What's Veeky Forums's opinion on older Corvettes (C1-C6)?

What's Veeky Forums's opinion on older Corvettes (C1-C6)?

they're cars

they have four wheels, i think

they should make one where the engine is not in the front

my grandpa owns that car. its comfy

>lolleafsprings
Can't compete
How will GM ever recover?

If your grandpa own a split window your a very lucky user.

C1: elegant roadster
C2: classic sportscar
C3: early ones were good; later ones were malaise-era garbage
C4: living off of past glory
C5: start becoming good again
C6: good, but garish 2000s-era styling
C7: first real globally-conscious 'vette

I'm still shocked by their utter incompetence at including a trunk lid for 34 straight years. A fucking trunk lid. How hard can it be?

C1-shit
C2-goat
C3-meh
C4-cool
C5-cool, pretty fast
C6-cool, faster

C1s are mostly ugly
C2s are only nice as convertibles
C3s are meh
C4s are ugly blobs
C5s are ugly blobs
C6s are cheap Ferraris (what Corvette isnt)
C7s are ugly edgeshit

C1: they were first intended to be like Miatas as in a small cheap stylish roadster to cruise around in which i like and kinda wish they kept.

C2: It has the nicest ass of almost any car from that era in my opinion. i have no idea why GM didn't want them racing. they did well against the Cobra and i think they should've made this like its own separate model under the Corvette name devoted entirely to being designed with racing in mind and keeping the early small miata-like C1s as its own thing.

C3: Early C3s looked sleek the later ones got much less attractive.

C4: I really like C4s because they were being very experimental (turbos, V12s, selling nicely done up racing versions for the road (Callaway SuperNatural LM), Lotus/small block hybrid with DOHC ) i wish they kept doing that or got something more out of it to add to the Corvette as a trim. "Callaway" name should've been used for all future luxury trim corvettes featuring luxurious interiors and higher cylinder count or turbo v8s.

C5: this is where GM got the corvette back into international motorsports and manufacturer backed races in response to the viper where the Corvette should've stayed since the C2. Not my most liked vette gen because nothing much of note really happened unlike the C4 but it is a solid and overall good generation.

C6: My only problems with this gen is they should've made the ZR1 a successor to the C4 ZR1 with a DOHC setup reaching 600 HP NA and the C6RS (2,800 lb carbon fiber like a daily drivable road-going version of the C6.R) should've been a thing and stayed a thing.

Biggest gripe
>waiting THIS fucking long to make a mid-engine'd trim when they've experimented dozens of times even with rear engine configuration
Closest we got was the Fiero.

I love late model C3's, a nice 4.8/5.3, tarbo and a decent trans is all it needs.

Cheap C4s are a miracle and you should get one

Never thought I'd see so much hate for C1's.. For the time, those cars were revolutionary. Ford actually competed with them with the 1st gen T-Birds, but then they became turd birds

'63 Split window? WANT.

Corvettes turned into shite around '69 and have been shite ever since.

C1 BOOOOOOOOOOOMER CRUISER
C2 Woah BETTER LINES
C3 early, I'm okay with this. Later, what the fuck man!
C4 wow shitty 80's electronics in a wedge
C5 woah this handle better
C6 meh like previous gen but updated

C2 IS BESTEST

>C1 BOOOOOOOOOOOMER CRUISER

thats literally every Corvette

Hey, I gotta admit it is the most boomer out of the rest. C3 is second.

I want a white and red 61 hard top and a silver 63 split window so bad

Holy fuck there is no trunk, how have I not noticed this.

Love my c5z, want a c6 ls3 or c6z. Would take any c7. Cant speak on earlier generations