World of Warships Admiralty /wowsg/

War is hell edition

*****NEW TO THE GAME?*****
Tell us your server and get a referral code from a fellow /wowsg/ to get extra bonus credits/flags/XP and two free premium ships (one instantly, one after you research a T6 ship).

>5.15 (LIVE)
worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-515/

>Missouri Now
worldofwarships.asia/en/news/announcements/ver-05_15_1-patchnotes/

>Statistic tracker - Stalk your favorite wowsg:
warships.today
wows-numbers.com/

>In-game chat channel:
NA Channel: Search for 'Veeky Forums' channel by Antibully ranger
EU Channel: "Official Veeky Forums channel", password is "vidya"
SEA Channel: Veeky Forums

>Mostly updated guide:
pastebin.com/tfYw51Rr (embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>Clans
[BOTES] on NA Contact Preconista Full At the moment
[BOTES] on SEA Contact Benlis
[HOTEL] on EU Contact Rex1121

>Last thread (Cross-thread)

>Player of the day:
AnumatiCongrats on SL

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ITg4Ztt-IcA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for buff BB

Warspite is an elegant Lady!

>LunaticRed shitposting in Flamu's chat about PTS results

Kek

The bomb question was already solved. Now we know how those spinning thingies work, and there's nothing left to discuss.

Meanwhile, the question of how many hotel fags lurk among us remains unanswered, befuddling and worth debating.

>Player of the day:
>AnumatiCongrats on SL

>(embed) (embed) (embed) (embed)

>There are people out that don't like Shigure

Do NA players exist?

Also, have they added Organized team v team matches yet (strongholds in wot) or is war gaming still retarded and pushing the stupid ranked pubs crap where you can have the best game of your life and the stupid tards your matched with will drag you down?

Clans are currently in beta testing. You can join them, but they don't interact with each other in a structured way yet.

Can you fuck off with putting people's name in the OP? No other gen does it but since we're stuck with Tioga and Raptor, they'll keep doing it for attention.

I just put a lot of effort cpmared to my usual posts into answering user's question in a fulfilling way both for his benefit as well as my own.

All I wanted were a few (You)s for recognition.

Need to beat the old record.

It's like 3 or 4.
There's Abrach and Khan who are the big public Hotelfags, plus a few other anons who just seem to like being more anonymous.

Warspite is an old hag and it's good she was scuttled.

You pretty much named the only ones doing it.

Abrach stopped doing it a while ago so Khan's been the only one now.

(You)

I liked your answer even though I already knew how bombs worked.

Jerk!
Bully!

>KM DDs have a reduces smoke, almost 20s less than the normal ones
>The sonar was nerfed to normal CAs ones. Not CA/BB sonar.
>The concealment penalty of shooting was increased from 3.5km to 6km up to 8km in high tiers.

So the fun ended senpai...

Fuck off Mosh.

That's not what I mean. Can you choose a full team? I want to get a full team of competent players together and stomp face against other players teams that think they are competent. That's all I've ever wanted to do since the game came out and Wargaming is clueless.

World of tanks did it right with Stronghold battles.

REAL NEW THREAD (anime shitposters strictly forbidden)

>scuttled
She was scrapped, m8.

What's the difference? (Honest question, I'm not him)

How big is your botefu's folder?

Your effort is appreciated. You can have my (You)

I'm neither of those.
Hotelposter is still around AFAIK.

We used to have team battles but it was only at t6 and for only like 6 hours a day. Also, it was only 6 or 7 people per team.

Thread wars now.

I was the one who originally asked.
Here's a (You) for your kind and eloquent explanation. And a picture of some delicious sea food while at it.

>5"/38 dual mount calmly firing, trying to save her crew's lives as people run around outside in panic

Brave little guns ;_;7

Y-(You) too

So did they remove team battles without a replacement?

Scuttling means sinking your own ship on purpose to ensure she does not fall into enemy hands.
Scrapping means taking her back to port and breaking her apart for metal (the fate of many ships after the war, considering steel was in godawful short supply).

A ship is scuttled to avoid her being captured by the enemy. Oftentimes done in the middle of a battle, or in port while the ship is still floating. Its a wartime action.

A ship is scrapped when she's no longer useful. This is a peacetime thing.

I never said it was a bad thing.

and a ship can be both scuttled and scrapped

Clan wars soon. Maybe Spring 2017?

The teams are still around, but you can't battle so the only option now is to stream snipe or get everyone to press battle at the same time.

REAL NEW THREAD (anglocucks and other mongrel races undesired)

Fuck off Greek

Am I the only one cringing at warships being represented as teenage girls, or are literally all of you weeaboos?

>greek

American education

Technology of the 40s seems such a strange thing now.
Advanced enough to record movies and such, yet ships still being powered by steam (even if it's oil steam) and still having a lot of props I'd normally associate with wooden ships, like the tall spotting towers and such.

It's pretty disgusting desu, but sadly any kind of love of 20th century naval warfare is forever tainted by the use of cute anime girls for clammy otaku bucks.

