/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shit group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, December 12th:
627 – Battle of Nineveh: A Byzantine army under Emperor Heraclius defeats Emperor Khosrau II's Persian forces, commanded by General Rhahzadh.
1098 – First Crusade: Siege of Ma'arrat al-Numan: Crusaders breach the town's walls and massacre about 20,000 inhabitants. After finding themselves with insufficient food, they reportedly resort to cannibalism.
1901 – Guglielmo Marconi receives the first transatlantic radio signal (the letter "S" [***] in Morse Code), at Signal Hill in St John's, Newfoundland.
1940 – World War II: Approximately 70 people are killed in the Marples Hotel, Fitzalan Square, Sheffield, as a result of a German air raid.
>News
CK2 Monks and Mystics Announced
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/crusader-kings-ii-monks-and-mystics-announced.986031/

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6.1 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/1fmfcubzlrpxm6l/Napoleon's Legacy.7z?dl=0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first lol

based

Reminder to report and ignore R&I

Nicky

memes

Doing an alternate reality run where Austria split up in 1836.

Warning: nsfw

Just give that hungarian province to Germany alteady
Also whats wrong with you?

Are you a Persiapro? Show more of your games

>anarcho liberals in power
>randomly blobbing in based Slovenia
why

Slovakenia is unironically a good idea. I don't think a Czech union makes sense culturally though, though I understand the practical purpose of it

I deleted my old screenshots and this is my first Persia game in this HPM patch, so I can't.

>Iran

>declare independence by declaring war on liege
>war ends inconclusively if i die
>declare independence with a faction
>my heir takes control of the revolt upon my death
why are there so many autistic, formulaic rules in ck2?

then continue playing and show screens scrub

HOST MP

Are you a theocracy? Show pops.

But I'm tired now.
I'll keep posting tomorrow though.

We have never dreamt of incorporating into our Union any but the Caucasian race—the free white race. To incorporate Mexico, would be the very first instance of the kind, of incorporating an Indian race; for more than half of the Mexicans are Indians, and the other is composed chiefly of mixed tribes. I protest against such a union as that! Ours, sir, is the Government of a white race.... We are anxious to force free government on all; and I see that it has been urged ... that it is the mission of this country to spread civil and religious liberty over all the world, and especially over this continent. It is a great mistake.
t. based white lad

Paradox just confirmed he's never going to add event logs or popups to HoI4, because reasons.

HoI4 is pure shit, not even 6 years of dlc will ever fix that piece of shit.
I hope that piece of shit Podcat gets fired for incompetence.

ofc
G E N O C I D E

Proper Thread

I like the concept of Czechoslovakia, however I hate their borders. Way too long and narrow for my liking and their situated in the worst part of Europe; Germany's ass.

why are there 3 threads right now
just stop it please

>province gets drought at the end of winter
>supply limit drops below needed amount
>winter ends
>supply goes up shortly after
>lose 1000 men anyway
thanks cunt

Is it possible to keep your rightful share of Turkmenistan when you form it?
Even if you can though, I don't really see the purpose of creating it as Persia. Wouldn't you want Tajikstan and Turkmenistan entirely in your control?
Maybe HPM should add some flavour events regarding the Turkstani independence, where you can give all of Central Asia to them, demanda your cores, demand Turkmenistan entirely or demand both Turkmenistan and Tajikstan.

he will never stop me lad

I have the same stupid bug with every Paradox game. I can't get any of their games to start up fully unless I delete all the mp3s in the music folder and replace them with 0 byte files with the same names.

I suspect this has something to do with a codec problem on my computer, except obviously I can play mp3s and any other common type of media file in other programs (including ones that use directshow).

Hopefully others here have had the same problem and know a way to fix it. Deleting the music files is a workaround, but it changes my checksum making it impossible to join MP games, among other things.

Where the fuck is HPM, I want to talk to him about the bullshit of there being no Bahá'i religion.

The national anthem of Qing

Maybe those mp3s are "read only"? Try checking/unchecking this option for all mp3s (properties) and run as admin.

DELETE THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW

should I puppet or conquer china's ass?

this tb h desu all of this right here is rightful persian clay

>tfw back from the net cafe and cops didn't get me

Yo, your fatty Franz Ferdinand didn't see Princip's pistol
Too busy guzzling his tenth wiener schnitzel
Popped a cap in his ass for my Black Hand brothers
Shave off that 'tache, it's bigger than your mother's!
Now just like your bald head you ain't got no heir
I spit rhyme as your empire decline
Have you any notion of united Slav nation?
You catch my drift or do you want a translation?
Serbia got friends, yo! Russia's our homie
Think we're scared? Here's two words for you:
Blow me!

that's what you think
we're onto you, Steve

If constantinople is persian clay, you might as well include the rest of Greece too.

>Americans clap after not getting shot the whole day

Too many shitskin arab mongols in this thread, can we get some real Aryan countries in here?

You want a war, Gav? We bring the pain, Slav
Blood spilt in Sarajevo gonna cause a blood bath, yo!
Russians, Mongols, Turks, my bitches
Best watch out 'cos my trigger finger itches
You're tiresome, you're irksome
Like a Slavic Jeremy Clarkson

The clapping thing is disturbingly true to be honest with your family. The other day I was skimming past some stupid "inspirational facebook post" about a plane carrying a dead soldier's body or something, and there was a part where the entire plane starts clapping. It's like even the "fuck yeah america" americans are unconsciously aware of this stereotype.

Napoleons Legacy MP lads

dropbox.com/s/1fmfcubzlrpxm6l/Napoleon's Legacy.7z?dl=0

Checksum: ZLFF

IP: 68.226.105.20

In case you're wondering, it does have most of HPM integrated into it

rate my completely historical europe

>panuccispizzastan

rules?

join and we'll tell you the rules

What is this jewish bullshit? Why doesn't Hungary control Croatia?

