Why don't germans make anything like pic related?

Why don't germans make anything like pic related?

surprised to see that the Escalade is still in production. I would have thought the Yukon Denali would have killed it considering it has almost all the features the 'Lade has.

nigs love them

I live in a rich oil and I see hundreds a day. The new ones are leased by rich soccer moms the old ones are driven by nig nogs and brown guys.

They're not the same, you've probably never ridden in either. The 'Buran is damn nice but you kind of makes you look like a rich huddarite. The Lade rides better because Mag-ride and softer suspension and looks classier. The interior is a lot nicer and quieter too.

They make the Mercedes GLS Class you faggot

Previously known as GL

I actually have considering that I work at a Chevrolet and GMC dealership, we had someone trade in a new model Escalade ESV (platinum) for a bare bone stock Suburban, had a customer drive me aroumd for a test. Also the new Yukon Denali also has Magnetic Ride Control too, so if I can get everything I need in a fully loaded Yukon that has almost near every feature the Escalade has, then I'm sold. No need to shill an extra 20 thousand for a SUV with a Caddy badge on it.

This, and more are coming....

Optioning out a Yukon to 80k is pretty stupid when you can get a Escalade for 100k. The difference in the monthly payment would be negligible when you're writing it off on taxes anyways.

Those are lifted minivans compared to a Suburban or Escalade.

>lifted minivans

They will all crawl the same parking spaces at Macy's and Whole Foods...

Pretty simple.
German SUVs are designed to appeal to markets worldwide.

They're big enough to not look tiny next to an Escalade, comfortable and exclusive enough to be bought by rich Asians, yet small enough to still be maneuverable in a narrow European parking garage.

There's a reason why those large American SUVs don't sell very well outside of the American continents.

I think escalade sales are rising in yurop I already saw a couple of them. I think the biggest problem is that yuropean busriders, hardcore top gear fans and ricers shitpost on internet and in real life how bad american cars are and thats obviously not true. More and more people will realize this just like me. The funny part is that those shitposters usually don't even have a car or they are driving shitty twingos + they don't know much about cars anyway. anyway I hope cadillac will do great in europe

It would cost 3million in europoly monies

big body american suv's: built for niggers, soccer whores, and pajeets

big german suv's: built for young & old gooks, european whores

the demographics don't really cross. if niggers/pajeets were to buy german it'd probably be some beat to shit s-class. if gooks & euro whores bought american they would buy ats's or whatever that autistic crossover is that cadillac sells

GLS class is a size smaller than an escalade

Better question: Why don't Mopar make something like this anymore?

One word: niggers.

no it isn't dummy

>the infiniti
fuck theyre so ugly

That's a matter of distribution as well. Only the most recent Escalade is also officially marketed in Europe, so it's safe to assume that it's supposed to appeal to European customers as well.
However from what I've encountered so far American build quality is still not at par with European premium manufacturers.

They got a long way though when I think of cars like the Cadillac CTS from 10 years ago.

Not related in the least, but you're probably the first person I've ever heard mention Hutterites on this Mongolian moving picture board.

It's a car with Down's syndrome.

I kinda like it.
Maybe it's just my yuropoor taste, but I like the slight 1950s American truck look of it.

Probably because in Europe they are far too big. I have seen a couple in the UK and they dwarf most things on the roads. Many of our cities were designed many many years ago before cars were as commonplace as they are now so lots of narrow streets and small tight parking spaces. Even things like the new 5 series can feel big driving in towns / cities. I would hate to try and navigate one of these things through a multi story car park.

That and the engines; while fuel might be cheap in the US it isn't here and there is no point what so ever in having a "normal" car (as they seem to be over there) that struggles to do 10 mpg. The SUVs that are popular here (X5, Discovery, Q7 etc) all have diesel engines which give decent performance and will top 30mpg easily.

>They're too big
Explain the rising sales of crewcab pickups then. They're not too big - you can easily drive one around the Netherlands here.

>They need diesel engines
LPG exists, and Dodge has proven they can just put a diesel in there. Also, X5M, Range Rover SVR, GL63 exist - there's still plenty of demand for gas-guzzling big SUV's.

>talking shit about based Twingo

Likely too expensive after taxes due to weight/size/displacement

Where are all the Ford Exp- Lincoln Navigators at, we are luxury too and totally not Expeditions with a different grille.

Hell my LTZ suburban has near everything the escalade has, it just doesn't say Cadillac on the front.

they put all the retard trucks in the back row.

Taxes in a lot of Euro countries are based on weight, displacement or emissions - not size per se. Still, that doesn't explain stuff like the Range Rover V8's and such.

And why don't the Germans make any big SUV's for the US market, where those limitations don't apply?

>Explain the rising sales of crewcab pickups then.
Dude, company car tax breaks lmao.

