Drift Missiles

Anyone here ever build a drift missile?
Was considering buying a $700 240sx, slapping a turbo on, adding a bucket seat and beating on it at Club Loose. Though I'm hesitant since it seems like an endless money pit

Other urls found in this thread:

speedhunters.com/2016/11/ebisu-retaliates-no-more-missiles/
youtu.be/4g4_jzqBJnA?t=1m30s
youtu.be/qadJ45s-sis
youtube.com/watch?v=N6maGXxNbDY
youtube.com/watch?v=YTTe4UYKN7g
instagram.com/p/BMnJCwzgwly/
instagram.com/p/BM73ZLhA8PE/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Every hobby is an endless money pit especially if it involves a Nissan

Haggard garage please go and stay go.

This is my drift missile. It's also my DD, and my weekend trackday car.

only makes sense in japan where they are cheap

I found a 240 that apparently runs for $700obo so its already pretty cheap

don't waste your money on a 240sx, a $700 one is going to be a shitpile

get an old minitruck, get rid of the bed and get some really hard leafspings and hard, old tires

skidz for day and will handle the abuse

Trucks are a lot more difficult to control though because theres no weight on the back and it would come out very easily.

its not going to be cheap, it always turns into more money and keep upgrading....

I started with a 1k s14 shell that came with coilovers and told myself it was going to stay cheap and simple.

Here I am 3 years later and about 15k into the car, it is currently drivable and have been drifting it but its still not finished.

Started yay gonna get this thing running and drive it.
Now its:
-LS1 swap 450 hp to the wheels because why not
-full pbm angle kit because need those epic anglez
-widebody kit to fit that epic angle and large wheels (still need to do this)
-and all the little shit that adds up to support the mods....

not to mention set of tires now lasts me 1 session if im lucky so looking at 5 sets or so of tires per event....

ughh fuck thanks for that perspective. I've been wanting to do it for a while but i don't think im financially stable enough to deal with all the shit that has to go into it

Do us all a favor and at least build a decent drift car. This is why S-Chassis are so expensive these days.

>Drift
>Missiles
>Missiles making a turn
Why are ricer fags the worst with names, bad enough they ruin cars but now they are just being straight retarded

Ryan Tuerck and Chris Forsberg both use the term drift missile soooooooo?

>Missiles not making turns
youtu.be/4g4_jzqBJnA?t=1m30s
((Eurobeat intensifies))

A missile as in its expendable.

good job outing yourself as a fucking retard lel

>drift missile
>"BUT THE BACK WOULD COME OUT TOO EASY GUIZE"

>says the guy who likes ricer fag scene

don't have to be so mad about your pleb-tier life user

drift missile was coined by nips
white boys with mcdonalds pay check dont uderstand what drift missiles truly are so they think their 'clean' shitbox with some rattle can paint and mismatched wheels is so

It's important not to just do donuts.

youtu.be/qadJ45s-sis
Great way to get into a coma

>difficult
youtube.com/watch?v=N6maGXxNbDY
git gud faget

also
>forgetting about transitions
youtube.com/watch?v=YTTe4UYKN7g
GRASSROOTS OR DIE FAGGOT

You're not supposed to spend any money on a missile, you supply it with used tires, gas, and maybe an oil change every now and then, but that's it. If you're spending money building a missile, then it's not a missile. If you're driving a missile on the street with insurance and plates, then it's not a missile.

Buy a crashed but driveable car at an auction, a cheap used trailer on craigslist, and go drifting.

>build
buy it and skid it m8

That thing is road legal? I thought Japan had strict inspections every few years

It's got shaken until August 2017. I'm sure if I get pulled over for a random spot inspection it'd be ticketed but fuck it.

Do you have any video of you doing skidz

as in you expect it to explode at any moment

I do on my IG

instagram.com/p/BMnJCwzgwly/

instagram.com/p/BM73ZLhA8PE/

How can you find a 200sx for $700?

These things are so rare in the UK and when you do find one its thousands.

kek they're not rare m8, no one sells them. most of them are rusted to fuck, ragged and generaly fucked.

>go to drift event in shitheap pickup.
>embarrass everyone there.

yes

I would take a rusty one, I just can't find one.

Damn thats cheap. Where are you located? Here in BC the lowest ive really seen a running 240 for is like $2000 thats been slammed and spray painted.

I havent done drifting but ive done auto x and rally. It gets more expensive than you'd think. I break things all the time and have had to replace/rebuild a number of engines and transmissions. Youre going to be replacing the tires probably weekly. Id say buy the $700 car and try it out for a while, dont dump money into it for probably a few months unless there are requirements for your track like a cage. If its something you enjoy doing then start putting money into it, its a better and more rewarding money sink than some bullshit like coke.. Id know lmao.

this, my old truck gets it burdy gud with only around 140hp and a locker. A 2WD RCSB KA24DE early Frontier with a low boost ka-t kit would be a beast.

>"people" who destroy classic cars for LE DRIFT XDDDD

>nip shitboxes designed for thrashing about on the track
>classic cars

>drift missile
pls go

yeah especially those GT-R Skylines modified to be RWD and gutted out of things that make them Skyline

Doubt anything like that has ever happened. The skylines used for drifting are GTSTs and other rear wheel drive models. The most you'll see is engine/front bumper swaps

>Gt-r
Yeah naww those are rare, most cunts will just swap an rb26 in or build an rb30 block to an rb25 head in a gt-s.thats plain taboo in the skyline cimmunity but swapping kinda isn't

almost every cunt runs their gt-s with a gt-r front end. dont get confused

Put a chair in the bed and put a fat person in it.

or moonshine like a true american

meh bump