tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
The first free DLC update, Angel City's Most Wanted, is out, featuring the return of the Angel City map, new Ion Prime and Scorch Prime skins, in-game cosmetics store, and more
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/7729/angel-citys-most-wanted-the-patch-notes

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Doomed thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/qh1uliauzmr4sxxb
speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/b6h3ym9xg9tgyobm
speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/5eq9y41zd8wof3ri
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Let's start this thread off with a question

232 for maximum manly punches
OR
Grand theft semi auto for maximum operator

Grand Theft because it's quicker

Depends on the rest of your build and your playstyle
More stealthy/movement based? GTSA
More agressive, typically in your face? 232

Playing a chunkier bod like A-wall or Cloak? 232.
Playing a slimmer build like pulse or grapple? GTSA

I would get 232 myself because knocking the fuck out of a Pilot is so satisfying.

I choose Ion.

Choose whichever, it doesn't matter anyway. In Your Face will always be the best execution.

What does /tfg/ think it is?

But Reach does have a higher degree of customization when it comes to appearances. TF2 just has pilot/titan color changes, a paint job and weapon skins. Reach had actual armor permutations that you could customize as you saw fit.

Sure, you could argue that TF2 has more customization when it comes to load outs but that just opens up a whole other can of worms. TF2's gameplay revolves around personal load outs with titans being the score/kill streak that changes up the pace of the match. Reach purposely has a limited load out because players have to fight for power weapons scattered across the map. Two different design philosophies.

It would neat if TF3 introduces customizable armor pieces but that could go against their design choice of having pilots be easily distinguishable. They could compromise and have different armor pieces be exclusive to certain classes as to not break their "theme".

What's stealthy about emptying a pistol into someone's body?

There's two types of pilots on the Frontier

christmas hats for the Titans

You steal their pistol then kill them with it. Unfortunately the animation is dogshit so it's hard to notice.

Snowed in Angel City map variant

>When your Titan gets crushed by a Reaper-fall

If that was your point, why didn't you say that from the beginning instead of being proven wrong twice over?

>mfw those Todd McFarlane Toys miniatures of Cooper and BT come out Dec 25th.

Not sure if want, will I become a virgin wizard if I put those on my desk?

only if you don't get me one, user.

Devotion nerf? Only thing I want removed.

We need more terrain maps in general.

I'd love a snowy mountain map ala Hoth or a dense jungle map ala Endor.

oi

But user, he's not me. I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents.

I'm getting a ping between 30 and 2300. What the fuck.

That depends are you one now? Those toys on your desk arn't gonna be the reason for that changing.

>BT + cooper figure comes with exclusive nose art code

fucking preordered

I'm getting a ping between 120 and 5400. I'm bettah.

The talk of having characters and titans with their own personalities interacting makes me want a titan that's a total weeabo shitposter and annoys the fuck out of their pilot by doing shit like getting anime paint jobs and shit.

WTB dice-roll assassination

I really want this game, but have a few questions since I can't get it for a while:

Is this game balanced well (i.e I as a new player won't be facing people who have unlocked everything) or have a hidden/public mastery rating?
Will I have my origins name on this game, or do I set one in game (Will I have Ninjadudenitro97 or can I edit that somehow)?
Is it worth the 60 dollar price? How many hours do you currently have on it?

What?

Well thats fucking it, grand wizard virgin here I come.

Mine mas rapidly changing from 80-100, then 300-400 yesterday, when it's usually at 26.

Anyone else have this issue?

Will pay money to have random assassinations

I could probably get away with saying its from some obscure comic book. That shit is normie status now, I doubt a girl would mind.

Is there a way to turn off depth of field?

>Nose art code
Fuck.

The animation is actually pretty good, the problem is the camera. The camera does this slow zooming out/panning thing during the beginning of the animation thing, so by the time you can actually see what's happening, you've already missed your character draw the victims pistol

How much for coliseum tokens? Swiped 38 off of chip bags, and im wondering if thats enough too get most of the skins or if I will need more.

How long does it take to unlock most of the titan/weapons/gadgets/etc ?

I know you steal it
But then you empty it into them, thats not stealthy, it's loud as shit

It's not supposed to be stealthy.

