What kind of car do 16 - 18 year old aspire for these days? When I was that age there was a ton of great cars...

What kind of car do 16 - 18 year old aspire for these days? When I was that age there was a ton of great cars. Sporty cars are dying. Americans Teens have fallen out of love with automotive.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6N_iPagQD-w
youtube.com/watch?v=FzOcW_W_OTY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I aspire to have a japanese kei van

Here in commiefornia, it's the Tesla Model S.

REEEEEEEEEEEEE

family friend's kid wont shut up about the R35 GTR, but insists on owning trucks. I think he just likes pigfat

I guess kids would rather drive hard an aveo than having a car that they cant afford.

youtube.com/watch?v=6N_iPagQD-w

>the R34/R35 Skyline and the Veyron are essentially the "dream exotic" car that people drool over

Cars people own/owned:

USA
>2 kids with Mustangs, one latest generation, other is early 2000s
>Cavaliers & Tauruses abundant
>drug dealers are attracted to the Saturn L-Series for some reason
>Explorers and XJ Cherokees are common
>rest are forgettable 90s sedans

Euro
>a couple VW Jettas
>ricer VW Golf
>one kids dad worked at a BMW dealership so he gave him both an E30 and an E24
>another kid owned an E46 sedan
>another with an E30 convertible

Japan
>ricer Civics and Integras
>a few last gen Celicas
>this one kid in his moms plastidipped 2007 Camry with cut springs and no exhaust
>lowered corolla(pic related)
>base lancers pretending to be Evos
>rest are 90s and 00s sedans from their parents
>one lowered GS300

t. current highschooler

Forgot to change your name, which you shouldn't confuse with subject.

Also, you were choosing between two Rotaries, don't even joke about the Tesla faggot

I'm 19
tho.

>Hicktown USA
>Kids driving around lifted diesels YEE YEE ROLL THE COAL style

Young kids are automatically relegated to the sub 2k shit box market unless they have their parents money

>'go 'za
No no no, you go back to Veeky Forums

18 year old here.
Looking at "affordable" cars (which are probably gonna be FWD because insurance rapes people my age)

>Civic Si
>FoST/FiST
>Mazdaspeed 3
>Toyobaru twins

That's about it. There isn't really much else out there that's affordable and fun to drive. I'm not a fan of roadsters, and the WRX is definitely fairly expensive and an insurance company's wet dream to insure.

>new car at 18

b18 swapped civics,dsm's, f-bodies, stealths,celica and 3000gt's, maybe an e36 or e39 if you had rich parents and begged them to give it to you instead of trading it in. My group of high school friends had a celica supra,eclipse gs-t, dodge stealth n/a, and two Ej1 civics(mine had a LS swap). There was also an autist kid with rich parents that had a scion tc with "lambo doors"

diesel trucks
GTR
Hellcat
flavor of the month exotics

Boogooti beyhueron
There will be some that will want a 90's nipbox to bash into a tree which is sad
Hell every young generation nowadays will always have that one group of Honda fanboys

>E36
>rich

Yeah naww bud, a very very clean one maybe but that's rare here in this land of salted roads

whatever's cheap, kids are poor as fuck these days

This.

Im 19, and I joined the Army. I worked my ass off and bought a 2003 Ford Mustang GT. I could have bought any other car but this is what I went for. And I know my cars, so that is what I love.

The Stang. It's American Muscle and Heritage.

95% of kids in America don't have the money to buy, maintain and insure a sporty car. This isn't 1972 anymore.

Ford really needs to stop sending marketing to Veeky Forums

>back in 05-09 senpai
all the upper middle class parents were upgrading to the e90/92

18 year old amerifat here, so of course I would love to own and build an affordable classic muscle car.. But I agree with teenagers not really giving a shit about what they drive, I would have loved to grown up in an era where other teenagers had pride in what they drove and worked on their cars

Tesla. R35 GTR. Lambo. Audi R8.

