Who's next?

ur a fgt, Brick. I challenge you to Nitroplus

Koakuma best 2hu.

play boatcolle

What's Nitroplus?

Who is best Applimonster?

Only if you post best boat.

can i milk this anime?

Why are there some many anime fighters and barely any SF clones?

ugh.... "cummy blasterz" as you degenerate memers put it.

can't trick weebs into buying karate man games

>Muh purity of learning a langauge

Because those all came out in 1992-1995 and died. Anime is an expression of either the designers' interests or exploiting current trend.

Who else is not buying any gifts for others this year and spending that money on SFV season passes?

Because SF is the most barebones and baseline of fighters.

SF requires good netcode due to links. Anime games use chains you can mash out.
Half of the guys I know that like SF watch animu

Would make more sense if SFV wasn't on top.

There is Koihime Enbu, but nobody plays it.

M8 you should check all the shit that was out on the SNES and CPS1/2 systems.

The weeb trash we're getting today is just devs cashing in on the waifu train because its easy and doesnt take effort.

street fighter relies on its legendary roster of well known for decades characters

anime games you can just pull anime characters out of your ass and call it a game

Many games have links that are also anime.

>look up melty blood
>its some doujin vn/fighting game released in 2002

lol just

lol

Street Fighter is not the only genre that exists. Sell off of Japanese cartoons that are popular.

That's a weird way to spell smash

Can we define what an anime game is real quick? I can't tell if you guys are talking about the infinite DBZ and Naruto games or games like BlazBlue and Guilty Gear. What about Akatsuki Blitzkampf?
Justin Wong

yeah the 90's was filled with SF clones. the companies probably got pretty burned out on them.
pretty sure even if you stacked up all of the newer anime games, they'd still be outnumbered by the 90's stuff.

>look up street fighter
>it's some garbage released in 1980

i play scary boat!!

Because the art style and character design is ugly as sin. If they would have went pure 3D or pure 2D it would have been fine. Instead we get half and half with undetailed models.

following your dreams is a pretty quick way of losing all of your money, though. If you don't even know Kanji yet, you should not be going to Japan. We complain about Mexicans that barely know English coming to American and you'll basically be one of those.
Yes? I'm sure if you saw a guy learning Korean just to play Starcraft with them, you'd laugh.

Anything that uses sprites in 2016.

Where is she Peter, you fucking nigger

Yeah I meant more in today's market, there's tons when you go back.

The sound and game design are great though.

SF sucks hardcore. If people wanted to play outdated shit then sf2 emulation is easy.

>Street Fighter took forever and a lot of money to make and didn't get much in the ways of sales or critical acclaim
>Can either make a cheap-ass game or try and mimic Street Fighter and go broke for unsure product

I think its cause the neutral game is boring as fuck until somebody lands a counter

When I was mashing around in it with the sleepy looking waifu all I did was poke into rekka

Whenever I've seen the the term anime it's been referenced to high combos and airdashing, less focus on neutral and footsies and more set up and vortex. So like MvC2/3, GG, etc

wheres the balance patch information? its almost 20th

Smash is so far gone from other fighters community wise it's basically its own genre.

>Can we define what an anime game is real quick?
Anime game = what I don't like

Don't lewd the moeka she had the best eyes

Its also because culture changed.

In the 80s and 90s you still had heavy martial arts movies presence everywhere in mainstream all around the world.
Nobody gives a shit about Bruce Lee anymore and martial arts movies are generally rare now.
Jackie Chan stopped doing movies and Donnie Yen is about as charming and iconic as a brick. He's good though.

Back then devs could also take cool designs and ideas from some proper masculine shit like HnK.
Now Japan is all terrible so its all waifus and ladyboys because pop culture everywhere went to shit and we arent allowed to have cool action shit anymore.

The only martial arts focused franchises that are still around are from the 80s/90s. Everything new is little girls flying around garbage.

Sounds cool to make up a bunch of characters. Do you know anything about programming?

>less focus on neutral and footsies
You are retarded.
> and more set up and vortex
Street Fighter was always the most flowchart vortex shit except turd strike which is quite literalyl random.

Yes but that won't draw new players in. If everything looked something similar to the animation supers the game would sell like hot cakes.

>this /v/etarded f/a/g is back

everything is a sf clone. current fighters are the ones that survived with their own variations.

yes that is completely irrelevant to the topic though

developers choose to create an anime game instead of a street fighter clone for the reason I listed and they know only a very small number of people will stick to the game or even play it so they want to make the gameplay flashy and exaggerated instead of balanced and based on fundamentals

>baaawww people like to have games with other characters that mr Buff McHuge #1 #2 #3 etc
kys

>/a/
lmao

What anime fighters focus on footsies and neutral?

