>DEMON'S SOULS
pastebin.com/RjpF5s7a

>KING'S FIELD
pastebin.com/G8zw0sc3

>Community & Fanart
pastebin.com/vVWz9pJm

>old

Are the new Sorceries shit?
I'm guessing so since Frostbite seems like sort of an afterthought but I haven't really messed around with them much yet.

Second for best husbando

It's shit
Frostbite is completly silent though

Xth for no ears

Repost for new thread:

Anyone here play the older armored core games on PS2?

I'm making a game hack for Armored Core Last Raven to make the gameplay more dark-souls like, by making it more ground based melee shooting with more stagger/impact and dodging. Except there's no quick dodge / roll and instead you have to use cover.

Anyone whose played both games got some cool ideas I could implement? I've already done things like implement a more DS1-like poise system so that your weight class determines how badly you get pushed around, and more deadly melee / heavy attacks so that people can be killed in 4-5 strategically placed hits like dark souls instead of requiring a lot of shooting, and a more slowly restoring stamina bar. Still keeping vertical flight though.
Basically, if you had the option to add guns to dark souls and remove rolling, how would you want them to work?

Souls should haven't gone back to fast

>Who art thou? One of us thou art not.

Did this stupid bitch keep her legs closed because she thought she'd find "Mr.Right" Half-Dragon after thousands of years of waiting?

And she impales everyone else?

What a bitch

>should haven't
do you me shouldn't've/shouldn't have?

I don't really understand what people see in Sillyman but I'm kinda sad part of the Pontiff lore got cut from AoA.

What did he mean by this?

She was just pure.

So many people try to parry the 2h'd r1 on the spiked mace that I had to make a steam group to tell people not to

>tfw Dark Souls 3 is what I expected Dark Souls 2 to be

>I don't really understand what people see in Sillyman
He's my boss husbando, perfect boss

I'm mad about the cut lore of AoA, I'M MAD. REEEEEEEEEEEEE.
I'M ALSO MAD AT ALL THE CUT CONTENT FROM THE BASE GAME.

>tfw Dark Souls 2 is what I wish every MMO to be
Maybe someday

From software is so desperate to regain DS1 nostalgia that they even named the DLC with the same acronym

>Ashes of the Andariel

I'm back from work guys.

Not sure if I wanna go full melee with this character, or melee/pyromancy.

Its a character for PvE and coop only so min-maxing doesn't really matter.

If DS3 was a purely single player game and DS2 was an open-world invasion-based combat arena, that would have been beautiful. Then they could actually release DLC weapon packs and stuff for DS2 without compromising the single player

Given their track record, I'm fully expecting the next 3 games to be:
1. A new armored core game
2. A pure multiplayer melee combat game / MOBA ("something very different") built on souls mechanics, but with entirely different gameplay.
3. Another dark fantasy RPG with only co-op and duel arena online based on souls gameplay, but with entirely new mechanics.

I still haven't heard much about cut AoA content, especially not anything *explicitly* to do with Sulyvahn. Are you talking about the 'lost child' dialogue, or whatever it's called?

Melee + pyro can be fun.
You can go like ~20 dex + pyro and use dark infused weapons alongside your spells. Most quality weapons end up really strong with the dark infusion

Or you can go hybrid str/pyro and use shit like the Demon's Greataxe

Or you can go with the Onyx Greatsword and basically have all your stats in pyro except like 1 or 2 to meet the weapon's reqs

You know what this reminds me of?

Balder Knights.

It's too bad that wasn't something that got carried over into future games. I liked a mid-tier knight that was still a threat in early game but not a rare encounter like the black knights.

>not knowing that "the" is usually left out in acronyms

Does the Pontiff give you wood?

The "something entirely different" is probably going to be a mobage with anime art. Every japanese company is doing that right now because it prints money

Whoops, that was in response to

It's a shame that, for all the DaS1 callbacks in 3, we didn't get the Balder knight set. I'd love to get the restored version of that.

I wanna be able to try out most weapons in game except the ridiculous ones, so I'm aiming for around 20-25 str, dex will probably stay around 15. The rest is for Int, Fth, and Vit + End as needed per weapon choice.

>all the Artorias fanservice in DS3
>instead of getting restored armor we get this shitty abyss stained turd
thx A team

>leaving out "the"
>not leaving out "of"

That's not how it works.

Lost Child dialogue yes.

I liked the Lothric Knights better desu.

They were pretty much like the Blue Eyed/Red Eyed Knights from Demon's Souls except smarter and otherwise better too.

You meet them in the firat level of the game and then in the endgame just like Demon's. And then the game has other types of Knights for you to fight in the mid game.

From soft is here to make money for the publishers. Why would the publishers (sony, namco) pick from soft to make that over literally anyone else? It's not their niche.

Plus, they already have Monster Hunter Diaries when it comes to anime shit.

Given that their usual criteria for "different" is just the same gameplay in a new story, I'm imagining this is something like an actual fully new game with its own mechanics totally separate from AC, or DS, or KF.

