#1 on street outlaws

>#1 on street outlaws
>can't even drive the car on the street

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DRO8kjCpuOM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Seriously, these "street cars" are a joke.

Thier all fucking pro mods.

barely being able to drive down a straight highway while battling killer temps with a team of mechanics following in a van behind you is considered streetable in america

all the top tier street racing cars in the nation are promod now

street racer =/= street car

lmao

its not funny user, its =quite sad

Check out drag week, OP. not only do they race them, they drive them over 1000 miles track to track towing trailers.

Not the street outlaw assholes, but similar cars.

to be fair in flyovers like OK you can get away with just about anything

>Not the street outlaw assholes, but similar cars.

Jeff Lutz is on Street Outlaws now

kinda surprised the guys with more sane cars dont give a shot at drag week tho

>Seriously, these "street cars" are a joke.
>Thier all fucking pro mods.

I don't think they ever claim they're street cars, just that they race them on the street. A lot of them do actually have plates though.

The fist season they were actually mainly street cars.

It's like Drag Week but worse at this point.

I watch it for Farmtruck and AZN tbqh

Boosted is pretty cool but maybe thats because I saw him at the local track (he lost to a diesel truck since he spun like a motherfucker)

also the *DRAMA* is hilarious sometimes

but yeah I miss the old days of the show

>Illegal to drive their cars on road
>Call themselves outlaws

Can we just talk about how shit Velocity is in general? The only show that isn't about fucking Boomer Bricks is Wheeler Dealer and that's all shitty Euro crap. I think ONE time I saw a Datsun on Garage Squad. When will they expand into things not rolling hunks of iron?

I hope you guys realize that most of north america only requires lights, insurance and registration to be street legal right? I could legally drive a 2500hp drag car or a F1 car on the road even if they require a support team/vehicle. Doesn't mean you won't get pulled over and ticketed every 2 minutes but still the worst they could to is give you a ticket for excessive noise.

youtube.com/watch?v=DRO8kjCpuOM

>I hope you guys realize that most of north america only requires lights, insurance and registration to be street legal right?
Right.
>what are airbags, "5 mph" bumpers, independent brake circuits, crash worthiness testing, etc.

>what are airbags, "5 mph" bumpers, independent brake circuits, crash worthiness testing, etc.

I actually don't know because I live somewhere not cucked to the brim. Here you would register it as a kit car and you're good to go.

if this is legal in bugerland i'm moving

Sooo you want a tuner/ricer show
They dont have one of those yet?

Cause ive seen wheeler dealers restore american shit like an old foxbody. I just cant watch it cause his short round counterpart sounds like he tries to comunicate but hes not quite there yet
>oi ook at dis cah. We coo ell dis fo a roight ahmont yah?

Can you even run a mile in those temps fatass? Doubt it.

I fukkin love team norrlands ascona.

Lies.
You need much more than that.

Depends what state/province. It's legal here. Feels good. Let me guess you live in some cuckhole like commiefornia?

Just tuners in general, like build an actual race car rather than restore ANOTHER 1970s muscle car.

Yes, but in Canada.
Fuck me man

these regulations aren't retroactive

The only problem I see with that car is with States that require insurance. I don't think any insurance company would want to touch that

>#1 on the street
>Actually drives it on the street
Dudes is bretty neat

put some aesthetic mods on it or register it as a "kit car"
bingo, no more problems
>unless you're in a fag state like CA

I fucking hate pro mods that are made out of muscle cars. I'm all for resto mods, but pro mods that aren't even street legal just kill my boner for muscle cars

It's 2mph bumpers.

Just dropping in to say this was fully within state complicity (had several cops ask me about it/take pictures) and was never pulled over in the year I drove it. No air bags, no seat belts. Nothing.

Even had a stack on it at one point.

And before anyone asks. Yes I was pretty much suicidal when I dailied this. And the radio and heat were both functional.

>insurance

>Hello, is Shecklestein insurance company?
>Yes, how can we help you today
>I'd like to insure a car I've just built
>*Click*

that's just not true.

>>what are airbags, "5 mph" bumpers, independent brake circuits, crash worthiness testing, etc.
Things that aren't required if it's not a production car.

They will, you'll just pay something horrid like $2000 a month and be allowed 3000 miles a year.

You can drive whatever you want in CA, there are no safety inspections. Communist states like Texas however you could never get away with something like this.

Nonsense, insuring a special construction vehicle doesn't cost more than insuring anything else.

>outlaw
I think you may have missed that part

>Nonsense, insuring a special construction vehicle doesn't cost more than insuring anything else.

You made the claim that
>you'll just pay something horrid like $2000 a month and be allowed 3000 miles a year.
Find a citation for that first and I'll be happy to provide a counterexample

>I'd like to insure a """"""volkswagen beetle""""""

I think they'd love custom cars though, they could increase the insurance cost.

>insurance is based largely on three things
>value of the car
>how likely you are to hoon said car based on what it is
>your age and gender
>really thinking a multimillion dollar race car won't cost a small fortune to insure on a regular basis
>implying the company won't put mileage limits like they do with classics
>implying kit cars as well aren't more expensive to insure due to the first two items and the fact they get totaled in fender benders and have zero safety features

You know by that, motorcycles would also be very expensive to insure, but they're stupid cheap.

You asked for a citation, but you provide nothing but baseless conjecture.

My state is considered "strict" for car regulations since we have safety & emissions testing for cars younger then 15 years old.

My newer Sierra failed for an airbag light till I cleared the code
My 240sx passes inspections with no airbags, fiberglass panels with quick release bumpers & a turbo back straight pipe

Those are for factory junk.

If you're not making cars for the "common man" you don't need anything except what's needed for OTHER people's safety, ie: horn, lights, and an exhaust that doesn't cause severe hearing loss to everyone within 50 feet.

You probably won't even have to do emissions

Now go for liability to others (which is all a sane state requires) and suddenly costs drop

>yes i was just hit by a kit car
>any damage?
>yeah he's dead
>do you guys do paint repair?

They're often made from really bad ones, in terms of condition because only the VIN tag is needed, and literally everything else is replaced. They're pretty much built from the ground up.

Many states include fenders/flaps on their list of required equipment, so some modification might be needed before you can drive your F1 car on the street.

That's cause motorcyclists are never in an at fault accident. It's only cars that kill motorcyclists.

Idk bout you, but If i was to go full coverage for insurance it'd be $1400 a year for my motorbike. and its only a 400