NSX

It's in every fucking way a worthy successor to the original so why isn't it getting the attention it deserves

Beautiful Design > Ugly blob

slower than a new mustang
weighs as much as 15 1st gen NSXs

Because it isn't.

It's a heavy, electric, ugly, plush American piece of shit.

Literally everything the original wasn't.

It's ugly and big

Because s660 is better

only beaten by million dollar hypercars and a barely street legal track car
meanwhile the original nsx had its shut pushed in by lancers and imprezas

the 1st gen weighed over 1400kg, its pigfat too considering muh aloominum chassis and naturally aspirated v6

>American
and....

The new NSX is a better spec sheet. The old NSX is a better car.

first one was Japanese

>1400KG
>pigfat

lmao, if that's heavy then tell me what 1700KG is.

Autotragic and Ugly. That is all

>if that's heavy then tell me what 1700KG is
superior in every single way to the original nsx because of real technology :^)
awd, hybrid fancy tech, twin tarbos... this stuff isnt weightless

Fucking elephantine

not an argument

>why isn't it getting the attention it deserves

Because it's called the NSX. It tried to hard to be succesor when it is fundamentaly different from the original.

The GTR ditched the skyline name, even it is somewhat similar to the R34
The LFA could easily be called a supra but they figured it's too expensive to be anything like it.
The 918 is a new 959 in the way that it is (somewhat)technologically ahead of its time, but they still didn't use the name.
But noooo, then new nsx had to use the name for instant recognition. And that bit them in the ass.

American = Pigfat idiots making the homermobile
Japanese = Careful consideration to design, engineering and quality. vehicles built from a philosophy not ritalin fuelled burgerdreams

Duke Nuke em Forever effect. In development for too long, couldn't live up to the hype.

i don't think that dude was making a argument either it's american in contrast of the first one that was japanese that's all
so it can't really be the successor isn't it ?
it's like changing the author for a sequel of a book it's going to be different

literally the fastest fucking production car apart from a couple of Hypercars and you fucking spergs are saying it doesn't live up to the hype

>Because it's called the NSX
new sports xperimental? the original is fucking irrelevant in every single way and anyone who compares them is a braindead idiot who should kys
probably the same kind of people that get mad the mustang isnt lra and doesnt have a shithouse ohv engine

Oh wow, you're serious too

This. People were bored before it appeared in Ironman: The Vangengers

really? there are only audi's in marvel movies

ooga booga kys die fuck shit fag fuck

>coked out amerilard detected
Let me guess, you're the greatest. motherfucker. to ever walk the earth. amirite?
Question, why don't they even put 4 ICEs at each wheel why only one engine? And, why can't we break the 1000hp mark for vehicles under 80k?? Fuck. Nuke everyone except for me, of course.

Can you buy this car with a manual transmission?

>manual
Oh did you just get here from the paleozoic period, caveman?

No foglights on the new NSX is a deal breaker for me.

We don't need it. Meanwhile a manual rwd shitbox with a truck engine is smoking you fools

You honestly with a straight face would pick the left over the right.

I get Veeky Forums is contrarian and all but come the fuck on..

its... plain?

New nsx looks fucking unreal irl. Looks nothing Japanese at all tho

Shit looks like a Hyundai. Ultra random disproportionate swoops fuckign everywhere with no direction whatsoever.

I would take the left over right with a huge smile on face, I'd keep it too. If someone gave me the new one I'd sell it fast

I thought it looked cool af. Definitely busy design but it works. Might go as far as saying more attractive than modern ferraris

>Shit looks like a Hyundai.

Yeah, this times a hundred. It's this weird innocuous composite of everything boring in Japanese design at the moment. I wasn't expecting it to look as good as the original NSX, but come on, Honda.

If the left was factory fresh and had the improved 3.2L combined with a 6 speed? Yeah, I'd take left.

There are better handling, faster, more reliable, and nicer looking sports cars than the NSX. But no other sports car is as good at all those things as the NSX.

>Long salty honda fanboy rant here.

The new NSX pisses me the fuck off because Honda decided to recreate the absolute pinnacle of their brand in fucking ohio.

Beside the fact that it's slow and fat and ugly, we can't even call it the fucking pride of Japan because it's not even fucking Japanese.

It's designed and made by burgerfats, and of course they make the car that was supposed to be using technology to beat its rivals IN FUCKING OHIO.

Welp o btfo

id take the new one
old one looks boring and plain as fuck
mr accord v6 doesnt particularly interest me either

>accord v6
Fucking retard lol

It doesn't matter if the name is relevant you dense motherfucker.

When you say NSX, people think of a simple mid engine japanese sports car with no electronic bullshit, like an R34. This NSX is chock full of computers, compared to the old one.

It's like if ford decide to bring a monteo/contour sized car back and call it the sierra for recognition, despite it being a FWD only shitbox. People are going to compare it to the cossie and it's gonna make the new one look like poop.

I like it.
I dont like the price.

>1400kg
>pigfat

>transverse c series honda v6 in accord
>transverse c series honda v6 in nsx
yea who is the retard? me or you?

