/sg/ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. General

BugTrap, crash to desktop, freeze/lockup?? Find your crash log.
Check your Documents or game install directories for the xray_[your name].log file. If you can't find it, look in the location specified at the top of fsgame.ltx. Copy the last few lines from the log and paste them here if you want any help.

>Start guide, beginner tips, and much much more
pastebin.com/FUPEbLiv
>HUD guide, modding basics, mod reviews, and AMK mod guide
docs.google.com/document/d/10yi79NUFhJrFO4hmGeKqaWSw35BJQv0Ve0OK94ioMEw
>Why Complete is bad and you shouldn't play it
pastebin.com/6AtetpMM
>Performance Guides, Steam settings
pastebin.com/nzXEevG7

>The Zone Manual: Every Mod You'll Ever Need for the True Ukrainian Experience
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=121125400
>Pasta summaries, streamer listing and more
cheeki.violates.me/
>STALKER General Steam Group - Join chat and ask for an invite!
steamcommunity.com/groups/BroZone

Reminder that MS Update KB2670838 breaks your DX10/11 games including Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat. Here's a fix:
mega.nz/#!LAAXlaIZ!uVbJ-gsIPm8Sn2ydh7btI_3VK7Mfr41qoO2L6M7FZfQ

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPC_Fort
pastebin.com/QvxKADVM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Mods and Repositories | Often out of date; use only as a last resort!

>Shadow of Chernobyl
mega.co.nz/#F!R5tnxQab!u1LS76bEVBuIrAZw6Py_3A
>Clear Sky
mega.co.nz/#F!NoVzUJLZ!g4Qdy88rL3BG7WTlNXsGOw
>Call of Pripyat
mega.co.nz/#F!58lwDISQ!P-UNABvTEA7km2fLUIAU7A
>Game Repacks + Modding Tools
mega.co.nz/#F!Ql5CSLxb!gNkfqg-xAUfYezLuMaFtYQ
>Downgrade Patches (drag-and-drop)
mega.co.nz/#F!M4BmDRCL!vfze70GSJDyv-HzWn7Dwww
>Unpacked Gamedata + GSC Backup HDD assets
mega.co.nz/#F!V5hBzKab!wF7fgX6m5Tq29B_m5EX69g
>Old Builds (dated from June 1st, 2002)
mega.co.nz/#F!kFtnBTSb!K-RlA1TVxlJGl86yE1c6fw

>Lost Alpha
mega.co.nz/#F!nJEUgaKS!UdZXAwzMWmtjwfn_dFM3dg
>Oblivion Lost Remake
[Gist] Oblivion Lost Remake 2.5.md (embed)
>Joint Pak 2
[Gist] Joint Pak 2.md (embed)

>Call of Chernobyl
mega.nz/#F!Z01CVQgZ!kzFOBdGnnehBSk1OUQm6PQ
>Weapon Soup for CoC Repo
mega.nz/#F!O0hSmBAT!0u8yH2lQc-7Q3-yN6phXhQ
>Call of Chernobyl/Warfare Bitbucket repository
bitbucket.org/revo_lucas/
>Don't have Call of Pripyat but want to play Call of Chernobyl?
mega.nz/#!uoYinJ7I!Lqj2DNIAkaVkcFUa1PLZzj80cVhAFK5D-9zbU2Iy5KI

>Codebro's 1.0008 Patch for SoC - enter "menu_fps_cap 0" in the console to prevent crashes.
mediafire.com/download/6644yv6xekn73rr/Codebro's 1.0008b Fix 1.zip
pastebin.com/CtQ7zfkA (embed)
>Xetrill's Modified LuaJIT for CS/CoP - improves performance, especially in script-heavy mods.
mega.co.nz/#F!BIISmQgK!KHZR01ljznUqJlcHUax-aQ
gsc-game.com/main.php?t=community&s=forums&s_game_type=xr2&thm_id=23321&sec_id=22

Previous Thread

EBR added to list

Bonus round

can someone tell me a bit more about OGSM

is it good? is it fun?

What's this weapon merge mod going to be called?

inb4 WEAPONSOUP

Weapongulash

No idea, I'm open for ideas

weapongulash, yeh i like how that sounds

Ayy here's some fresh OC for you lads.

nice.

someone said in the previous thread the sights were crooked, but it has a weird acog design like the mounts for the rail, so at first glance it looks crooked.

but after looking at it closer i see what he means. luckily this is easily fixed.
>see pic

When i get done my shit for today i'll re position the scope and see if anything else stands out..and run it through the sdk
or would you rather i just give you the .object?

also i'm pretty sure someone made some fixed textures for it as well, i'll see if i still have them floating around.

but yeah later tonight for sure, i wont forget.

Both would work I guess, I'm not used to work on models themselves so the second option would probably take longer

i was the guy that said it was crooked and people said i was wrong a few times before

heh, suck it stalkers

I only asked if you wanted .object becuase if you have to edit animations or texture path's you're gonna have to convert it to .object anyways.

either way, later tonight.
unless someone else does it in the mean time.

i'll get back on and check first.