You could make a cheap car sporty, whether it's a Mustang or a Miata. Teenagers either are contempt with owning a shitbox that was handed down to them or just don't wanna work on a car or for their car

>fastback

I thought most of them sold them away like any filthy normalfag

>g ot my RSX-S after my enlistment bonus at 18, i feel yah dawg

Everyone I knew was into trucks 2 years ago and most of them still drive trucks and pretend to be cuntry.

Kids liked miatas and mustangs. I would also add civics because they're easy to get mods for, but nobody I knew had one or talked about them (except for a girl who didn't hoon it or anything). When I was a freshman there was one based kid who had a buick skylark (late 60s iirc).

I'm sure there are plenty who are into whatever fastest car is in ler current year -- come to think of it, I think there was a cringey kid from California who did.

>Also, you were choosing between two Rotaries, don't even joke about the Tesla faggot

This cracked me up more than it should have.

>Young kids are automatically relegated to the sub 2k shit box market unless they have their parents money

Lmfao when my first car was a 1993 Ford Tempo.

>I got it in 2010

For me its the s660 but im over 19 though. When i was 18 it was the prelude, i shit you not. Other people in hs wanted mustangs or imprezas. I was with the shitbox crowd that liked old hondas olds mobiles c3 Corvettes fbodies and fox bodies. It was an interesting crew in hs. No one knew what they were doing though.

My little brother doesn't really seem to care much about driving or cars, I believe he's got a thing for Tesla and the BMW i8

Recently turned 19, went to a private school so I was around a lot of sorta rich kids. So what I saw might be different from the views of the general public. Anyways. The normie dream cars were whatever niggers were driving in rap videos at the time. Just various exotics, the Boogaddi was real popular. Otherwise normie kids didnt really care, they wanted whatever their parents would buy for them, if their parents would buy something for them. Seemed like four doors was a plus. There was a lot of early to mid 2000s mid size suvs, and a lot of regular ass safe first car type of shitbox sedans. Half ton trucks werent uncommon either.

Richfag kids liked a lot of the same exotics, with some more common mercedes and bmw mixed in. There was a mid 2000s C300, a shitting dog style CLA250, an e90, and a goddamn motherfucking Jaguar F type R coupe. Nearly came in my pants the first time I saw it. Thats one sexy ass automobile.

The car kids, which there were next to none of at my school, wanted your popular tuner or muscle cars. There was an e30 m3, a Civic Si, an MR2, and a c3 Corvette.

I was the schools only redneck until my junior year. I drove a cheap ass Ranger for a little while, then a shitbox WJ, then Dad gave me his old 91 W250 Cummins. I fucking love that truck, always have, so you could definitely say thats what I aspired for. The one other redneck, a chick who transferred into my class Junior year, drove a fucked up gmt800 Silverado half ton. Other redneck kids I knew wanted various 4x4s, diesel trucks, and merican muscle cars.

Am 16 (please no ban) and my peers like the new Nissan sedan econoboxes for whatever reason. I personally would like a BRZ or to build a FFR 818.

Also that's just the normies, the half auto enthusiasts (almost no kids nowadays give two shits as long as it 'goes from point a to point b') like the Golf GTI and the older civics because they're cheap and we're poor.

Yep, me again.

Most people like muscle cars in my area, and American ones from the 90s and before are more sought after than modern ones (minus the rich kids, who want new Mustangs or Challengers).
But kids still take whatever they can get and many worry about MPGs more than they really should.

Went to a private high school in a decent neighborhood.

Mustangs and FRS were the sporty cars that people wanted / had.

Couple of white German cars, because Iranians.

Nerds were all on the Tesla bandwagon. Couple were on the "driver-less cars will eliminate car ownership for 80% of the population" line of thinking.

Most of the people there did not give a shit about cars and thought I was doing magic when I had to change someone's tire in the school parking lot. Those nerds that were thinking no more car ownership for many will probably be right 40-50 years down the line.

