/simg/ - Simulation Games General

WWII Forever Edition

Previous Sortie: A thread for all vehicle simulation games: racing sims, flight sims, train sims, submarine sims, tank sims, anything else sims which do not have enough traffic to sustain their own independent generals.

>Extra attention grabbing search terms for example welcome sims
/fsg/ /dcsg/ /fsxg/ /bmsg/ /shg/ /rofg/ /etsg/ /il2g/ /lfsg/ /tsg/

>/simg/ TeamSpeak:
ts3.nogf.moe

>Experimental website
nogf.moe/simg/

>/fsg/ Steam Group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/flightsimgeneral

>BMS download links
pastebin.com/2CDSgvZq

>Planefag pastebin:
pastebin.com/Zb0U61in

>Tankfag pastebin:
pastebin.com/EbdtnyPX

>Boat- and subfag pastebin
pastebin.com/JqTQWFFE

>Repository of various aviation related material:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3EQDvufMNdeTUh4SE9WV0txa0E&usp=drive_web

>OP pastebin:
pastebin.com/yXeNzrpg

>Example of welcome sims
Falcon BMS, DCS World, Rise of Flight, IL-2, Combat Helo, Microsoft Flight Simulator, X-Plane, Euro truck sim, Assetto Corsa, rFactor 2, Live for Speed, SAM Simulator, Steel Beasts Pro, Steel Armor: Blaze of War, Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942, Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum, Silent Hunter, Dangerous Waters, Train Simulator, Farming Simulator 201X, OMSI 2, DiRT: Rally, Ship Simulator

>Example of non-welcome games:
Arm*, Ac* C*mbat, W*r Th*nder, W*rld of _____, The S*ms, S*m C*ty, G*at S*mulat*r

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AHTOuAXAs6A
forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2981693&postcount=30
forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2979167#post2979167
youtube.com/watch?v=_A1oNNC8XLw
x-plane.com/pro/certified/
forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178005
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

))))

Real thread:

>watching someone play sim with a sidewinder joystick

jesus it makes flying prop planes trivial, it fucking sets a new center if you leave it still for a few seconds

)()()()()()())))(((()()()()()()

youtube.com/watch?v=AHTOuAXAs6A

this is guncam footage of a cobra, a lot of it against the iraqi army during the invasion

they're literally ground hugging and shooting iraqi soldiers at point blank range, if you did this in DCS you would get lazer-gunned at 4000feet by a technical

just ordered one so my wrist doesnt break flying helos

>not buying force sensitive Cougar

ree

isnt that the F-16 thing where you pull on an unmovable stick and it moves based on pressure?

isnt that shit for muscle memory?

>shit for muscle memory
also control bleed as well, but it does move a bit now

>le f-16 stick
>for general simulation

lol no thanks

tfw in safe space

gosh its pretty comfy

forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2981693&postcount=30

>Viggen anti-ship missile has target set during mission start

how does this work against a moving target? do you have to be aligned with a bearing to launch and the seeker head goes active at the markpoint?

How would they even coordinate this shit in multiplayer if the ships are combined arms n player controlled? Will they even have the coastal radars to pinpoint ships? Or is it this weapon going to be confined to heavily scripted singleplayer...

I fucking hope not

Tfw want to fly IL2 ops with simg but they only fly slavshit

Get the fuck outta my face nigga

But they dont

>X-Plane 11 is absolutely pathetic and all of its assets and features feels stuck in 2006
>B-But it's beta!!

Civsim scum is the absolute worst. Why are combat sims the only games with half-decent flight models?

Try out the LaGG

notice how much more damage its cannon does lol

if you want to keep your sanity fly slavshit in mp because russian bias

>Russian bias
Ralfidood is thar you?

>FSX
>Runs like shit
>Looks like shit
>Multiplayer is shit

>P3D
>Runs like shit
>Looks slightly better
>Multiplayer is shit

>X11
>???

Help me fill in the blanks here.

forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2979167#post2979167

Oh god pls no

>X11
>Runs like pitch
>Looks like FSX with some atmosphere haze and fancy street lights
>Multiplayer???
>Flight models are FSX-tier

>fucker used the dank MiG-25 webm for the other thread

Do not taint the based Foxbat.