Now tag to mazovia and punish your prussia for making such a mess.

Hard game

What's the ideal composition for tank divisions in Vicky?

They had it vassalized and probably would've swallowed it a little later but I forced them to break the vassalization in a peace deal because they came to Poland's defense

Actually Mazovia is my vassal

Honestly if I'm gonna tag switch to anyone it'll be France, they got involved in two wars at once and were completely fucked up. They lost half of their land, their vassals are rebelling, they went bankrupt three times, they went through the Peasants' War twice. Paris was so looted and destroyed it actually lost 10 development and it's not the most prosperous city anymore. Then they got into even more wars as everyone around them (like Savoy) decided to attack them like vultures.

Also I brought like ten different crusader artifacts from looted French churches back to Brandenburg an der Havel, like the Shroud of Tourin and a piece of the True Cross. France is totally wrecked.

or maybe I'll switch to al-quds, no idea how this happened but it's strange

Real thread (and legitimate)

Can someone tell me which rows tanks and planes replace?

Tanks go in infantry or artillery position?
Planes go in artillery or flanks?

Thanks.

R8 my Kleinturkestaniums game.

>cucked out of caspian sea
3/10

Look again.

There is no way to beat the Russians (15m pops vs 150m) and no Europeans want to ally me.
I might rerun this game though, to form a proper GrossTurkestan.

Why do we have 4 threads

>There is no way to beat the Russians (15m pops vs 150m)

You can definitely do it if you try your best!

R&I autist is triggered by not getting first post so he's shitposting here and creating yet another thread to make people think it's an ebin steamcord raid.
just ignore it and stick to the thread.
the world

One was created by an autist jumping the gun and trying to make the thread early to spite the R&I autist

Another was created by the R&I autist to satisfy his obsessive need to have the first post, even though he himself is shitposting in doing so

Another was created as a joke, a parody of how we have too many threads, and another was made as a parody of that parody, in order to add on to the joke that competing threads are meaningless and who has the first post doesn't matter at all.

Because R&I is a faggot. He started his thread 10 minutes after this one ALREADY has 10-15 posts, and got it bumped by baiting retards into spamming W&B.

Hopefully it will get deleted soon.

I tried 3 times already and got rekt already and I have all the military techs. They just spam 200 stacks of conscripts and invite their turkish friends to the fiesta.

You can always do a little better! Use your abilities to their full extent and victory will surely be yours!

cucked again

No user. They are the cucks. Even if they are the larger China, we are the best one to live at.

Hey guys, where can I find 3.04 patch
Google failed me

Huh? Who the hell is that?

try Bing

Literally V2 wiki you faggot.

>there are no perfect bor-

yeah, Portugal looks great

nothing to do with us

The Greece positioning got me

Back to the story, the story of doom
For poor tiny Serbia's about to go boom!
You hear me, assassin? Our troops are massin'
Get ready for the bombing, the shootin', the gassin'
Here is the deal yo! Shit just got real yo!
You'll be crushed under Austro-Hungary's heel yo!
I'll kick you in the Balkans and degrade Belgrade
Even if those Russians are rushin' to your aid

>not a drop of Austria in Austria
>not a drop of Greece in Greece
>not a drop of Poland in Poland
>Pakistan
All things considered the German states are pretty aesthetic

Rate europa

Is there a way to make V2 automatically boot with HPM?

>Belaruse in Poland
Memes are too powerful

Yes. Instead of installing HPM to the mod folder like usually, copy the contents of the HPM folder to your actual install folder. You'll need a fresh install to change it after that, though.

>Taking the entire Istria
Disgusting. I hope you like having Italy after your ass

How else is he supposed to get sea access?

>pakistan
>maghreb
is this extended timeline?

So, after a few games messing around in Europe, I decided to try my luck with one of the Japanese vassal clans in EU4.

Tried starting as Shimazu, and it was fucking slow going - might be since I'm still getting into the game proper, but it feels like you can barely do anything unless one of the other clans decides to start fucking things up.

Also, on a more general note, what's usually better to focus more on - development or technology, or is a mx of both the best approach?

>my first tanks roll out on H-Dawg's birthday
Meme magic's not real, r-right?

Develop only good terrain provinces.
Develop diplomatically gold producing provinces.
I tend to go for atleast 9 development in all provinces.

By H-dawg for a moment I thought you meant Hillary

>those borders
Stop disgracing the Führer

ANSWER ME

Planes - Cav
Tanks - Arty

Japan is really shit in vanilla EU4, honestly. There are way too few daimyo and it's always either too easy or too hard to unify the country.

Try playing a mod that adds more flavor. MEIOU and Taxes is pretty good with its Japan submod, it has historical events and you start during the crisis of the northern and southern courts so that's kind of fun. But on the other hand, it imposes some annoying arbitrary limits based on your admin tech. Basically if your admin tech is too low you're limited to a shitty government type, and as long as you have that gov't type the number of provinces you can have is limited. Meaning you might expand and then reach a point where it's impossible to do anything more to unify Japan but wait for mana to tick up. It does have some cool stuff like flavor events relating to shinto and piracy in Korea though.

What should this place be called?

>Tanks - Arty
Nigger.

They have a siege and support stat, don't they take up the same role in the game as artillery?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA
>exporting fascism

For the moment, I'm just looking to stick to vanilla for now - again, still getting a feel for the finer intricacies of the game.

Of course, I'll be sure to keep that mod in mind for once I'm familiar enough with the game.

He has Croatia and has an option to take only Fiume, not to mention Bosnia and Dalmatia. Those borders are atrocious