Why do Europeans hate fun?

Why do Europeans hate fun?

Why can't the appreciate something as unpretentious and honest as a car with an oversized V8, rear wheel drive, and a manual transmission? Do they think they are too sophisticated or something?

>IM ONLY ALLOWED TO HAVE SIX 500cc CYLINDERS MAXIMUM SO THATS THE BIGGEST THAT'S GOOD

Sour grapes plus an inferiority complex, go figure.

LAP TIMES
GERMAN ENGINEERING

Because driving is a serious business, and should be treated as such. Attached photographic material is pertinent, a serious man's car.

Perfect car for the travelling salesman.

because they're emissions laws focus primarily on carbon dioxide emissions instead of actual harmful pollutants.

Modern hatchbacks offer good, no-nonsense transportation.

A typical accountant's car.

In the event of a crash, assistance is never far away.

Shit tier

My shoebox is bigger than these cars

Pictured here is the sturdy, reliable and discreet Renault 5.
>My shoebox is bigger than these cars
So your shoebox is oversized, but will be largely void of content. Very American.

Because when the Europeans try to make a car that is 'murican fun, we end up with shit like the X6 M.

WE DO NOT SPEAK OF THE X6M, YOU NASTY HEATHEN

Have a typical, sensible European city car instead.

Meanwhile, in what I can only assume will inevitably turn out to be Poland

The German sports car process:
>AWD that can send power to any wheel at any moment
>13 speed DCT that shifts faster than light
>hydraulic magnetic gravitic suspension that can change setting 5000 times per second
>hybrid system with 4 electric motors aiding a quad-turbo 3L W16 to provide torque fill
>compensate for all this weight by inventing new weaves of carbon fibre which are lighter than air
>components so advanced that even a job as light as an oil change must be done by starship engineers

The American sports car process:
>big engine
>6 speed manual
>RWD
>as fast as German car for less than half the price

hmm

IF anything has ever been nailed, you nailed it.

But at least my shoebox doesn't need constant repairs

You forgot one part of the processes

German:
>airbrake wing that adjusts for every .002 kph change in speed, extra weight is irrelevant
>make absolutely sure that it's impossible to work on it yourself, dealerships are half the profit

American
>add big wang
>???
>car???

They can only afford bus passes

That's not a real car faggot

Real question for Europeans on here: if an LS engine is

>lighter
>smaller
>more reliable
>cheaper
>more torquey
>just as powerful
>just as fuel efficient

as your typical European V8 made in the same time frame, what on Earth does shit like

>muh DOHC
>muh HP/L

even matter?

>inb4 early LT1 motors lunching themselves
I haven't heard much about it, I assume GM fixed it?

>I assume GM fixed it?
yup

cool, but that won't stop people from shitposting those pictures

True.

But why is GM so unreliable shit if its so simple?

Checkm8

because GM makes drivetrains well and that's about it. everything else is made of plastic and falls off, but who cares? it just means weight reduction

Why do you create shitposting threads?

T. American.

>it just means weight reduction

Or death in the case of those Cobalts lmao.

They sell cars for prestige so they have to care about boring crap like hp/l, dual clutch gearboxes, maximum speed, twin turbos, being able to drive it super fast despite being an idiot, muh luxury

Also Americans are dumb so they go for the dumb solution and sometime they win.
You want luxury then you want a big and comfortable car
supercharger cant pass emission then lets use a turbo and make the fastest heap of trash ever made
you want fun then you want a manual and or a v8

Although Cadillac is getting pretty communist
but 500cc per cylinder is optimal

funny thing is, we don't see many 4.0l V8s anywhere in the world outside of exotics.

What is 1UZ

I didn't say the don't exist, I'm just saying they are very rare

>but 500cc per cylinder is optimal
prove it with german engineering

germans like displacement as much as americans

>it just means weight reduction

>germans like displacement as much as americans

So we have a 8 Liter W16 from nazi land and a 8 Liter V10 from burger land.

Time for an 8 liter something from japan. (obviously wont happen in todays climate but i can dream)

Because they're pretentious assholes. Just let them be in their overpriced, shrunked houses.

>compensate for all this weight by inventing new weaves of carbon fibre which are lighter than air

Lexus literally did this with the LFA

>go kart

500cc is good for mememobiles(guess where the 86 of ae 86 come from) and boring german crap if a car can be more fun with more displacement then its great but a something boring like an elantra should have a two liter.
>inb4 the North american golf use a 2.5

we need screaming 1 liter flat 2 engines for hot hatches. slap a turbo on for R version

friendly reminder

Yeah but your mom cant give me road head while im driving the mono

Cause you get fucked in the EU.

Co2 emmissions (Taxes, insurance ), benzin priece, most life in the city/ have a flat instead a house no space.

