oven mitts.

DOUBLECOCK

Never forget

I made a double snap.
streamable.com/1xpl

nice

What the fuck, how long have you been doing this for? I remember you from TWO YEARS AGO. tWO YEARS!!! FUCK OFF! MODS DO SOMETHING PLEASE

Stop falseflagging.

>Stop falseflagging.
Oh isn't that ironic.

What's funny is Mike probably even showed them the truth while he was over there, but it probably didn't matter.

It's pretty obviously you replying to yourself because you have sage in the email field.

And saging my post because I'm not on-topic makes me a samefag how??

youtube.com/watch?v=Jjyw02zwEUE

so what aspect of indivisible are you most excited for?

i'm excited to see how good team synergy might impact the battles

I hope for some memorable dungeons and a good story

I'm new to Skullgirls and confused. I have the Skullgirls Encore but I downloaded a free update, beowulf, robo fortune, eliza (when they were all free). It says on the title screen "Skullgirls 2nd Encore" but when I go on the PSN store and I go on Skullgirls 2nd Encore it doesn't say it's the one I purchased. Skullgirls Encore is the one I apparently got. So which version do I have? Does downloading Beowulf and the others mean I have 2nd Encore?

Also where is the replay menu on the PS3 version. It says fight recorded after a ranked match but I can't find any way to view replays.

All versions of Skullgirls are 2nd encore, If you bought skullgirls the 2nd encore update gets automatically patched into your game.

so is there no replay menu on the PS3 version of the game?

I sold my ps3 ages ago, but I think you need to go to settings and then look for your hard drive space.

On ps3: Features - View/share media

please

reddit.com/r/Skullgirls/comments/2orf2s/will_replays_be_a_thing/

Replays will be added with the final patch in 2 weeks-2months

No such thing on PS3

Confusingly, 2nd Encore refers to the latest patch, the PS4/Vita rerelease with all DLC bundles and timed-exclusive singe-player extras, and the PC DLC that brought those extras over. You have the former.

>2 months
>that's next fucking year

Should I get a PS4 for fighting games since PC versions are always dead in comparison?

You can grab the pc version for 3 bucks when its on winter sale on steam. Otherwise you can try getting a ps4

Arent there 3rd party recording softwares for ps3 anyway? on pc you can use fraps

I don't think it's that confusing. It's just that people aren't used to a fighting game getting a free balance update on every platform years after its release. Usually you have to buy Vanilla and then buy Super.

The extra singleplayer stuff is only treated as a seperate package on PC. Otherwise you're either on PS4/Vita and already got it or you're on PS3/360 and can't get it anyway.

Depends on what other fighting games you wanna play, but the bulk of SG's community is on PC, and PC already has replays.

Also nobody really knows when the patch is coming out. It's supposed to be Soon™!

Yeah it should be pretty soon. I know Mike said he was pressured to lock-in balance changes before the end of the year which is part of why we didn't get to try 150 Undizzy.

yeah I hope they come up with some fun dungeon layouts.

I also hope theres some good melodrama in the story, bring on the badends and heroic sacrifices

I haven't played many platformer RPGs so I wonder how seamless the story and gameplay integration will be. Will the storytelling be like in Dust, Megaman Zero, or Odin Sphere, where you have like a hub world for talking and getting missions?

I assume it was handled well in Valkyrie Profile, but I never played it.

There is a mobile Hubworld, as well as towns and cities you can visit

In VP right? So was it like an airship you flew around in?
I wonder if Ajna will get one of those.

The hub is Ajna's Inner Realm, which she can tap into from anywhere.

>Get the email
>Set it to upgrade
>"Hold on where's my Lab Zero T-shirt? It said I could get another one now."
>Refresh the page
>I'm not an "early" backer anymore so I can't get the shirt

Who the fuck approved this?

Oh that's cool. Have they shown any pictures of it yet? They didn't have it in the demo, so I guess it wasn't done.

Send them an email, I'm sure they can fix it.

c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-media-prod-cld/image/upload/c_limit,w_620/v1479337335/zt6e0eqjrtrhnd5ngdes.png

>FUNDING TOTAL: $2,009,538
>$1,972,710 Indiegogo + $36,828 BackerKit

wew