Kickststart Motorcycles

Does Veeky Forums know of any newer ones available in the US?

No dirtbikes ... looking for something for the city

To my knowledge no major manufacturers have had factory kick-starts since the 80s

There is aftermarket kick start kits for a few Harley Davidson models

Yamaha SR400

Thanx thats like the only one I know of - it just came out but dat 66 mpg!

Why would you want a bike that you have to kick start?

Not all wants are logical

You looking for some faggot beta nu-male sissy trap vintage hipster cuckold bike?

same reason why would you want a car with pop-up headlights

This guy is good.

>buying a bike purely because of a novelty

I ridden bikes less than 50hp only in the mountains, up steep ass 47 degree hills in which others would eat shit on and all I can say is the road is fine too.

ej650/w650 is the only other modern kicker i can think of, apart from scooters and pit bikes.

Put a faux kicker kit on whatever you want with a microswitch to your electric start relay.

While I think the idea is disgustingly stupid and wanting it justifies a shovel to the face until OPs brains run out his ears, it's an interesting challenge so here's a legit recipe for you.

Obtain a common Harley stock replacement kickstarter kit with whatever pedal you find attractive. You want the kit for the four speed transmissions including the cover, ratchet, spring and bushings.

The challenge is esthetically adapting this to your target motorcycle. You don't even necessarily need to mount the result to your engine cases if you weld a mounting block to your frame then mount the Harley kicker cover to a plate hung off that mount and put your microswitch inboard of the kicker cover. You will have a shaft to work with and you can cut the kicker gear partially off then form a cam to actuate the microswitch from what remains. Mount microswitch on a small, slotted plate so you can adjust clearance. To prevent accidental solenoid actuation you can use a hidden toggle switch.

IIRC someone made a faux kicker kit for Sportsters. Alternate option, fixed kicker which does nothing.

OPs question implies he/she/it is not a mechanic. The solution is easy. Pay a custom shop to build you a new Harley from new aftermarket parts. Use a Baker transmission (anything else is inferior) with the kicker option. Get electric start too because it's an asspain to retrofit.

If you don't have that kind of money, buy a used Harley clone or Harley and have it rebuilt to new with a Baker box with kicker. All the old four speeds with kickers came with the horrible older electric starter system you REALLY want to avoid.

OP won't do any of this of course and has no idea why he/she/it wants a kicker.

Kawasaki W650(Trimuph Bonneville copy) has a kickstarter as well as electric start. Production ended in ´09.

You DON'T want a kickstart only bike trust me. When you've exhausted yourself trying to start it and flooded the engine you'll be regretting not getting one with an e-start as well.

English please ?

Not really - commuting on a bike with backed up traffic is a breeze..
And i am not looking for a ruckus...

cool story bro

Well played - i want those too ... on my bike

Why not? I feel like out of all places people on Veeky Forums would understand novelty over practicality

Cool ty! I'll check those out

Although i appreciate the verbose reply that is waaaay too much work. Incorrect assumption at no mechanical skill though.

Winrar!

Legitimate concern...

SYM Wolf Classic. 150cc bike and perfect for the city.

ural

don't listen to this faggot
kick starting is technique not a work out
shouldn't need more than one or two kicks and you if you're exhausting yourself, you're doing it wrong

Ural's are expensive as fuck Фop Ho Peзoн!