/bbg/ ─ Bloodborne General

Arcane edition.
Use your A Call Beyond today!

Remnant of the eldritch Truth encountered at Byrgenwerth: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/489M5NBv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

first for micolash is our boy

I picked this game up on black friday, and just got the DLC a couple days ago. So far I've used up 300 blood vials trying to beat Orphan of Kos on NG+. I always die when he's at about 33% - 50% health after I've already healed like 10 times

fuuuuck! I had no problems with Maria or Living Failures, and Ludwig was a learning experience but I feel like I learned how to beat him fair and square. Orphan is just something else though

This shit makes me so sad

Gascoigne and Henryk did nothing wrong

Get better runes

Orphan's super hard, don't worry, but he's a fantastic fight. Orphan messes with your dodging instincts, one thing to do with him is rarely dodge backwards, usually dodge sideways, but it's so hard to get a proper hand on it.

He's relatively easy to parry and he's actually weak to fire, I believe, exploit these weaknesses.

I make all my characters in this game with pure white hair so I can say the knight's wig is my hair and not look retarded wearing it. Anyone else do this?

Fire somewhat, bolt and thrust primarily.
They say he's easier to fight in the water, but I never tried it.

>knight's wig

Just you. Baldy.

I can't think of a more retarded look than bald + knight's wig.

What's wrong with it? Turns any white hair into long hair and long white hair into even more long white hair.

Woops, meant to quote you

> Fire somewhat, bolt and thrust primarily.

That's not true, orphan is not kin. Great Ones arnt weak to anythibg in particular, only a certain subset of them and thier brethren.

Orphan of Kos defenses
> 183 Physical defense
> 183 Thrust defense
> 183 Blunt defense
> 183 Blood defense
> 274 Arcane defense
> 205 Fire defense
> 228 Bolt defense

He's weakest to physical of any kind, but Arc build's will get most out of fire. Using fire paper will help more than Bolt paper or Empty Phantasm Shell, but the damage buff will only be 20ish damage per hit (maybe even less).

Does it ever slightly unsettle you when you're farming for arc or blt gems and you gotta wonder what other gems you're throwing away that'd be perfect for another build?

Nope

Being able to sacrifice 5-10 gems and re-forge them for one you want could be a cool thing.

Or a Blood Gem Trading table. (they could balance it out, by only being able to trade gems of the same rank or rarity)

>farming arc
>choose chalice for pthu elder
>reach layer 2
>first thing I see if an undead giant mob
>run to the right
>mad ones and witch
>run left
>up a ladder
>black dark room of mad ones
>trigger invisible trap that summons red pthumerian undeads
>absolutely annihilated by red undeads and flailing brainsucker guarding lever

Oh my fucking Christ that was a horrible place

>getting sick of fucking witches
>decide to just run past rooms with them in them
>first room layer 3 has one
>second room has one
>THIRD ROOM HAS ONE

FUCKING W H Y

What glyph?

jemmjmpi

Be careful, user

is it even possible to take out one of these guys in a straight up fight? I cannot seem to dodge his axe and its enormous AOE impacts, and if he hits me once then he will hit me two more times while I'm knocked down because he's so fast

I figured out how to sneak past him and backstab him, but I want to know how to beat him one on one

Haven't done PvP much outside of endgame stuff on BL 98 and 114. Thinking of making a mid-level build to random invade throughout the game more.
What's a good level for that? Also, will I still have to grind for chalice gems to have any hope of beating people? I'm thinking I should be set just getting the gems at Mensis. I also don't want to twink people.

Parry him to death.

Where should you stop leveling arc?
50? 70? 80? 99?

Ludwig?

Laurence?

Orphan?

Nah, man.

Nightmare Executioners.

whenever you want to cut-off, tools scale all the way to 99 and weapons hit the second soft cap at 50

I didn't think you could parry him; he's almost the size of Cleric Beast and he comes charging at you like a runaway train

Depends on your build, dude.

I stopped at 70 and it works pretty well.

use a fast weapon and dodge behind him
he's like a DS2 enemy with all the poise and lingering hitboxes so you have to do the good ol' buttstab technique

I've never used arcane so I don't know shit about what the best arcane build is, or if tools are useful enough to invest points into.

>use a fast weapon
Is that just the solution to every problem?
Why does bloodborne even have slow weapons? They don't work with the gameplay at all.

Tools are decent, especially in pve, but ultimately bloodborne is still meant to played like a fast no shield melee character so your weapons will always be the main source of damage
this means that 50 arcane is good enough, but higher arcane is never a waste as long as you remain in the level group you want

You can use slow weapons to stunlock and smash stuff, usually slow weapons in this game have range or hyper armor to compensate
Like spamming axe or LHB r2s is actually super effective, though not as effective in all situations as a saw or similar

How much endurance should I have for a pure arc build?

I've been making my first pure arc build and I decided this would work well for a level 98 character with the Cruel Fate origin:

40vit
14end
base strength and skill
base bloodtinge
70 arcane

Tools I think all have S scaling and they can get some truly disgusting damage. I'm farming for gems at the moment, two +65 Arc scaling cold abyssals from Pthumerian Elder and a +27.1% arc triangle from Isz Watchers seems to be very good gem set up.

