My used options

So I am in a situation with limited options. A beggars can't be choosers type situation. Fortunately I do have a choice between two cars.

06 Mercedes-Benz C230 136k miles
Or
13 Dodge Avenger 78k miles

What would you choose and why? I have no further details.

merc if youre white
avenger if your not

That's hardly a choice and if you have doubts, I've got bad news for you soon. You're not on the good spectrum of intelligence.

A 10y old car with double the mileage vs a 3 year old with half the mileage and german import vs domestic.

Yeah, hard choice there.

IKR?

Why would you even consider the Dodge?

Honestly a hard choice.. Both are pieces of fucking shit but I'd probably go with the Dodge.

1/8 troll

Have you ever driven a Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep? They are so unbelievably bad it's funny. Most will have some kind of serious mechanical failure within 100k

Avenger, they are shit, but still better than a mercedes

Depends on if the Avenger has the Pentastar or not
If yes then the Avenger
If not then Merc

I don't know about newer Dodges/Mercs but I have experience with late 90's Dodges and Mercs. I've owned 2 Rams and a Grand Cherokee and they fell apart all with less than 140k. Transmission failed in the Ram, as well as both of them having cracked ass dashboards, heat didn't work for shit on either one, interior falling apart, clear coat failing etc. Grand Cherokee had a failed heater core, tons of electrical things had to be replaced (speedo sensor, headlight switch, vic). Transfer case ended up going out, transmission wasn't long behind. On the other hand I drove a Merc e class from the late 90's and don't recall having any issues at all. Maintenance was more expensive ("European Blend" oil + expensive filters) but all in all the Merc was much more dependable (and had almost 200k when I bought it)

Don't know if this applies for newer vechicles though

That's meme material and luck/owner care plays a much more important role.

The Mercedes is older, and is starting to creep up to the age and mileage where it's not simply about scheduled maintenance. Being it probably is an US car will be way more expensive to maintain it rather than maintaining a Dodge.

Yeah, I'd like to chose the Mercedes, but given the lack of info, I'd go with the newer Dodge and hope for a bit of luck.

Obviously doing an inspection on both before buying would be fundamental.

I have experience with both and I would take the Merc. But yeah I agree, gotta check them both out first. If it's a nigger driven merc no way in hell I'd take it, same with the Dodge though. I only buy my vehicles from whities

It always amazes me how burguertards go through transmissions like they're made out of paper.

Excluding clutch changes, and even those are for the abuser tier drivers, I've rarely seen complete and utter transmission failures. And I've been doing mechanical work for 21 years.

How the fuck are those your only two options? Get an Accord, Camry, or mazda6

Honestly the avenger is so bad I'd chance it with the merc.

Cash or financing?

THIS
OP, expand your horizons

>If it's a nigger driven merc
It's an older, bottom tier Merc, of course niggers have had their way with it.

in burger land there is more stress on the transmission because our families are fat as fuck and we tow big ass rvs everywhere we go

Also stop and go traffic and Normie's driving like fucking idiots gunning it everywhere, breaks wear pretty bad as well

I own a 2006 c180 kompressor
Can't praise it enough. Absolutely love it.