Got all skins, executions, banners and signs in about 200 coliseums with something like 97% winrate. You can only get pilot skins tho.

I'm responding to a comment user made about 232 vs gtsa

I want whoever designed the rodeo/battery system, and whoever changed Titans into unique "characters" in this game fired, and then killed.

any tips for pwning noobs?

What? If they even notice just go, "It's a figure of a robot and the guy who drives it in this thing I like."

Why are you making it a big deal, they literally don't give a shit either way. I've got a stuffed robot, a little Pokemon Croagunk and a stuffed Jiji from Kiki's Delivery Service on my desk.

"What are these?"
"Oh, just some plushes and a little toy of a Pokemon. They're cute."
"Oh, neat. Anyway..."

That's exactly how it goes.

I swear, I've played my dream game just now. My team is competent, but the enemy presents a challenge. And you want to know the best part?

Not one Tone.

Not one Devotion.

Not one A-wall.

Not one sentry.

Minimal roof camping.

I am now officially convinced that we stand to lose absolutely nothing by removing these items.

Oh yeah. Huh. Carry on.

Git gut. That or just abuse charge rifle. Also look when enemy is raising his hand, it telegraphs that he is cooking a grenade, phase while he does that, not after he throws.

also does it work like a battlecrest where you get multip things or is it one or the other?

Additional since I won't have the game till saturday, whats the faster way to rank up? With the merit system doesn't it help to try things out since, you can grind lower lvls gun merits faster?

Very well balanced if you have a solid ping.
Good way to approach multi is to beat Single on hard or better before jumping in to learn the new mechanics.

I'm well on my way to 60 hours of $60 of my initial purchase price so I'm happy with it

Permutations based off of the current TF2 Pilots would be great. Granted, I would still prefer Pilot appearance being subservient to factions like TF1 then add in the variances in appearance based on loadouts and the sub-faction.

yo, my homie said you guys would give me a key if I stopped memeing that no one played this game. you senpaitachi wanna help me out?

GTSA.

Go fast or die slow.

Trying to learn Ronin, but I only have enough credits for 1 kit. What's best/most fun?

One gift - one thing.
Fastest way to level up is to use sniper rifles with pistols since they require twice less kills for level up and cycling low level weapons since first few level require lower amount of kills to level up.

the Phase Dash one for maximum keikaku

>that head shake

It was just a joke mate.

I am excited about the McFarlene toys thats all.

get double thunder wave

does like a whole bar of damage, and more when core is active

What the fuck am I looking at here.

Probably used dew codes

/tfg/ is cold-blooded

Post 'em
Rate 'em

Oi !

Does anyone want any General Maurader voice work?
speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/qh1uliauzmr4sxxb

>Get in, pilot.

>We're making the Frontier great again.

Bane?

It's Marder, not Marauder.

Also, what said: you sound like Bane.

IDK but the price is pretty reasonable so I might get it.

speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/b6h3ym9xg9tgyobm

My bad, and, banes more echo-y

Why is the Flatline such dogshit compared to the R201 and CAR?
Does anyone ever take a break from going fast and just slide down an incline indefinitely until someone comes up on you and feels you up? I love it when they execute me.

what

as someone who only recently got an xbone, storywise should i play the first one before getting the second or am i not missing anything major?
on that subject, about how long would TF1 story take to finish?

speakpipe.com/voice-recorder/msg/5eq9y41zd8wof3ri

>TF1 story

You ain't missing shit nigga

tf1 is multiplayer only

oh, thought it had a story mode or something, thanks

I think the difference between Tone/Devotion/etc and people like us that we take pleasure in our own successes, whereas they take pleasure in others' failures.

This is why we continue to cuck ourselves with grenadier weapons.

Yes, why get good when you can whine until everything you lose to gets removed instead.

Respawn did an experiment with Titanfall 1 and tried to incorporate what passed for a campaign in the multiplayer maps. You had to play through all the maps, one after the other, in a specific sequence before you could do free play; each map had extended cutscenes at the start and the end, and as you played through more maps, you unlocked more equipment, including Titan chassis.