>Why does bloodborne even have slow weapons? They don't work with the gameplay at all.

They absolutely do, you just need to work on your timing. You can be an R1 mashing sawfag and it's fine, but to make good use if slower weapons, it's all about calculating range and timing, getting enemies to walk into your attacks, like a Hunter Axe charged R2. It takes more skill to use slower weapons which potentially do devastating damage.

But what's the point of all that work if your DPS is still going to be lower than the chucklefuck mashing R1 with a saw?

Absolutely no more than 15.

>takes more skill to spam hunters axe r2
yeah that's why I run into these retards spamming it with 2 co-ops doing the same shit

DPS is really not what slow weapons are lacking in, buddy.

F U N
U
N

Gitting gud and getting skilled, actually having he mental faculties to use a weapon properly. R1 mashing is so easy a monkey could clear Central Yharnam with a saw. Take a slower weapon, you actually have to think on the go and learn what to do.

The end result is all that matters.
Gitting gud is just as much about discerning the correct options to use as it is about pure mechanical skill.

That's because they're fucking idiots who can't into timing and don't wait for you to come to them, who don't try to land stuff while you're in the midst of an attack.

Its fucking bloodborne not street fighter just enjoy yourself you faggot

I find my enjoyment in playing optimally.

Str also has the stagger going for it. With Kirk can make every human boss a joke because the R1s are so good.

Then why the discussion in the first place?

I think the important question is if you find it entertaining at all. This is entertainment, after all. If you find enjoyment maximizing efficiency with no regard to anything else around it, that's cool, but other weapons exist because they are all viable depending on how much you want to learn them.

Other weapons exist because that end result can be reached however you see fit.

Post hunters

then you're playing the souls game wrong

Tools don't use stamina so Base END is more than fine.

Mensis is generally enough for FCs, though there still is a significant difference. With full korean gems you may be able to kill someone with one or two fewer hits

Bl43 for twinking
I had lots of fun with bl ~55 in Frontier with mensis gems.

Lads

The flail is in the game

But the Pthumerian warriors guy get it

>it's a "Fromsoft puts three regular enemies in a room and calls it a boss" episode.

Shadows of Yharnam, right? Where else did you encounter them?

>page 9

This, bl43 gets me consistent fun action in the frontier.

Monday's are the slowest, damn

You hunters snack on anything while hunting? Or is the blood beasts enough for ye?

Bloody Mary

just the fetuses of aborted children

Do you base your characters off anything? I based one of mine from pic related.

PS4 Pro performance benchmark when

I based mine off Jack the Ripper.

Never ever

fucking kek, this is fantastic user

>ludwigs holy blade is the moon presence influencing ludwig
>ludwig wrote moonlight sonata

HOW DEEP DOES THE LORE GO`

Neat, man.
I'd use Gascoigne's pants if they didn't have that goofy looking, shiny belt buckle.

The only acceptable usage of Ludwig's

LHB is fun and don't let any saw babbies tell you otherwise.

>LHB
>fun

>saws
>fun

test

pic related comes up and awoos into your ear
What do?

I'm pretty new on Bloodborne, and my first build is pretty shit, mainly blt/dex, and got some questions.
Been using the Chikage and Simon's, and I got interested in the Reiter, is it any good? I'm level 130 with 30 dex 40 blt, I can't pvp yet

wake him up

>eat beast pellet
>stunlock him to death because he's a frail little bitch

Reiter's great for PVP. Decent for PVE. BL130 is a bit high for /bbg/, though. We're generally a bit lower than that, but you can always make a new build.

Reiter is almost entirely a skill weapon.
I find it kinda boring and it has awful tracking

>take his cage off and wear it

>trying to make cute asian girl in creator
>it just looks like a thai hooker tranny

EVERY

FUCKING

TIME

why can't i into character creators, i don't know how people do it

Some user posted this abomination some threads ago, and I remember almost bursting into laughter in the middle of class.

Jesus christ, that's what I probably ended up with yesterday after giving up on the creator

Going back at it again right now. Fuck this sucks, I just want a cute asian girl for my skill/arc build

How many times will you retards learn? Stop trying to make "waifus" and stop trying to make "qts" in souls games. The art style literally does not allow for it. Just make normal fucking people. Jesus christ.

>weapons
>fun

I can't seem to find the chalice speedrun guide some user made a while ago. Is it still up on yt?

Bully him.

JESUS

>you will never be friends with Micolash and run away together from hunters, all while jumping through mirrors, awooing like total madmen, and discussing the kos(m)os, having the time of your lives
Why live?

Refer to
>>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
>pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Want to make bloodtinge build
>All the BLT weapons are locked behind half the game and difficult bosses
Ho hum

Upgrade str to 30, then kill Logarius with your starter weapon, acquire Chikage and start upgrading Bloodtinge.

Yeah I just realized I already have a character who has chikage just needed to level BLT

>Upgrade str to 30
>Bloodtinge build
???