And how often do you see an X5M, RR SVR or GL63 compared to a diesel base version?

I like it as well. Not as much as the new GM trucks, but the big infiniti truck just has a presence on the road that few other cars can match.

I would imagine a fully blown Chevrolet Suburban is bigger than a Ford Ranger. Not sure what streets in the Netherlands are like, but here in the UK a new Ranger is pushing it.

LPG is not a practical option. Too much of a compromise from an owners perspective and not to mention the infrastructure isn't there. Would be interesting to see one with a diesel engine though.

Yes they do exist, but they are very much a niche market compared to total sales. For example in the UK right now on Autotrader there are 1905 diesel BMW X5s for sale, and 195 petrol ones. If we limit it to up to 3 years old, we get 538 diesel ones and 7 petrol ones. With demand as low as that, it isn't worth GM's time producing models for the European market given the drawbacks already mentioned.

Don't get me wrong, I like them, but I don't think they are a viable product over here.

They're probably just leaving the market to the locals.
Developing a car that caters especially to the need of a certain customer group is only profitable in a niche market. The big SUV market in America is saturated and dominated by the usual suspects already.

DELETE THIS

I'd bet the Germans don't sell anything that massive the U. S because they don't want to ruin their brand image by selling a vehicle associated with blue collar labor or industrial use. Even though the big GM trucks are optioned out as luxury barges most of the time, the base models meant for work use are still fairly common and people often associate those trucks with those lines of work. German car buyers don't want to be seen in a vehicle that the local plumber could be driving.

They literally saved the best one for last.

Judging by how much our local RR dealership gets - about 30-40% are V8's.

>I would imagine a fully blown Chevrolet Suburban is bigger than a Ford Ranger
It's about the size of an F-150. Actually, exactly the size of a Silverado 1500, since they're on the same platform. In the Netherlands, I can get away with a fullsize crew cab pickup and a small trailer behind it. learn to drive, because if a lorry can get through there, so can a big SUV.

LPG is practical though. Modern systems with multiple port injectors offer identical performance, engines nowadays can take it, and your infrastructure needs updating then - because it's all over mainland Europe. In some cases, the expansion of gas in the intake tract can actually lower intake air temperature, and thus allow for a more aggressive tune - and more power.

As mentioned before, diesel engines in these truck are a possibility. Mopar has them (and is already putting them in the Ram 1500), Ford has them, and GM has them. It's just a matter of time before Ford and GM follow the trend towards diesel trucks.

>The big truck/SUV market in America is saturated and dominated by the usual suspects already.
But it's a huge market - so even a small amount of market share will yield to profits. Guess why Mercedes is building their X-class?

This does not explain why Mercedes still offers a base G-class suited for forestry use. Also, if base models don't account for a majority of the market, and you don't want to sell base models, you could afford not too build those base models without losing a lot of market share.

disgusting

The only reason why the G-class is still around is because it's an iconic car and profitable as a luxury vehicle. Few people actually buy the base/offroad models, which only exist to celebrate the G-class history and to prove that they still got it. It's more or less an alibi car.

Similar story with the X-Class. Mercedes is not trying to get into the working mule pick-up market, rather than trying to push into the premium pick-up segment where there still is little competition.
For some reason there are people who want a car to get down and dirty with while not having to put up with grey plastics and minimum spec on the inside. But that's an entirely different market spectrum we're looking at here.

the 'base' model G-class costs 80,000€

I heard something about diesel escalade for yurop market but somehow I would rather have a petrol v8 even though yurop taxes wold rape my ass every year

agree about 10 year old cadillacs but I think they are deffinetly on pair with germans now and even before (10 years ago) it wasn't that bad I think

No market because they're so big that you can only sell them in Murrika, and in Murrika the market is already saturated by Murrika's own barges. Besides they would first have to engineer a full size truck platform to slap another body on, because that's what these things are.

>It's about the size of an F-150. Actually, exactly the size of a Silverado 1500

nnnoot really. It's way taller, wider and longer.

>LPG is practical though.

Why is Veeky Forums always bringing up LPG? America grew out of that shit in the early 80's. It has shit power and most people can't handle refueling with a flammable gas. That and you can't park underground. It's even a pain in the ass for a BBQ, fuck running it in a car.

>It has shit power
It makes exactly the same power as gasoline - although it has lower energy density, which you can compensate for using it's higher octane rating. It might even improve your power in turbo applciations thanks to it's rapid expansion into a gas, and it's high latent heat of vaporisation.
>and most people can't handle refueling with a flammable gas.
Yet they manage to do so just fine with a liquid that continuously produces flammable vapors.

>Can't park underground
What?

>BBQ
With you on that one.

Damn, the suburban looks huge

Jesus fucking christ, I just checked.
5.7 meters long. It's almost as long as a maybach 57s, and that fucker is looong