We fly both. Usually which ever has less players.

>He doesn't fly with a German WWII stick

I actually love this thing.

idk it just feels like the 109 cannon tickles people more than anything

i tried the lagg once and it basically shatters a plane when you look at it

what's wrong with this other than RAZBAM being the ones doing it?

Oh and the sound is AWFUL. Literally sub-FS2004 tier. There's no fucking way any of this is going to improve by release.

ANIME

multiplayer skins were a thing in il21946

however all i saw was really shitty dad skins with flesh woman .jpgs slapped on and russians with mario? painted on for some reason

You haven't played on japanese servers.
youtube.com/watch?v=_A1oNNC8XLw

>Why are combat sims the only games with half-decent flight models?
Because generally speaking you're not playing China Airlines 006 and don't need to find out what a 747 does in a spiral dive.

It handles like a tank. It's close enough. Program the INS and get to setting those cabin pressure values.

I've literally just been flying the 109

we stack whatever team has less people

Becasue a random guy posted
Look at my models. And now its a razbam project. Which doesnt instill confidence.
Also want another guy making a mig23 and got a cease and dissist like ultra fast?

I forgot how much flak ships can put up, jesus.

Oh, mustn't forget one more thing. You know how X-Plane has CURVED. RUNWAYS. ? They're polygonal as fuck, meaning your plane jumps as you go over the giant triangle intersections. I'm pretty sure even amateur mods for rFactor from 2008 have better modeled tarmac than this shit.

Why do they include light aircraft and warplanes, then? Seriously, go try the beta and get in the little V-tail jet thing. You'll be wishing you were in a VEAO Hawk of all things after 2 turns.

>23mm or 37mm HE is more effective than 20mm

disgusting

Is not really RAZBAM, it's that other team that were looking for 3Rd party status.RAZBAM just hired them.

>Why do they include light aircraft and warplanes, then?
Light aircraft generally follow the "please don't pretend I'm an X-29" rule and warplanes are fun to play with even if they're not that accurate. Sometimes you just want the pretty 3D model of an F-22 and don't really care if it handles like one.

Though I've not really played with X-Plane except the older versions. My main (civilian) sim was FS2004 until like 2015 and now I'm just in an awkward mid-period where FSX is both retired, and too strenuous for my laptop that I've been too lazy to upgrade because BMS runs fine.

Incidentally, are you flying stock aircraft or have you pirated any payware? (I just realized XP11 is actually new, and not XP10 which has been out for ages) since that rule is always in effect with flight sims - you can get good A321s in FSX, just don't expect the Microsoft pack-in one to be any good.

If I remember right you can turn off curved runways, or at least you could in earlier x-plane versions.

Most of the payware isn't even working yet, kek. Besides, I severely doubt that any of those scam artists can salvage the flight modeling software in this thing. I tried several different brands of payware in FSX, and even bought a couple, and there were only about 3 companies that managed to make even slightly decent flight models. 2 that managed to have decent flight models and good visuals. As usual, the civsim market is just a giant scam for the dadcore audience that's too tech-illiterate to know how bad their shit is. A bit like the trainshit market.

No i know some dads that play dcs and still love fsx planes they dont care how it flies as long as it has the functionality

Yet the FAA lets you use it to scam flight hours if you've got an appropriate set-up and a special USB thing.

Which is interesting.

Link

Show me a better paintjob, faggot.

That's because real pilots used "simulators" even back in WW2. What they want you doing is flipping switches and getting muscle memory for failure routines. You learn to fly by flying, they maintain no delusions that civsims have even slightly realistic flight models.

x-plane.com/pro/certified/

Lack of paint would be better than manchilderen cartoons painted on a warplane

Yeah but what about that other guy that got shot down by ed gmen when trying to make it

Shit taste confirmed then.

>Big gay purple waifus pained on your faggy plane get you spotted and killed,
>meanwhile my camo keeps me unseen by the enemy who are now preoccupied killing you

Wait was that a real trailer or i am drunk?