19 year old for 11 more days checking in

I drive a ranger but only because it's what my parents bought me. That being said I love it.

Probably the only person I know with a truck.

Living in western Washington most people I knew were into cars that were good for the environment or just flat out cheap. Though there was this preppy Asian dude who owned a Miata.
And some other dude who drove a early 2000 era mustang.

Everything else was pretty boring.
From Prius's to Metro's.

Only knew two other guys with some stuff similar to mine. One dude with a bronco and another with a wrangler.

Buy a fucking volvo 850 T-5, just do it user. You know it's the right choice

These days kids don't care much about high-performance as most modern cars are well out of their price range.

So they opt for style and cruising and showboasting instead. They usually end up with a bit older luxury cars and make them look high end. The ones that do know a thing or two about performance end up here in Veeky Forums and find some obscure 80's or 90's machine.

Why does that look like a toy

youtube.com/watch?v=FzOcW_W_OTY

Watch some Youtube. Lots of kids usually owning junker cars like Hondas or old Lexus and messing with them.

Well I'm 18 and my two semi-realistic dream cars are BMW e90 335i for daily driving and a Nissan Z32 300ZX for weekends.

Around here people just want square body trucks which I can't blame them for, but...

There's a huge rice scene at a local Sheetz every weekend and muscle is mainly dead except for 4.6 Mustangs and boomers with Corvettes on steroids. I bought a 5k turdgen and was the talk of my old classmates still in highschool. It's sad

18 here. I have wanted an old cadillac for years now. Going to be getting a 94-96 fleetwood with an lt1 under the hood. Dream car for me is a 76 fleetwood. 252 in long and 500ci under the hood. No i will not be putting retarded rims on them.

Here in Germany they want the most expensive Audis, some BMWs or Daimler. They don't want any "trash" old shit without entertainment system, air conditioner, etc. Probably don't even know any other non-German cars.

However, I can't even blame them. Look at the car industry. They don't even care about being attractive for younger ones. Their user base is now 50+

18yo europoor here. My parents let me drive their Logan sometimes, but what i would really like for my first car is either a civic hatch (ef or ek) or a 106 rallye. But my parents won't buy me any of those because to them anything smaller then a vw jetta is unsafe. And so i'm saving for either one of those, but in the worst case scenario i'll get a mk2 golf diesel.

I want pic related
A old Fiat 500
Second gen Camaro, 72 specifically
E39 m5

And if I'm really super duper extra rich
A Daytona like Crockett's

I'm 19 and I've only recently gotten interested in cars, the only reason was getting my license, prior to that I had no real interest. Once I realised how fun and stress relieving driving was I started to become much more interested in them.

to be honest its commuters who are really shitting things up
only the rich or insincere can afford decent cars

>What kind of car do 16 - 18 year old aspire for these days?
they dont. kids nowadays are fucking SHIT. they dont give a fuck about cars, they only care about leftist bullshit, environmentally friendly vegan meat, and watching their "girlfriends" get railed by other dudes.

i hate kids. my brother is fucking 19 years old and doesnt even have a license now, nor wants to make it any time in the future because
>OH YOU DONT REALLY NEED ONE OF THESE "CARS" THINGS NOWADAYS ANYWAYS HAHA :)

>R35
Wut

Nissan leafs and the electric golf.

>"No manual transmission, thank god!
>"Feels sporty to me!"
>"Doesn't make scary noise from the engine/exhaust"
>"I can charge it for free at home :) "
>"Look at me, I'm saving the earth"

>chassis code

>live in southeastern europe
>every guy wants a BMW / Audi
>girls literally drop their pants as soon as you drive one

i fucking hate everyone

>>girls literally drop their pants as soon as you drive one

I wish it was like that in burgerland. People just see you as an asshole driver ;_;

so they see you for what you are?

When I was that age, most of my friends drove 90s buicks.

