TL;DR: worst case scenario for renting with people who are complete strangers?

TL;DR: worst case scenario for renting with people who are complete strangers?

currently in a dingy, 4BE/2BA $500/month apartment.

i'm thinking of organizing an 3/4BE rental in a better apartment ($1250/month) with 2/3 other people (don't know them) from my uni through our private listings.

is this a good idea?

i've heard stories of friends of friends who had their name on the lease and got into trouble, but not kicked out, because room mates didn't pay on time.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/2011/08/10/world/asia/10mistress.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Harem
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

how do I break into this place and start impregnating chinks at a high rate?

your knob would get grinded into dust by their steel wool pubic hair.

alternatively, get rich, buy some sluts and keep them in a slut village. this kind of thing literally happens.

bumping

> Rooming with strangers

It's a roll of the dice and if shit goes sideways you can lose money.

I've lived with 5 strangers. 4 of them were great, we had zero issues.

One of them was an insane method addict and I had to break my lease and move. I left my washer and dryer behind and lost my $400 deposit.

There's no way to safeguard yourself, there is just some risk.

My only tip would be, don't be the only guy on the lease. Make the other people sign it too, and have an equal deposit as you. Oh and agree to some basic levels of cleanliness, quiet times, and rules for guests.

Interview potential roommates before you let them rent? Or talk to your landlord.

Doesn't work.

That insane roommate I had, I met her a few times before agreeing to move in with her and she seemed nice. and normal.

A few weeks into the living situation she got more and more insane.

>if shit goes sideways you can lose money.
can't i mitigate things with a passage or something in a signed lease that states
>co-signers of this lease agree to compensate for property damage or be responsible to compensate for property damage caused by their respective guests

of course i'm planning to interview and maybe test their sense of responsibility/reciprocity before signing anything.

bump

Finding a good roommate is like a finding a good landlord - they're few and far between

no shit sherlock. but that's not even what i asked.

Good luck fighting it.

Something you should understand at a young age, there is what's on paper, what people will actually do, and what is worth fighting for.

If you have to fight for weeks and weeks, for something that is under $1,000 it aint worth it. And fuckups and scumbags are aware of this. So they'll fuckup the place, not pay rent, etc...

You'll have a happier life and a cooler head if you just accept that some things in life have risk and you can lose money.

In my example, sure I could have fought for my deposit and stuff. But who gives a shit. It was $400 and the bitch was completely psycho. I'd have to go to small claims, provide evidence, etc...

Or I could just show up at work and make that in a couple days.

Pick your battles my friend.

>alternatively, get rich, buy some sluts and keep them in a slut village. this kind of thing literally happens.

Will you tell me stories about the slut villages?

nytimes.com/2011/08/10/world/asia/10mistress.html

Squatters.

Just make sure you assemble a personal guard of eunuchs first.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_Harem

I once nearly contacted a guy that made a joke about how he doesn't wear weird animal costumes around the house. I then happened to find that he'd posted the same advert but with slight variations on the whole animal dress up fetish "joke".

Nice flat, good price tho.

And it can go total shit but you can always move. Mostly it's fine.

>And it can go total shit but you can always move.

Moving is always a possibility, but at times an empty threat.

For example, in the spring during one's last semester in college. Or spring in general: most places will have either been filled by january to may/june leases, after the annual leases. I'm pretty sure January to April are the worst months to look for place to move in quickly.

I actually had a landlord (actually my first landlord) who tried to keep my $500 deposit. a family friend of ours wrote a letter threatening going to small claims court and she refunded the deposit

while taking an $80 fee for cleaning expenses.

i pass by her property now and i see the room i rented hasnt been rented out, so i assume her reputation as a shitty landlord has spread. and she has great property near two unis in my city. i called her on a different number and she sounded pretty desperate to rent out. i ask what her name is and then i hang up

needless to say, the satisfaction i feel every day i see the "for rent" signs on her property is probably what cocaine feels like.

>your knob would get grinded into dust by their steel wool pubic hair.
boner pls

fucking fur suits and pulverized cocks in my thread

>their steel wool pubic hair
That shit is hot.