Whats AMK: Sidorovich Edition and why is it there with REBORN

Sure, I'll take anything that can help. Thanks!

>all my favourite factions in poo tier

t-thanks

>bandits bad
Yea ok

Lul I forgot to make the thread

weaponborscht

potato

gunkitchen

Why are you poopoo'ing mercs? They're just doing what they're paid to do.
other than that, 10/10

Waffenborscht

don't forget the VSK-94

>snowflake rifle that isn't even in service in Ukraine
Fuck that triggers me so much. That also applies to Vintorez, Val, OTs-14, AEK-971, AN-94, AK-12 and other shit, that was even in vanilla.

Basically, here are the weapons that should be left in the zone (with WWII and CW military surplus)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RPC_Fort

Oh shut up you turbo autist. That rifle is gorgeous and fits the stalker thematic perfectly.

I think we're throwing the snowflake term around a little loosely.

If a gun fits in the theme of Stalker and isn't super rare/unknown, i think it'd be fine.

>fits the stalker thematic perfectly
Fucking millenials

It isn't rare in video games, not IRL

eh, i wasn't talking about the VSK specifically, just weapons in general.

Why are you on a video game board on Veeky Forums you middle aged fuck?

Is Bormann still here?

Someone tell him to sort out the animations of the Remington 870, that thing looks gorgeous but the animations are SHIT

My best bet would be to port the animations of the Baikal MP133 to it

Of course I am here

I'm now trying to solve why gauss scope is purple, even though all textures are in correct places and finishin the pistol sprint anims. On the other hand - Gauss and VAL from AO3 are in and working. I'll see about baikal

doing god's work

>I'm now trying to solve why gauss scope is purple
DXT1 compression?

Hmmmm, the texture is directly from AO3 and I don't recall it being purple there

Do you guys know any kind of punishment (besides poisoning yourself with alcohol) whenever you copy and paste backuped savegame folder from ironman mode

Is there a tool for CoC similar to the weapon configurator (you know, to align ironsights ingame) for CoP/CS?

I tried using the one for CoP but of course it crashed the game

I'm trying to solve the Remington 870 issue by just telling it to use the MP133 anims in the config files, that works but now I gotta realign them ironsights

hit your dick with a hammer

>have to put in a full clip when reloading a nugget, even if it isnt empty
im literally shaking

delete all other savegames you have at all, including the backup, only allow the current save and delete that after you die

whats the point then
unless its for engine and bug related deaths

but even those are canonical deaths

So like, when I die, I have only one more life? I might try that.

I'm "literally" doing my best ironman run and I pretty much went too far that losing all this shit would """""slightly""""" make me rage.

youre supposed to rage, experienced stalkers having silly deaths has probably happened in the lore
restart and learn from your mistakes

that's why you play ironman, now delete all backups and play like a man

Someo'e answer!!!!

Fuck you!!!!!!!
Kill yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ehhh, I suppose so, the fact that I can start new one and possibly get even further and better in the game is making me want to play the game more.

Thanks, I guess I will delete backups now.

Place this into the config:
pastebin.com/QvxKADVM

Fuck ou bkddyy asnwer quiestiob?!!!!

FIIUUUUUUUCK YOUU?!?!?!?!

One of the first things people tell you about in SoC is about an experienced stalker dying. Not silly, but neither is gonna be OP's

fucking mint

I'm gonna figure out the numbers for the attachments, just some basic math

Wait so OWR3's particles.xr has a crommcruac (creator of Atmosfear) folder, does that mean it's compatible with Atmosfear out of the box?

Now is the time for fine-tunning the things. I'm also waiting for the user fixed EBR. And I'm still open for any other weapons you guys want in your game

sexy

by the way I tried applying logic and calculating the aiming coordinates for the attachments from the ones you posted but even though the math is right (I checked, rechecked and checked again) shit doesn't align properly

Are you editing the correct parameters for sure?
Remember - Go down with the numbers, not up. The middle parameter is for height of the scope.
I'll wait for your response and try to help you

yeah, I think

I'll check again tomorrow, it's 11PM and got shit to do early morning

Welcome to the club m8. I'm going off soon as well

yeah. There's still some stuff to change like the pump on the shotgun not moving at the right time, the shell ejecting too late and the trap door not opening when a shell is pushed through but that's mesh editing I think

I haven't played Call of Pripyat in about a year or two. I'm installing it now from Steam.

What's a good relatively stable mod now for CoP? Looking for something that's all-inclusive, meaning includes vanilla bug fixes, enough polish to have 16:9 scopes, revamped gameplay, etc. When I left Misery was all the buzz, I think 1.1 was just released, but I could be remembering wrong.

why is the 9x39 bullet drop so extreme when every other caliber is "click head to kill at any distance"?

Any mods causing this? I love how accurate the Battlefield 1 reload animations are for bolt action rifles. It's very satisfying.