Kek ;^)

>Dad gave me his old 91 W250 Cummins
Mines been in the yard nonrunning for 6 years now. Still get people bugging me to buy it at least weekly.

Everyone into diesels wants a first gen.

>joined army
>bought Mustang GT

like poetry

>Everyone into diesels wants a first gen.

I don't.

t. autism

Graduated high school in May here, drive a 96 Firebird Formula WS6 I got when I turned 16 and that was definitely on the higher end in terms of performance at my high school, which consisted of about 3500 people. 80% of the cars were unremarkable shitboxes from the 90s-2000s as one would probably expect. I think I was the only one with a 90s car that was still in good condition/looked fairly new. There were several modern Mustangs and Camaros, though IIRC they were all base model V6 and Ecoboost. Still the newest and best looking cars in the parking lot by a mile. Oh, and the few relatively new Mercedes Benz and 5 series BMWs that were exclusively driven by Stacies and were probably the most expensive cars there. The rest of the cars were all cheap modern cars, Civics easily dominated.

There were essentially zero unremarkable cars except for two seniors in my sophomore year, one with a 78 Trans Am and a guy who drove an orange 1975 Stingray Corvette, both in mint condition. I received stares fairly often too, probably because of my admittedly obnoxious rims at the time and the silver and black paint job I had that looked somewhat out of the ordinary.

>tfw dad always owned 3 cars at once in high school in the 70s that he paid for on his own
>tfw he had a 1971 mach 1 and a 1969 camaro z28 at the same time

16-18 year old me just wanted something that worked
22 now and want an all arounder and cheap like a focus st
Realistic dream car is an S4 or a cayman gt4

Actual highschooler here.

Idk what everyone is saying about kids not liking cars anymore, that's just bullshit.

The kinds of cars kids aspire to are stuff like Mustangs, Audis, Jags, G-classes, Lambos, Skylines for the Japfags, etc. and for the kids who know cars, it's stuff like Huayras, McLarens, Aston Martins, almost always supercars.

And then of course there's always ricer faggots who love to pimp out their Bimmer or MX-5.

Oh and at least in Florida, even in the cities, everybody likes trucks.

>I will never be a 15 year old american kid living in suburbia who will work a summer job until my 16th birthday in november to buy a shitbox for a couple of grand and live my best memories of youth in.

Should I just kill my self and hope I get a better deal in my after life.

I'm not a teenager (26) but I just bought my first car this week, a used 2016 Dodge Challenger SXT. I just got my driver's license too.

I'm new to Veeky Forums, and I know this isn't an advice thread, but if anyone could rate my purchase and/or give me a few tips on how to mod the car I'd appreciate it.

I bought the car specifically because it looked cool as hell and is made in the USA.

A couple of my buddies had brand new cars in high school, my uncle had a brand new Firebird in high school. You have to work your ass off and not spend any money, no partying.

There's a difference between aspiring to own and actually owning. Back in the day, most kids that aspired to possess a certain car would.

We're talking about what kids these days get. Which is not very interesting and shows lack of interest in vehicles in today's generation. Rightfully so when they have been educated about what oil and corporate interests would do to preserve the American auto industry afloat.

as a teenager in previous years it was viable to be bale to buy certain muscle or sports cars now not so much cars are pretty expensive these days. Not a lack of interest more of a lack of funds and shit is just super expensive.

None. The few 16-18 Year olds I know don't drive and usually hate the very concept of the automobile. The ones that do want cars only are interested "The day Tesla makes a self-driving Model S" so they can shit-post on Instagram & Twitter 24/7 whill listening to some douchenozzle youtube "Celebrity" review stuff they'll never actually get to watch/play/read for themselves.

>TFW I feel like I'm an old man at 23

I fucking hate kids these days, goddamn.

I've always wanted to go to America and have a road trip across it's most famous roads. Once with a 70's mustang Mach 1 and a second time on a triumph bonneville.
Right now I'm driving a beat up manual v6 but with how gas prices are now, a road trip like that in a car isn't really much of an option

I don't know if b8 or not.

