OK Veeky Forumstists

OK Veeky Forumstists.

Now that the FC NA and RX-8 are both around 5kish, why exactly do people love the FC so much?

>NA 13b and Renesis have similar reliability
>Similar fuel economy
>RX-8 is faster in a straight line
>RX-8 pulls more lateral G's
>RX-8 is more powerful
>RX-8 is barely 300lb heavier than the lightest FC
>RX-8 has 4 doors/seats (insurance)
>Both are apparently really fun to drive

So why is FC considered a superior car? Is the meme-ness of the FD rubbing off, or is it something different that only the rotards know?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VgZJPW9uuZk&t=4s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Coupe
>Appropriately sized
>Looks much better
>Better interior

This.
Usually sporty retro styling is more appealing then the tall rotund styling of more modern cars. I also believe that the Renesis is a less reliable rotary is it not? More common occurrence of it blowing than a 13b. Plus both were designed for different consumers it's the reason why the RX-8 isn't called the FE

RX8 doesnt compare....

this is awful

I love FC's but this looks like shit

FC is a classic
Plus the fact that a RX8 isnt reliable or fuel efficient enough to be a good sports/DD.
When the RX8 gets a bit older it will get more expensive

they are both cool desu

Early Renesis poisoned the RX-8 well. Nobody wants the good ones because they think they're all like the bad ones. The engine got fixed later in the production cycle but the damage was done. Hopefully the price keeps plummeting because
>Renesis
>Sedan
and we get a bunch of new r/o/tards running around the board.

You already have one in me.

It's amazing what one solid day of research on the development of the RX8 will teach you.

Can't fucking understand why people decide their opinions on cars from damn hearsay and memes.

Fc

no one wants an NA FC, they all are busy drooling over turbos

How are you retards saying a 25+ year old can is more reliable than a 12- year old car

The Renny does wear out faster in part to it's design in part to the shorter gearing and higher redline.

Resource life and reliability is not the same thing.

Resource life is how many hours/miles it can do before rebuild.

Reliability: will i get stranded?

who knows

the FC is ugly slow and old

its like most people have awful taste or something

I'd rather drive an old hatchback than a car with front fenders that makes it look like a dick.

Looks more like a hammerhead to me desu

The 13B is the LS1 of the rotary world. Everybody who builds high horsepower rotaries uses a 13B, or 20B/26B (same rotors/housings). All the aftermarket revolves around the 13B.

FCs had a turbocharged variant

FCs are older and therefore don't need to pass smog in more regions.

Lastly, the FC is an RX7, the RX8 isn't. What's cooler, saying you drive an "RX7" or and "RX8"? It's like saying you drive a "911" vs a "912".

Fc. Because pop-ups.

unlike the Renesis in the RX-8 the 13B from the FC/FD can be ported and overlapped BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP

hardly anyone actually uses a LS1 tho

its usually LM7 or LQ4

Huh, didn't know that. I should have just said "LS". All I've ever had was a 350 small block.

eh Im just arguing details

its obvious what you meant

You say that like there are a bunch of different rotaries to chose from lol.

busrider here who only borrow's dad's car

I see RX-8 for cheap around here in Canada, like only $5K. Not much over a cheap Civic or Corolla. I have at least $15K saved up in my bank (but I also have ~$15K student loans left over).

Can I just find a Mazda mechanic to help me with the rotatory engine or even do a swap with a more reliable engine when that time comes?

Rotaries are a bitch of an engine to drive. Unless you really want a rotary there's no reason to buy an RX8.

I kinda disagree from personal experience.
The RX8 is a blast to drive, and I love its body, doors, backseat, handling, etcetera.

I do agree that if you have no interest in learning about your car, and just want a car to forget about and beat, rotaries are indeed most likely a bad choice.

Don't make a purchase when you have loans to pay.
But the mazda rotaries are good because they're so easy to maintain. Otherwise, it's a good idea to look up Mazda technicians in your area. Also, check out this channel.
>youtube.com/watch?v=VgZJPW9uuZk&t=4s

rx8 doesnt have old car problems and has new car creature comforts
fc can actually make power

yea it does