3s

Fist of Awesome is about punching bears and has nothing to do with Japanese animation
Funny as I see people call Akatsuki Blitzkampf anime just based on the art style, despite it having links and no airdashes or bursts. Hell, most of the characters in it aren't even Japanese.
So is the original SF anime? I mean, I don't know anyone that likes that game.
So what are some anime games heavily focused on links?

KOIHIME

Kasugano Sakura pleases old men for money!

Ohohohohoho!

Do you really need super buff 90s men to make a non anime fighter?

Or you stop being a fucking idiot. Fighting games evolved and evolving is clearly the way away from a fucking rng mashfest from the 90s. You being a nigga that calls everything not by capcom anime won't change that the genre developed over many years and capcom never managed to adapt.

Koihime Enbu is mechanically the most honest fighting game there is.

>3s
>anime aka airdasher aka triple dights combo city
wat

U.R.I.N.A.L

i play stinky boat!!

do you guys think revelator will break sign's numbers?

damn shame about the pedophile bait artstyle though

twelve has an airdash it's anime

So you can make a game that is balanced and plays similar to Street Fighter II: Hyper Fighting and I can make a bunch of crazy shit for characters. Seems like a winning situation since you get both animebux as well as people that would sustain the game.

>buff
No. Martial arts fantasy always left room for really strong grandmasters and even women.
Or rolling monkey men like in Blood Sport.

no. it tanked on ps4. expect less on pc even.

>watch this show cuz it got shitposted to /fgg/ nonstop for like a year
>it's about anthropomorphic japanese boats in world war 2
>the plot is based off of real world war 2 missions except japan wins every single time
>the usa are the bad guys

The artstyle isn't the problem for me, it's the fact that the 3D models and animations are legitimately some of the worst there is.

>So what are some anime games heavily focused on links?
I concede to heavily. The only ones I could list aren't super heavy.

>Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan and Donnie Yen
>90s type of buff
You're all retarded and anime ruined your brain.

>Akatsuki Blitzkamp
My negro, it was great.

>implying the USA weren't the bad guys
your reaction image is fitting

Wait I thought that was a phone game

But Hokuto no Ken is the best and most broken anime fighter of all time. Also
>masculine shit like HNK
>Who is Yuda
Really though, it's the fault of old men that don't buy shit as for why japan is this way now.
I wonder how much "good" anime people like you actually paid for and own versus your collection of torrented DVDrips of the HnK anime that neither Tetsuo Hara or Toei make money from. The funniest part is that you lack self awareness and refuse to buy Japanese DVDs or BDs, make posts like this, and then follow it up by complaining that studios, surprise surprise, make shows for people that buy anime versus those that don't even watch it anymore.

Do any of you here even own Votoms: Alone Again besides me? How about Fist of the North Star's The Legends of the True Savior series of films? At least ONE volume of the manga?

kek

Why would it? It costs twice as much and adds less than half.
It will sell to some who wanted to stick around after Sign and some PS4 players who want to double dip but most of the people who bought it out of interest most likely wont buy the "sequel".

Kohime Enbu is more like SF than any anime game.

>when someone thinks they made a sick play but they, in fact, have fucked their own butts

rather just watch mad max innit

We should've traded out one of the nukes for another few months' worth of firebombing.

Sign was outdated by the time it came out on PC. This is the latest version on PC. I will lose faith in the PC FGC if this doesn't break Sign's pitiful total numbers.

But Capcom makes tons of anime. MvC is like the poster child of the anime fighter.

i'll start buying BDs when japan wakes up and stops charging 60000 dollars for a box set

imagine if a german company did that. they would locked up for nazism and germany would make a formal apology

Yes? I'm not moving to Japan yet, I'm learning Japanese so that I can eventually move to Japan while getting a degree so that I can make a living both here and there.

And, yes, some of the most successful American Brood War players trained in Korea. It's hard to see how something could mean so indescribably much more to someone else than it does to you, but that's the way of passion.

Nah, everyone else needs to change, not me.

There is an American unit among the player ones. If I understand from osmosis, the enemy units are lifeforms that have taken war wreckage into their own bodies and player units possibly also these, but used to fight against the main ones.

>buying anime

Marvel is not anime and neither is street fighter because they are from capcom. Anime is just made up by the capcomunity to shittalk the genre and feel better about themself praising trash.