Does anyone here own a Land Rover?

Does anyone here own a Land Rover?

I got a hard on for the Freelander. Considering its a "premium" brand theyre not really that expensive. Im looking and the early 2000s Freelander.

Whats the catch, they break down a lot?

Other urls found in this thread:

dogandlemon.com/sites/default/files/land_rover_freelander_1997-06_0.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yes

buy a crv for 3k

Yeah thats actually the model I'm comparing it to and while I think the freelander looks better the CRV is probably a lot more robust

>muh japanese quality

friend of mine has a 2003 freelander and the cluch broke, the repairdude quoted 3.5k€ but he managed to get a used clutch and have some nigga of him put it in

theres a saying where i come from:
>Gott schütze uns vor Sturm und Wind, und Autos die aus England sind

basically means
>"God protect us from thunderstorms, other terrible happenings, and cars made in England"

but dude maybe they arent that bad, i hope youre lucky!

A lot of premium brands tend to depreciate quickly because of the potential for high repair costs. Land Rovers do have a reputation for being unreliable, which would explain the low price. Personally I would be hesitant about it, but you never know, it could end up being good.

I cant tell if this is a joke or not

yeah but its all the rovers made when BMW owned them that were shit

So post-2006 is good?

Not everything is some elaborate troll. You should take some time off Veeky Forums

>Whats the catch, they break down a lot?
Yes.

Land rovers are unreliable as fuck. Or they aren't. It really varies by car.

And every single Rover made before that.

>So post-2006 is good?
Maybe. It's unlikely it's old enough by now to manifest any real reliability problems.
The main issue is that European cars don't last well beyond 10 years. That's when problems start to appear when they're badly maintained, or just age-related wear and tear.

Land Rover Defenders are an exception. They're just as reliable 50 years old as they were when they were made, and super simple to fix.
Downside is that they're just as UNreliable as ever, and need to be fixed often.

The Land Rover Freelander is generally referred to as the worst SUV/crossover you can buy here in Norway. Insanely low build quality meant tons of electrical problems, terrible rust protection, parts wearing out at an abnormal rate, cheap interior and surely more

They are terrible, terrible cars. They've had plenty of recalls here, and according to the NAF (Norwegian Automobile Federation) their rate of breakdowns that required towing/transport was quite a lot above the average

Save yourself the trouble - invest in a Nissan X-Trail, Honda CRV or similar

Government here got 3 for donations

They didn't last more than 3 months on the road. A year waiting on parts and another week on the road then back in the shed.

When they auctioned them off they only raked in 10,000 coconuts which is dirt cheap when a beat to shit (top up all fluids daily) hilux brings in 14,000 coconuts.

I thought I should have bid on them at the time but within weeks I saw one on the side of the road with it's transmission pulled (still there after two years), the other has been stripped of everything and is in the landfill. I haven't seen the third yet.

>coconuts
what
is that a wordfilter? dollars euros yen ?

Not everyone lives in a third world shithole. There are Land Rover dealerships in every city that matters so waiting a year for parts for your governments """""3"""" """"donated""""" land rovers wouldn't be a problem.

Pounds, maybe. pounds Pounds Rubles rubles

Its a crossover built on the Ford Mondeo platform. Nothing premium about it, but shouldn't be troublesome or expensive to maintain.

my dad had one of those when they came out

i thought it was awesome back then, especially with a bullbar and taillight thingies.

now though, not so much

Enjoy having to fix your steering wheel asembly every 3 months.

British SUVs are shit.

Eastern Caribbean Dollar.

It doesnt matter what currency really as it is all unrelatable to your location.

Since OP said it was a premium brand i figured he didnt live in the UK or western Europe where they arent considered as such. Nor are they as common.

If they are not common he will run into issues finding parts. Though not as difficult as my location obviously it will still be more hassle over your more popular SUV, what ever it may be.

Just not worth a special snowflake status unless you have a supply

dogandlemon.com/sites/default/files/land_rover_freelander_1997-06_0.pdf

>used clutch
That's some shady shit man.

It's considered a premium brand in the UK and western Europe, that's where I live. Maybe not some old shitbox poorfag one from 2003, but a new Land Rover certainly is.

Not saying OP should buy a 2003 Freelander, I'm just saying basing getting parts on some mudhut island full of pygmis that can't buy range rovers, is retarded. Of course it's hard to get parts there.