V6 challenger is literally the worst thing you could possibly buy.

18 rn, would kill for an s13 desu

I fit in that age range, so I'll list the cars most guys I know are into.

There's a lot of love for classic 60s and
70s VW vans, the surfer vibe makes them pretty cool.

WRX's are pretty popular, as well as

BRZ's among the kids with money.

GTR's and NSX's are the dream cats for nearly everyone.

GTI's get a good bit of love, but a lot of guys are scared to get one due to maintenance costs.

Older Mercedes and BMW's are pretty common as well.

Of course there always the Civic, but that shouldn't need to be explained.

Evo's are a lot less popular than you'd think.

As far as offroad goes there's a lot of interest in 4 runners and Tacomas.

The Jeep Cherokee (XJ) is pretty popular, as well as the ZJ.

The only pickup property actually like is the ranger, everything else is considered spic tier

I don't know of anyone who likes the muscle cars, old or new, or prefers N/A to turbocharged. A lot of hate for superchargers as well.

ugh

Two years ago I wanted the classic Aussie Falcon after I watched the road warrior. After fury road came out, I was just into ratrods.

More like kill the S13

>be me
>JDM fanboy weeb trash
>see kids talking about cars
>try to get in on the conversation
>they're talking about the hellcat
>they're hyping it up like it was engineered by Christ
>I ask why they like it so much
>700HP BITCH
>tell them that there's more to a car than horse power, and how on a circuit the hell cat would lose to something as dinky as a miata.
>I'mprobbablywrong.jpg
>they laugh
>call me a ricer
>not wrong.jpg
>shout "at least I can drive stick"!
>they shout back "why would you wanna make driving harder, fuckin retard!"

The other cars they like include
>GTR
According to them it's the only good japanese car
>any American muscle car
>anything German except if it's a vw
Everything else is trash to them

Why am I surrounded by idiots at my school Veeky Forums

Well, they're not wrong. Anything German IS trash.

No I said they like German cars. You misread that m8
>unless your being snarky in which case the jokes on me

>335i for daily driving

pls no, 330i better for DD

>Implying it's not the Prius

It's okay, you're not the only autistic car weeb here.

can give my input
usa:
many parent bought auto mustangs some rebadged to 5.slow
trucks galore
euro:
faggot girls whose parents give them a bmw they were tired of driving also suvs
Japan:
350zs all around, all shit mods for attention
g25s are popular even though they're ugly as fuck
i drive a mk3 supra that gets some compliments and also have 240sx buddy has old jap car
rest are shitboxes, not many car enthusiasts most just want to show off parents money

>first car was a 94 Z28 in good shape
>bought at 16 for $2500
>put at least another $2500 worth of performance shit into Z28
>turn 18 and bought a 70' Malibu with a 250 for $4000
>sold Z28 for $4500
>swapped 250 for a 396 with money from Z28
>lowered it, got a cam, exhaust, headers, rims, and few other things
>finish car two months before graduation
>graduate with the only car that even the faculty admired

If a pleb in a fly over state like me can afford nice things, so can they. Just got to bust your ass and save, no fucking around.

Teens don't even like cars anymore because liberal brainwashing has turned them all into cucks who would rather drive a Prius because the gas cost is low. My little brother doesn't even care when he gets his license because he doesn't NEED it yet since my mom drives him around. He has absolutely zero adolescent rebellion or drive to leave home.

This is for you.

>I've never met anyone except these two people I'm related to

You're this whole fucking thread.

Things haven't changed, you people are just talking about the Veeky Forums kids. The only difference is you noticing that there are people outside of your nerd circle. High school kids have never given a fuck about what they drive, outside of a select group each year.

18 here. Dreaming of owning an s14.

I want a mitsubishi lancer, idk what the consensus is about that car but i want one