The original NSX was chassis tuned by Senna, inspired Gordon Murray to make massive changes to the Mclaren F1 before it was released, made Ferrari realize it couldn't slap a horse badge on shit and get away with it anymore, and overall changed the way everyone though about performance cars.

The new one is a hybrid Japanese/American Audi R8 wannabe.

>It doesn't matter if the name is relevant you dense motherfucker.
the name is relevant, NEW SPORTS XPERIMENTAL, get it through your thick skull you spastic fuck
the original nsx was a display of hondas tech, so is the new one. in no way is it meant to be a 'spiritual successor' or some autistic bullshit. now proceed to kys

>people think of a simple mid engine japanese sports car with no electronic bullshit
no, people think of the 1st gen NSX. they dont think of those certain characteristics.

>like an R34
r34 is chock full of computers tho? idk what point youre making

>People are going to compare it to the cossie and it's gonna make the new one look like poop
except the new nsx is superior to the old one, so your comparison doesnt apply
awd hybrid v6 twin turbo>na mr v6 shit

This x1000, rip senna

Nigger they are SOHC without VTEC
Completely different engines, the only thing they share is the serial name

>23 posters in thread
>no whore

>nsx was designed by whore for whore

Why are people saying its american? i thought the only thing that woman did was iron out bugs from the prototypes and/or try to get the production version to look as much like the concept as possible. I thought it was japanese design and planning but just happen to be built here.

Do people really think Honda of America has that much influence? even if they did design it i don't think they could do all this without an "OK" from the guys in Japan. if they thought it was an unworthy successor to the last one they (japanese) probably wouldn't have let it go this far since they run the company and all. Pic related could be said to be a american designed and built Honda. even the V8 that powers it was designed here.
>low displacement and high revving V8
wish they would put a v8 like that in the next S2000 i would cum fucking buckets.

Because:

>No longer a poor man's supercar, ditched it's heritage to compete with the GT-R and 911 Torbo
>Has been in development hell for the past five years, so any hype has long died out, it's effectively automotive vaporware at this point
>It's computerized and uninspired both in performance and looks, it looks like a pointy R8 and performs like a GT-R, both of which were well recieved in their inception, but trying to ride off those coattails half a decade later just seems too safe to be cool at this point.

/Thread

>he doesnt know about new 8 speeds manual transmissions

>No longer a poor man's supercar
original nsx wasnt cheap either, tardo

>It's computerized and uninspired both in performance
stop posting kid

Expanding on this further, the real reason nobody cares or wants one and you're seeing a bunch of kids turn their assholes inside out on the board over it is because the GTR already exists, the 918 already exists even though you can't afford one, The Ferrari, etc. It doesn't push technology in any form shape or fashion. The original was a great leap forward, this is Honda showing up late and yelling me too

if they had made this car in the configuration it exists in now years earlier everyone would be loving it, but since everyone beat them to the punch nobody is excited

you fags can't afford it anyway so you shouldn't be upset it was a mild disappointment

It WAS designed by HondAmerica. The Jap Honda okay'd it ofc. But they were too busy designing the all-new Vtech hybrid chainsaw to make a sporty car.

it was much cheaper than anything that gave a similar experience at the time, which the new one isn't

you need to take a breath and step away from the computer, I usually like madposting but you're just being silly

Competition is a lot more fierce than it was in the original's day.

There is no reason to buy one. Its like "Supercar: 2016" and not special in any way. Its not bad, its just boring compared to other supercars.

It competes with the fucking LaFerrari. That's punching above it's price range. Maybe it's a bit more expensive than the original even adjust for inflation and SOL, but it's still a
>New
>Sportscar
>eXperimemtal

meh engineering student here so the price of the new NSX is reasonably affordable

yeah and if they were doing something New and eXperimental for cheaper people would be excited, when you show up late with a cheaper version people tend to not care as much

I don't really see a solution besides just coming out with a hybrid twin turbo car much much earlier than they did

Mustangs are fast because they are structurally insignificant. It's easy to make a cheese piece of lightweight crap fast.

I'd prefer an updated original NSX. Change the interior and dash even give it LED light but the car was aesthetically perfect.

You can't compare either.

>change the interior

Alright. Honda Odyssey engine with different heads

Digital dash that many 80s cars had.

I'd prefer an S2000 style digital dash in that case

It looks much better in real life.
When I saw it, a whole lot of people's heads were turning.

That said, "the spirit" of the original NSX is dead.

>pigfat
>electric
>costs about 1.5 - 2 times as much as the original
dropped

As much as I like the new NSX's looks, the price is just... unreasonable. I would rather get a McLaren 570GT

I'm not sure why people were expecting the new one to be anything like the first one.

The original NSX was designed with the help of Ayrton Senna, and he's obviously been fucking dead for a good while.

Car nuts are worse than video game nerds when it comes to "muh badge" or "muh brand", holy shit. Expecting a new ANYTHING with an old name to be anything like the original car is absolute madness, especially considering something with constantly tightening regulations on its manufacture and sale.

It wasn't the BEST THING EVER, therefore it didn't live up to the hype.

no one cares about it because no reason to therefore no one cares about it