When will Honda shut Acura down as it has been a failure like Toyota did with Scion?

When will Honda shut Acura down as it has been a failure like Toyota did with Scion?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SH-AWD
autoc.org/news/best-worst-summer-2016-eastern
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Americans always fall for the trash options and ignore the decent ones. Most Acuras are Hondas in Europe, and we don't even get those garbage American exclusive Hondas here.

unlikely given the new 8 speed DCT's as all Acura-only.

This

Americans consider Lexus (((luxury))) when it's a Toyota. Why are Americans so stupid when it comes to buying cars?

Who buys Acuras and why?

>Honda
>Luxury

people who are tired of their german car breaking down

>what is Lexus

A pricier alternative.

Germans consider ((Audi)) a luxury brand when it's VW
In fact it's the third best selling automaker in Germany.
Why are Germans so stupid?

a brand for dirty pajeets & gooks

i'd rather live with the acura stigma rather than the lexus stigma tbqh famalam

The MDX isnt bad, but I would never buy a cross over because I have a penis.

VW and Audis are different.

No, they aren't. They're both trash.

>ILX
Rebadged Civic
>TLX
Rebadged Accord
>RLX
Rebadged Accord
>RDX
Rebadged H-RV
>MDX
Rebadged CR-V
>NSX
Rebadged NSX

Why are Americans this stupid to pay extra for a shiny new badge?

Spoken like a true poorfag.

Honda NSX is more a rebadged Acura than the other way.
On the old NSX that was true, but since the NSX is an American car, and badged as Acura here...

They have different badges

Dude, I can get a mid-mileage GTI for like 3 grand here. And Audis aren't much more expensive. Saw an A5 go for like 2500. It had like 168k on the clock.

Saw it listed again on Craigslist a week later. It probably broke down, unreliable German trash.

Yawn duh

>German car
>unreliable

Why don't Americans ever maintain their cars?

There is literally nothing wrong with Acura.

Plastics and computers.
If it's neither of those, the owner expected the vehicle to service itself and is most likely legally retarded.

Don't listen to him lol.

I've had an audi a4 before and a golf gti and both were the most unreliable pieces of shit ever. Currently have a Lexus and it's been amazing and it's fucking 8 years old.. I've had it for 4 of those. Got it cheap.. Some Idiot leased it for me and paid off the depreciation.

Just as Toyotas and Lexuses are different, dummy.

This goes here.

And this goes here.

>Lincoln above Porsche

Into the trash it goes.

Wrong

Lexus uses the same framework from the Camby and Avalon while Audi's are unique from VW.

Once again Aneridumb education.

Lmao Audis and VWs are the same shit famlay

Lexus actually has bespoke models.

t. Civic Driver

Aren't Acura sales poor?

>being this wrong

>customer service index ranking
what does this even mean? doesn't it vary by dealer?

Oh right because Honda Motor is a subsidiary of Acura Motors

>JDPowers
Worthless bait

But that`s wrong, you quadruple nigger

Hondas don`t get proper AWD (except Honda Legend)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SH-AWD

>this fag thinks new camshafts and constant carbon removal should be done every other maintenance interval

Don`t forget to "maintain" your chain assembly just in case the tensioners decide to disintegrate prematurely.

No, because for this generation, Acura was the original.

By that logic I guess the Antara is just a rebadged Terrain?

Well in Krautcars, its always plastics and computers that fail.

I'll have you know that my '04 MDX has 285k miles and is an absolute BEAST.

kill yourself

I have had my tlx in a bunch of times

>JDpower
yeah... the ranking where bluetooth not connecting has the same value as a broken transmission.

Does it go "cooooh" when you back up?

My TSX was an excellent car.

Bought new, and owned for over 8 years without a single part failure except a light bulb in the seat heater switch that I made the dealer replace under warranty so I could hoon around in a RL-shawd for a few days.

That car was solid and had great responses. It wasn't very fast, but it moved well enough.

Dealership stated that 70% of their customers were burnt over german lux owners who just stopped giving a shit about whatever bullshit "prestige" the kraut hood ornaments bestowed upon them, when they had to drive the ambiguously sticks red Mercedes or BMW "service loaner" to work or the theater in front of the very people they were impressing with their E class or 545 just the week before.

Acura only lost direction because Honda became much more competitive. They should had embraced turbos and awd earlier.

They need to bring back manual.

>Cadillac that high

Ha

>(((luxury)))
how the fuck are kikes related to this

OK simple question

Does Acura make a 4wd sedan?

I want awd without it being a fucking suv and I don't wanna pay more than 30k for it. Also has to be manual but I'm sure Acura has those

Does Acura make one of these types?

You can't service a German car because the car doesn't let you. You have to take it in to the dealer for every issue or preventative maintenance which costs a shitload of money.

Alternatively, you could buy an Asian/American car you can work on yourself.

the tlx and rlx are awd
i don't know of any sedan that is 4wd

When I said 4wd I meant awd

So the tax and rlx?

Ill check those out which would you prefer ideally? Isn't the rlx the smaller of the two and on the civic tier?

Just looked at the tlx

They don't make it in manual...

