MFW

>MFW

How the fuck do rich people actually justify paying such high taxes to themselves?

How the fuck do they cope? If I knew I had to chop off over half my income to support Niggers and an overbearing Federal government i'd find every possible venue to avoid that. What the fucking hell?

Other urls found in this thread:

paulgraham.com/wealth.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Why don't rich people just move to a different country where they don't have to pay for everyone else?
Is learning a different language really that hard? Even then... Canada and UK are both english-speaking countries.

this graph is talking about regular wage earners like doctors and shit making 400k where the tax is about 45-60%. believe me they complain a lot. most actual rich people earn qualified dividends and capital gains and pay like 10-15% max

Because those countries have high taxes too

try r9k

>How the fuck do rich people actually justify paying such high taxes to themselves?
There is an answer, but you're too stupid to appreciate it, and you won't like it anyway.

>Not accounting for their ever increasing share of national income, the highest it'/ been since 1920

Suck a dick randfag

Stay poor faggot

I pay (w joint filing) 39.6%

Apart from the portion spent on military internventionism, which I cannot change, It seems pretty fair.

The industry I work in would probably be only half as profitable without the government insuring and funding the shit out of everything we do.

Without govt expenditure as it is, the clients we serve would cease to tolerate the profit margins we take on each service provided. Profitability and salaries would not be sustained at current levels.

So I pay to keep the wheel turning. Plus it actually goes to help some people... some of it.

It's called marginal benefit. As income increases so does the marginal benefit to society except at a certain point the MB line starts to taper off while the income line keeps growing. This happens with happiness gains as well, e.g. at around $70,000/yr income the amount of happiness you gain from making more money starts to diminish.

When you get paid that money leaves the economy and ceases to be of use to anyone except you. When you buy something that is voluntary wealth redistribution; you made some money and spent it on a good or service which you chose using your dollar votes. State and local taxes on those sales fund state and local government.

The problem is that you are not as important as the economy. When you start taking large sums of money out of the economy without putting it back in you start to have a negative effect on said economy. The government steps in and forces you to redistribute some of your wealth in the form of taxation. In the US, graduated tax rates mean only the money you make past a certain level is taxed at a higher rate in order to compensate for the decrease in marginal benefit which your personal income is providing.

No one is forcing you to spend all your money, but they are forcing you to give some of that money back in order to justify your existence in the economy. The economy allows you to make that money; the money doesn't magically appear because you worked hard, it comes from the pockets of someone else. They choose to redistribute their wealth to you and now you are choosing to keep that wealth outside of the economy.

This is an oversimplification, but mostly true. Trying to model actual cash flows in a modern economy runs into the halting problem and is impossible with modern computers. We cannot monitor all those data points using graph theory because of path explosion.

Wow, an actually reasonable answer? What happened Veeky Forums?

Fine fine. Da gubmint dun gibs it all tah naggers in da geto so dey can buys drugs and guns and caddylacks. Forget armies and navies and planesies dat protect ya frum islam cuz dey dun cost a thang. Derp herp merp. Also Jews Mexicans build wall tariff didn't say that best this best that best everything maga.

How is commie bullshit reasonable you numale millennial faggot

you come to realize that it isn't your money, it belongs to the government.

then you understand that you didn't work for it, you shaved it off of someone else's work.

then you understand there's always more where that came from.

and recognize that since you didn't work for your money you're not actually paying the taxes either, they are paid by your customers and your employees.

you also decide that taxes are just part of the cost of doing business.

you realize that taxes aren't even the most expensive expense you have to pay.

and you find your local property taxes are more than your federal income taxes anyway.

and you learn all the inventive tax write-offs that exist to allow you millions in untaxed income.

and finally you just have so much money that taxes are a joke, as is the idea of paying yourself a taxable salary.

these aren't lessons you, OP, will likely ever learn. Racists that resent paying taxes almost never get rich. Not smart enough.

>most actual rich people earn qualified dividends and capital gains and pay like 10-15% max

only good response ITT

Mfw entire thread never heard of Cayman+Panamanian+Monacese+Liechenstinian LLC's and Trust funds

Staying rich when you are already rich as fuck is a thousand times easier than staying poor when you are already poor as fuck. Therefore a mere 10% more in taxes isn't an injustice in any sense of the word

First off, /pol/

Second off, White Trash like yourself are the ones on welfare, not AA. This isn't the 80's anymore.

Third. It's not my or your money, it'll come back as long as its recirculated. I spend what millions I can and I give back the rest.

I'm more concerned that we pay (via taxes) for the bottom 20% to keep breeding. If you're a low IQ retard with a runny mouth the world would probably be better off letting you starve to death.

>open up shell companies in tax havens and pay them huge amounts of """consulting fees""". Then move that money to a Swiss bank account.
>repeat x1000

Congratulations, you now don't pay any taxes on this money.

Stop conflating money with wealth.

paulgraham.com/wealth.html

higher per capita you stupid fucking shitskin. How about you go back to whatever shithole you came from and start your own successful country instead of being some sycophant parasite in other peoples countries. I mean, since you obviously are a phd economist.

Oh get bent. You know what I meant.