People felt this was not a sufficient replacement for a proper single-player campaign, that it wasn't a "real" campaign. So Respawn took it to heart and made a fully-fledged singleplayer campaign for TF2.

>I think the difference between Tone/Devotion/etc and people like us that we take pleasure in our own successes, whereas they take pleasure in others' failures.

That's...deep. In a way. It kind of explains why I'm fine when people kill me with some shit like an SMR, or a Mastiff, or a scorch ruses me with ebin barrel traps, or I go full idiot and shoot an ion's sheild, but roll my eyes when it's something like deviotion or sentry camping.

I mean yeah I run some of the competitive meta weapons as well too (R-201 and CAR yeah baseline macgee shit but they strike that cord of good but not feeling shitter tier) so I can't bitch too much but what you said makes sense.

>what you said makes sense
No, it doesn't. It would make sense if he thought they, were crutches, used something else, pushed their shit in anyway, and never thought twice about it. That's what old /v/ or Veeky Forums would have done, before we were overrun with casual redditors.

Now people would rather just whine about what they lose to. Instead of learning to completely invalidate it with personal skill, they whine like bitches hoping that the devs will just nerf or remove it instead.

It sickens me. It's why I donned the trip. I can't stand to be associated with people like you two.

> It's why I donned the trip

No, you don it like 90% of tripfags on the site, to feel like a special snowflake among everyone else who thinks anyone gives a flying fuck about your opinions.

>I can't stand to be associated with people like you two

Yeah ditto dumbass.

I should have put Pilot Sentry to make this loadout 10/10.

You are a naughty one.

From my limited experience with the chip I would say Ion. The main issue with auto-Titans is that they aren't capable of thinking about mobility and positioning which is key as far as piloting Titans go: you need to get an angle at the pilots firing from the roof, Ronin, Scorch and Legion need to get in close without running into obvious traps and deploy their own, Tone needs to know which direction to pop his barrier and how to stay behind it and Northstar needs to always keep her distance.

Ion says fuck that, I've got a vortex shield that I can bring up and down at any time, use it in 360 degrees and I can poke long range with my laser.

Still, I wish they thought more about people that prefer to stay on foot but like their Titans running after them and gave more options to control an auto-titan. Obviously he should not be as good as a human and die unsupported but they could've made it so up on d-pad switches between focusing on infantry and other titans while right on the d-pad triggers one of their abilities, for example makes a Tone shoot it's sonar at your position.

It's you being a part of the Marauders that brings this whole pic together

What's the secret to getting gud with the Softball ? I love the design but I can rain 5 grenades and only get hit markers. There were also times where I could've sworn pilots survived direct stickies.

i wasn't for the battery system at first. But it's really better than the old way where a pilot could solo a titan super easily

And how can you hate scorch-chan?.

>implying a scorch with three boosts, nuke eject and a quad shotgun/40mm wouldn't be more fun

you're the reason fun stuff isn't in this game

you and the other fucking normies.

Just filter the faggot and move on. Stop giving him an audience.

>be fat Ogre with only one dash
>Stryder across the map
>immediately in my face with Inferno Shield
>can't get away thanks to trip dash

I'll stick with Scorch being an Ogre.

>playing ctf
>leave my scorch to join the fray for flag
>he starts dropping pilots left and right using his launcher and stepping on fuckers
>all without the chip
Shit was crazy.

Here's everything you need

General question to the thread, how would you like it if BT's Vanguard class was brought into the multiplayer as a customizable Titan? You could mix and match pieces of other Titan's kits to create your own custom kits. Of course, The damage numbers of the weapons and utilities are tweaked slightly to prevent any super OP combinations. Would that be a good middle ground?

I really like his default loadout. I'd love to see that in the game. He'd be great at clearing AI.

I'd prefer it with a modified Exploration kit that allows you to pick up other Titan's general weapon and utility. You only get a single clip of ammo for the weapon and full clip for the utility. Then it's back to the explorer kit

Yeah the XO-16 needs to come back. I love my predator cannon and all but I'd like another option.

I mean I'm just spitballing shit man. Like you could have Scorch's thermite cannon and three dashes, but as a drawback you'd have to carry only one gas barrel or have a limited flame shield.