Shit they don't make the rlx in manual either

you can look for a older 2008 TL type S

>AWD

2009-2014 came with the option of SH-AWD and a 6 speed manual, if you can stomach the beak grill on the pre-face lifted model

Install a Comptech supercharger on it and you have a total sleeper

>RDX
Rebadged H-RV
>MDX
Rebadged CR-V

At least get the sizes right you nigger

Absolutely nothing

>buddy who has money buys an s4
>2 months later oil pressure sensor goes
>calls aaa, they check his oil level and fill it up
>turbo melts down from too much oil
>gets a new engine & turbo
>1 week later car acts funny
>dealership says everythings fine
>i take a look for him the drive by wire and iac are acting up
>goes back to dealership failed componet
>another month later upper control arm breaks free
>guy drives like a granny and avoids potholes
>repairs
>alignment is off, goes back again
>mil on not too much later
>take a look 02 sensors or cat
>goes in cat is dead
>intermittent light problem
>he finally gives up on the turd
too many problems with half assed german cars, parts are over priced and vw owns almost everything german.

Porsche's flat 6 powered cars have so far been unmolested by VW

Once again Americans do not maintain their cars properly.

You never hear about these problems here in Europe with German cars as they are always built with the highest quality.

How am I suppose to maintain a BMW when they do not include a dip stick?

That's cause all you guys can afford in Europe are the bottom of the barrel cars with a fancy badge slapped on them

The TLX offers SH-AWD, the RLX is essentially a CR-V and has regular AWD. The civic one is the ILX which is only FWD.

Just kidding the RLX is the super fancy one no one buys. It can have a fancy hybrid AWD system like the new NSX. But I think at 60k you can find something better from other manufacturers.

>RLX is essentially a CR-V and has regular AWD
wut

The RLX is the Honda Legend and has AWD with electric motors on the rear wheels. When cruising around on battery power it's essentially RWD

>highest quality
>parts failures a week off the lot
Sure thing Ahmed.

I had a brain fart I fixed it in the next post. It's just no one talks about the RLX so my brain went right to RDX.

If it got to 168k miles in just a couple years, it's not unreliable

lel

Not eve the ilx comes in standard anymore

It's has the dct which the TLX has. It's pretty quick and responsive. Just a bit clunky but vastly better than the 9 speed transmission in the V6 cars. It's quite dreadful especially the '15 cars.

>They should had embraced turbos and awd earlier.

I agree, someone must put an end to the Quattro/Subaru meme.

Literally the Honda Legend/Acura RL, RLX

autoc.org/news/best-worst-summer-2016-eastern

Acura outsells Infiniti

just because they make cars you don't like doesn't mean they're going to shut down

Acura is good, but not great. It is probably the underdog of luxury cars right now... but because its parent company is Honda and it is "made in Japan" with nippon steel and what not, people tend to believe that they're reliable.

Maybe they are, maybe they aren't... but BMW/Benz don't break down before 3 years (End of a regular lease). I mean, if you're in the market to purchase a luxury vehicle, you will probably be leasing, not buying... unless you're spending more than 100 grand because you won't be getting ANYTHING that will last that long with only 50 grand.

I think another problem that acura has is that its supposed to be their premium brand which usually means you get some toys before the mainstream cars begin to have them. The Acura infotainment is years behind what newer Hondas have and way behind compared to an advanced system that the new Volvos have. I think they also need to create performance versions of their cars, sadly a 290HP V6 won't cut it for luxury buyers when you can get a 400HP Infiniti. They need to create excitement not only in their design and interface, but also in their powertrains.

So the NSX? Because it has all of those.

That TL model almost killed Acura.

I mean something that's not 160k. Their regular cars needed some cool shit besides just being a more expensive version of a honda.

Dude was talking about how the Acura target audience is trash-tier right now. Acura needs to bring in the new generation of owners. Look at Lexus, look at BMW, look at Mercedes. Their style, their design, their marketing strategy. It is full of elegance yet they're bold and sporty to an essence.

In a way this is what I meant yes. They need new owners, but to get the owners they have to have something to bring them in. I see Volvo going through something similar. They're going to need to get away from the old person customer base they have.

Doesn't change the fact that it's still a good car that can be had for cheap now days

The second generation TL had terrible transmissions. Along with other closely related models.

Yup... look at their Precision concept and look at the MDX Facelift. I personally like it. Its like a breath of fresh air...

I'm young, but I also have money. My dad is in his 50s and he doesn't have a "old man's taste." Heck, he wanted to buy a Mercedes S550 Coupe last year.

But yeah, its best if Acura makes their vehicles bold and fuck-all to the rest. Just do it right.

Nice digits.
Honda needs to go beyond their 3.5 liter engine and go for bigger displacement.
The RL should compete with Lexus LS in displacement and horsepower.

The only thing I hope they don't do with the new grill is make the logo so big.

I like the Legend

The TL comes in Sh-AWD and also can be stick.

An ugly, floaty catfish.

The problem is the higher end Hondas have just gotten too nice.

I think Acuras are absolutely gorgeous, especially the ILX. But why pay $5k - $7k more to get an appearance package and and extra 20 hp over the top Honda model? It just doesn't make sense.

Is it? Literally every other Mexican family I know has a TLX or TSX and about a quarter of the crossovers I see women driving here are MDX or RDX shitwagons.

>NSX is an american car

when will this meme end?

Because non car people are quick to buy anything that has "luxury" attached to it. Apples are shit and people spend thousands on them because they believe price=quality

this
German cars in europe work just fine, i dont know whats wrong with them in Burgerland that they are always complaining.
Sure most of them here are diesels but im sure the problem is not the petrol engines, its just american mechanics that have no ideia how to deal with technology.
Here in Europe any average Joe mechanic knows his stuff with german cars and although they are not cheap to fix, they are reliable.

When they stop designing and building them in the States.