Misery 2.1.1 is up.

Though a lot of people are playing Call of Chernobyl now, go get it, it's sandbox and you can basically play whichever faction you want.

I'm on mobile for the next half hour and my phone hates the moddb website. Could you be a kind user and give a quick run-down of the differences between Misery and Call of Chernobyl? Never heard of the latter.

Because its a fat, slow moving bullet designed for suppressed firearms.

post your >misery
loadouts

misery is DUDE SO HARDCORE LMAO XD mod which makes hobo phase last longer but the remainder of the game easier than vanilla cop, it also has soup tier inventory bloat which is bad or good depending on who plays

call of chernobyl is basically vanilla cop with all stalker games map including useless meme maps like darkscape, no quests aside from randomly generated shitty fetch ones so it's pretty much just freeplay like cop after the ending

Do any of the weapon addons for CoC give me something like pic related?

I always figured something like this is what I would carry innaZone for mutants and Misery's the only mod that I've played that adds something like it.

Well the main differences is sandbox/story mode.

Misery has main story of the game where Call of Chernobyl doesn't, though you can start the game in the story mode (which I haven't done yet desu).

Other than that, CoC has lot of more addons and it also had an addon that add difficulty from Misery and all the textures from it tho I haven't played this mod yet so I can't really say much about it.

Those are basically the main differences, Misery is also harder but as I said you can put CoM in CoC and it will be just like it but in sandbox mode.

Also what said though you can make CoC more interesting by adding each addon to it.

Why does darkscape have to be so empty? It looks so nice too.

I'm not sure but I think STCoP adds something like this? I dunno I always keep assault rifles or snipers though I think I will get saiga-12 just in case.

because it dates back from when stalker was supposed to have vehicles and darkscape was meant to have an epic chase with them, no need to detail too much an area that you weren't supposed to explore in peace

pls respond
You know this always makes me think. If STALKER 2 ever comes to see the light of day, would you guys like it to have vehicles?

well shit, i guess this version of Misery makes it easier to find guns that aren't broken to shit.

Nice change from the regular version.

Honestly I'd like proper life cycles for mutants, gore and gunslinger tier-animations more

I'm using AO3 and it has it

Literally how?

2.1.1?

That's confusing.

Has anybody here made a let's play of any of the stalker games? Doesn't matter which game, which mod. I just need something to watch before I drift off to sleep.

Why can't women enjoy STALKER?

>go to gas station
>3 dead mercs with their shit in them and a few dead mutants spread nearby

I can picture what happened here: mercs got ambushed in the gas station but lost the fight.

These are the nice moments of Stalker and I guess this is the reason why it got so popular. The world doesn't revolve around you like in most hallway shooters, it's not about making you feel like you are in a michael bay movie. The world moves on independent of you, actors come in, live and die (mostly die).

The series doesn't even do an astounding job, it's pretty rough all things considered.
But the little moments make it shit and set it apart

There's an easy mode version when installing

Did you invite a girl over to your place and show her your awesome collection of rare artifacts and AK variants?

>picking up rookie mode

For what purpose though.

I don't know, ask the guy, I was just theorizing since I never saw a single weapon drop green in misery

Not rookie mode, i found some "enhanced editon" online that improves some stuff.

I think that specific screenshot i took had to do with a military guy surrendering or something.

Besides that, i've been finding the occasional 50% gun on regular kills.

Yeah might just fool us cus that's impossible.

Link then?

I think i found it on a reddit post.

Just type in "Misery enhanced edition" and it should show up on google.

>3 altfire stabs with spetnaz knife to kill a tushkano
wew knives in misery are a fucking joke

Alright thanks, I will check it out later eventually.

>stab guy on ground bleeding
>he stands up and pulls out a gun
>continue to stab him
>Get shot in face.

Yeah, they're pretty weak, now i just put a bullet in whoever is laying down.

no problem, i was gonna give the Les Miserables mod a try with TAZ, but i found this so i used it instead.

>every other caliber is click head to kill at any distance
To balance the VSS being and absolute rapemachine.
The VSS is the only weapon in addition to the RPG to have bullet drop, lol.

>he isnt preserving his mana

>no quests aside from randomly generated shitty fetch ones so it's pretty much just freeplay like cop after the ending
So what is there to do if not any quests? Are there any activities to do, or just work for money to buy better gear then wonder aimlessly doing nothing? It'd be cool to have a sandbox experience with new maps, but not if there's nothing to do in it.

How about AI improvements? Does the CoC mod improve the A-Life system that was neutered in the vanilla games release?

>Misery is also harder but as I said you can put CoM in CoC
What's CoM? Are these "addons" to the mod also on the moddb page? Are they easy to install? I don't want to fuck something up and have an unstable game.

I believe you can find Call of Misery in some russian site, just type Call of Misery 0.99a (latest version) it's with STCoP as well I think and some patch that translate the game, but I'm not sure.