DCS pricing and third party shit is going to fuck them

It literally means some walter mitty piece of shit company like VEAO can call dibs on a really great plane, pick a historically irrelevant variant, make it really shit and buggy and if someone did the same plane with a different variant a large of conginent of casuals who provide cash flow for ED would think "o thats already been made thats shit"

Aiming the missile is done with the radar just like any old missile.
What you configure in the editor is how the missile will behave, like eventual maneuvers, proximity/impact detonation, target priority and whatnot, the stuff the ground crew had to configure.
One of those things is how the missile is supposed to deal with tightly packed convoys.
You could either set it to single mode you aim the missile towards a ship or a group of ships and let fly whereupon the missile just locks on to whatever it detects first and goes on to do it's stuff.
In group mode you can instruct the missile to skip the first radar return and go for whatever is behind it or go for the first/third or second and third.
IIRC you could select single or group targeting mode from the cockpit but how the missile chooses a target within the group is what you set during the mission start.
You'll be able to go after whatever you want while up in the air and react to developing situations, just not alter the missile behavior while in group targeting mode.

Yep like those fags making a mig19. But if its for old planes you could make a newer version of it

>tfw cobra is reading /simg/ right now

tell us what the next three planes are, you have plausible deniability and your secret is safe with us

That's completely fine then

IIRC ED told VEAO to get their shit together, and the hawk made their pre release QC so much more strict

the 23mm feels like a 37mm

No, dipshit. There's a thread where some hyperautist detailed every tiny thing about the missile, here: forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178005

Will the Viggen save /simg/?

the MiG-3 will save /simg/

ITT: slavshit slavshit slavshit

wrong

ITT: dood dood dood

Can't wait to turbo body these autistic shitstains who propably play WW2 planes on blueflag too.

>He doesnt fly WW2 on the 104th
sit the fuck down

>literally just been talking about the viggen

>slavshit

swedes are slavs now guys

That was supposed to be the hornet's job

>tfw shit at shooting

OwO

Who wants to hop into IL-2?

I'll play DCS too I don't mind

The good il-2s or the worst one BOS?

>worst one BOS?

What did he mean by this?

You could have just said no instead of making a provocative post intended to start a shitstorm, you cunt.

The best one BoM

))))

Is Graviteam allowed

No, only DCS.

I'd say it's acceptable

You're drunk, it's game footage with mods with the Strike Witches dub trailer in the background.

Who made you the fucking governor of the thread?
Fuck off.

Who made you?

>Steel Armor: Blaze of War
>Steel Fury: Kharkov 1942,
Seems so friend

this is a dcs safe space plz be no postings of ww2

desu, just post about it and see. Loads of people here have played it.

i want anime back, threads so boring now

I just tried IL2.
This game is bullshit, the Russian planes are OP as fuck and the German planes are shit, when it should the the opposite.
Why do you faggot shill this game?
Also >unlocks

>Also >unlocks

Which game were you playing? IL-2: Battle of Bait?

I want you to go to back

Anime and frog fahs got banned for 3 days by the Teutonic delter.
This is the thread you chose.

What's good realistic war movies with jets or tanks that takes place post WW2?

>Post I don't like are bait
Kill yourself il2 has unlock even the most retarded cucks know that.

>poorfags

>Why do you faggot shill this game?
Because simg is literally 100% slavboos

>tfw you never get any powsiiii

Kill yourself, IL-2 removed the unlocks, even the most retarded cucks know that

>HURR il2 is the best guise
>But buy the super beta cuck edition so you don't have to unlock any planes in our (((simulator)))
Il2 fags are mentally disabled

Nah m8, you just buy the normal edition to get no unlocks.

Unlocks are only for Jews, you're not a Jew are you?

Have you even played IL2?
That's not true retard.

I'm playing it right now you fucking sperg. You don't have to unlock shit

>Resorts to anti-Semitic slurs
Nice argument stormfag
>>>/Pol/

* le shitpost faec *

Did you just assume my board?

Prove it.
I'm playing right know and I have unlocks.
Nice meme tho