Look just because I don't argue with my dick about everything it likes doesn't mean I'm a weeb.

If you're talking about animu images, they're not mine.
I stick to posting pictures of the actual bote because we already have plenty of other people posting botegrills and I think the real Hotels were pretty good looking anyway.

>yet ships still being powered by steam
user. They're STILL powered by steam.

>are literally all of you weeaboos?
Do you even know where you are?
Have a sister Sara(toga).

>be war blunder
>get BOTES
will they ever recover?

The Hotels were pretty aesthetic beneath bomb sights.

You can have both botes and anime Girls user, isn't a bad thing. Just look at the OP webm or the normal discussion.

Beautiful botes even when they were under attack desu.

Truly the prettiest ships ever built.

>The lights are off but I still work

Not for long, lol

When will they buff BB?

>tfw no qt hotel
>still 239k grind to go
Just end me, senpai.

>This game
>This general
>These clans

Don't forget to stock lots of credits for the running costs!

youtube.com/watch?v=ITg4Ztt-IcA

You can do it user!

>not making a profit in Hotel
baka desu senpai

Kancolle is a normalfag anime you fucking mouthbreather

t. Hotel

>tfw still at Nagato

>tfw she hasn't left port for 6 months now.

Next patch

Key Attractions
Changes to Bastion mode, it's now on the "North" and "Hotspot" maps.

need more fuel )))))

>tfw 80k away and no motivation to play

JUST

>tfw devastating striking nep neps and minotaurs with Zao AP
I hope people never stop thinking that she's just some HE spammer

That shit mode could only work on Atlantic because the map was shit from the beginning, so having a shit mode on it made perfect sense.

It's fucking retarded, I thought WG wanted to end the stealth meta. Was looking forward for KM DDs to shake things up a little, but I guess in the end no fun allowed.

>tfw the running costs are actually a realistic depiction of the ship's real running costs and the difficulties of logistics

I never really knew how nuclear powered subs worked.
I mean, I thought you could just turn the energy into electricity, but guess not.

You could try reddit

>Not treating your Hotel to a battle every now and then
I make sure to take her out at least once a week just because no matter how much I hate T10 BB gameplay I'll always get a warm fuzzy feeling from sailing around with her.

>tfw I skipped Izumo with free xp and I haven't taken hotel out once because of all the horror stories I hear.

IJN should've done like USN, and buy premium)))))

At last I realize the genius of Wargames all along.

Aren't nuclear reactors just large boilers, like basically the same shit they used ages ago, but with nuclear fuel instead of coal or oil or such shit boiling the water?

I mean I think its stupid and a bit odd but it doesn't bother me. I do wonder if such anime connection didnt exist if alot of people would have 0 interest, like chicken and the egg, which came first, influx of warship fans that decided to like the anime, or anime kids that said ooh a warship game. My only concern is that it's the later and that effectively makes warships a flavor of the month fad that, when it passes, the anime kiddies will move on to something else and that the game will become a ghost town.

From nuclear to gas powerplants, that's how you convert these resources into electricity.
It's called electromagnetic induction.

>Select all sushi

lmao France

That's literally any fuel based power system. Natural gas, coal, oil, or uranium, all of them are used to turn water into steam and the steam to drive turbines and the turbines to produce electricity/mechanical power.

You're late my dude

It's not all that great
>Smoke nerfs
We really don't need more ships firing from smokes. 60 seconds should be enough to cover a retreat.
>Hydro nerfs
Standard hydro is pretty powerful already in cruisers. And it will be even more useful on DD-sized hull. See: Lo Yang.
The special German cruiser hydro would be just OP.
>Invisifiring nerf
As it should be. The game doesn't need more invisifiring ships. Russian DDs already do fine without it. WG has even stated that they're going to eventually remove invisifiring altogether.

Oh no I lost this extremely important race to resolve user's naivete how will I go on

Maybe you should commit sengoku

You mean sapporo?

>He doesn't want more nuclear energy.

>commit sengoku

What did he mean by this?

Jones?

See, I would agree with you, if there were nerfs across the board for all DDs. But since its only KM DDs so far, it's really underwhelming. Besides, its annoying how they keep mixing up abilities. How is a new player supposed to know the difference between supposed german smoke, RN smoke and regular smoke when the ability is always called Smoke Screen?

>Not knowing of the ancient art of Sudoku

STOP GIVING ME SUSHI CAPTCHA. NOW I'M HUNGRY

DESU nuclear energy makes a fair bit of sense. When things go awry with nuclear energy the effect are relatively contained to a small geographical area. Or in the instance of a cloud of radioactive material entering the upper atmosphere, its effects are dispersed and still relatively contained.

As opposed to fossil fuels where under normal operations they fuck the entire atmosphere, and in a more insidious manner.

BUT ANUN MUH CHERNOPYL

Demo Expert or ATF for my Des Moines?

i heard ATF for sure if you division with carriers a lot, which sadly i dont.

but demo expert seems really shitty for a t4 skill

Youre probably right.