The social part:

you get hate from the green 68 generation hippies and there offspring. A friend of mine has an e46 m3, got his car keyed twice!

This and "muh prestige" "muh luxery" " i payed more for my car = i have more money than you :^)"

I drive a black Ford Focus MK1 station wagon (im 20, my first car, paid be myself and not by daddy) and nearly everyone beefs you. "Is no real car" "muh not german" "muh station wagons are for old people" "ma 2 door A-Class is better cause its a Mercedes and not a Fuhrd"

I live on the bavarian countryside.

>Why do Europeans hate fun?
i dont know, do they? after all they do make rear wheel drive twin turbo v12 commuters while americans made the pt cruiser :^)

They actually race so laptimes, weight, and fuel consumption do, believe it or not, matter

For burgerstan's retarded road requirements

>hurr its a car you need crash safety and emissions
>"it's a motorcycle but with four wheels"
>oh nevermind

nurburgring lap time? oh wait, there is none
keep cherry picking paid american reviews tho

>thermal club raceway
>Porsche 918 Spyder James Sofronas 1:17.18
>Dodge Viper ACR (Mk V) James Sofronas 1:21.86
>Porsche 911 GT3 RS (991) Alec Udell 1:22.64

>thermal club raceway long
>Porsche 918 Spyder Alec Udell 2:10.21
>Dodge Viper ACR (Mk V) Alec Udell 2:14.63

but at least the barely street legal track car is only half a second faster than a naturally aspirated 6 cylinder beetle :^)

>NA
>6 cylinders

you forgot
>....in the quarter mile

>oversized
Can we fucking stop this meme

thats retard fun grew out of it when I was 16

theres much more fun to be had but I guess if you dont have the mental capacity you take what you can get

C U T E
U
T
E

>manual transmission
and spotted the shitpost
Why can't americans enjoy a simple manual?

> Lada drift
>it's fiat 126
fucking Americans I swear

>Bayern
war klar, Drecksloch :^)

They don't. In fact people drop their jaws in awe and start taking a million pictures if you drive around in some 'murrican muscle here, its like driving around in an exotic supercar.

I definitely remember an episode of Top Gear where Clarkson raced a GT500 against a train or something. when he parked it people got out their phones for photos. that will probably die down some since the Mustang is officially available in RHD and all over europe so they should get their fill now that they can finally buy it.

There was another article about some engineers at koenigsegg who drove very mundane or odd cars some of which being a Opel Kadett, 69 Camaro and Charger, 240SX and an 88 Grand Marquis and what seemed like a stanced BMW 1 series.

If they were employees from Veeky Forums i wonder if there'd be none-stop shit-talking from all of them towards each other.

Halts maul du Preussenbastard eines Berndes. Bayern > Restdeutschland. Bei uns ist die Welt noch in Ordnung und nich komplett Kanacken verseucht. Alles deutsche was im Ausland gefeiert wird ist bayrisch!
Un eds hald di Gosch!

Heil den deutschen Süden

t. Badenbernd

American cars, at least the latest gen, are fucking awesome and this is from somebody who used to be fully into European cars (or at least Porsches)

It's sad to think though that this gen's Z06 and Viper will likely be the last mainstream manual supercars to be made and from hereon out you might as well just buy an electric car instead

I'm actually a Danefag. Orginal filename, but I figured it was too good to not throw in here.

How else would you describe a non-Turbo 911?

>A go kart specifically engineered on the test tank is lightly faster than the comfortable viper with a roof, a real windshield and upscale amenities

Rly makes u think

Bull fucking shit. Your pigfat "car" is literally blocks of cast iron and steel bolted together, yet somehow everything but the engine block either rusts, falls off, or melts in the sun from being shitty plastic.

>the comfortable viper with a roof, a real windshield and upscale amenities
>A roof!
>A windshield!
>Upscale amenities!
Yeah, it's a regular Rolls Royce you have there.
You ran out of things to list after the windshield, didn't you? Because the ACR comes with less equipment than an Egyptian lavatory.
Besides, aren't we talking fun cars here? But hey, enjoy your cup holders.

>Because the ACR comes with less equipment than an Egyptian lavatory.
You can actually get an ACR with a fully luxury interior tho

OR YOU COULD JUST HARDEN THE FACK UP!

not him but I hardened up like hell when i saw a viper in person.

You cheeky fucker, you!

or go to a track instead of a parking lot?

>why do euros hate fun?
>it turns out americans ar the ones who hate fun
>THE ONLY ONES IN THE WORLD
>european car: fun
>asian car: fun
>australian car: fun
>american car: the cup holders aren't big enough.

americans ruined cars with their cupholders and chilluns safety and too hard to drive bullshit
thanks armenia

Their only tracks are circles and all their roads are straight. Can't blame them.

>merican cars
>unpretentious and honest

>benchracing euronip shit to god tier american engineering