Every game they have made uses the basic mechanics from KF and AC, the combination of which makes Dark Souls.

This is true for all their games, with the few exceptions like Lost Kingdoms or Enchanted Arms, or the times they were a secondary dev to a larger company like with Steel Batallion or Monster Hunter Diaries.

The Lothric Knights also feel a lot more intimidating with their closed helmets.

The Balder Knights were fun enemies, but I always thought they looked kind of goofy with their open facemasks, skinny legs and general animations.

The Lothric Knights do NOT fuck around and are much more aggressive in their fighting style too.

There is no A-B dynamic anymore. All the DS2 devs got fired and all the BB devs got promoted and replaced with new hires, who made DS3.

The only people still at the company who probably worked on anything before DS2 are just a few upper managers and creative designers from DS1.

Doing an Olgierd von Everec cosplay build, pls rate and help

The closest way to imitate his glowing red sword thing is with carthus rouge so i might as well use a bleed build with the carthus cancer sword.

C U T E

Is it just me or was she the most underwhelming character in the entire game? I was really excited to finally meet the fourth dragon slayer only to find out that she's a whiny NPC and fighting her isn't even an actual boss fight, or even a decent NPC fight.

What should I shoot foor, str/dex/int wise, if I want a SL120 build that uses immolation tinder and freide's scythe?

I liked the mix of open visor Lothicc knights and closed visor ones, but I somewhat agree, the closed visor made them appear more mysterious.

The Blue/Red Eyed knights in DeS were pretty dank too,with the helmets and weird glowing eyes.

I wouldn't say that the Balder Knights were goofy since their glowing eyes were still pretty creepy but using the Balder helm yourself looked goofy.

This is the same reason I liked the Heide knights. They had the best helmets and were very myseterious. The movesets and the slumped, deceptively limp movements they made really intimidated me the first time I aggro'd one.

not the first time Gwyn has gotten cucked by a dragon ;)

Yes
I'm mad that they made her a simple ennemy.

Ciaran was a Lord's Blade, not a dragon slayer.

Every night. And guess what, it's always the night in Irithyll

If this armourset isn't in DLC2 I'm fucking bombing Fromsoft. I expected it and Gold Black Hemmed set in DaS2 because cloth physics and those 2 being prime candidates.

Not being in 3 basegame was beyond faggotry.

However, if they're lazy with it and just port it over like the other old sets instead of remodeling and re detailing it, I'll be even more mad.

>Ornstein
>killed dragons

>Gough
>killed dragons

>Artorias
>killed abyssal shit

>Ciaran
Some sort of assassin?

Yes.

Very cute!!

I really like the Lothric Knights but I think they were introduced a little too early. You reach them after like, two stretches of enemies in the first area, whereas you didn't encounter your first Balder Knight until Undead Parish. I could honestly see a completely new person being a little overwhelmed by the Lothric Knight. But, maybe that's not necessarily a bad thing. I've always been of the opinion that Dark Souls shouldn't be accessible for every retard, so maybe putting an enemy as smart as the Lothric Knight so early is actually a good filter.

Though, while I like every enemy in High Wall, it feels a little too cluttered in my opinion
>Hollow soldiers
>Giant hollows
>Screeching hollows
>Pus of Man
>Lothric Knights
>Dogs
>Winged Knights
>Dragon
>(and also a Darkwraith but you can't fight him for a little while)

I don't want to be one of those "it's not like DaS1 so it's bad" assholes but I thought the enemy variety in the Burg was good for a first area
>Hollow warriors
>Hollow soldiers to provide a little more challenge
>Some retard Hollows scattered about
>A black knight if you want a real challenge
Small, but picking up quite quickly through the next few areas, and a good way of easing you into combat after the super easy enemies in the Asylum. When I got to High Wall, I didn't dislike any of the enemies, but it seemed a bit confused in my opinion.

Not that enemy variety is a bad thing, of course. I love Dark Souls enemies.

Cute!

when did this arbalest offhand meme start?

That's also cute user!!

Lothric Knights still terrify me on every new character. Especially the greatshield ones that seem to always know exactly when to block

Just guard break and riposte them.

When people said that magic was viable so we had to put them in their place

>magic
>viable
Out of all the types in 3 the only viable one on a pure build is pyromancy.
Pure sorcery relies on people being shit at timing roll iframes
Pure miricles have no variety

looks good tbqh

Do you guys think we'll see the final sister of the Sable church with this next DLC?

Pure miracles also rely on people being literal retards and staying in melee range of you while you do your literal 3 second wind-up casts instead of simply rolling away a short distance.

It actually looks cool

>can't see

1000 hours in paint

I was thinking 35 dex/60int/base str for immolation tinder

Will that work out

CUTE

You already see her in the hollow ending cutscene.

Oh... What does she look like?

>spam Deep Soul
>waste enemy stamina
>close in for the kill

When people say magic isn't viable, it's because they aren't being creative.

Same outfit as Yuria, lel.

Sorcery is perfectly viable, sadly pure miracle builds aren't since you can't hit anyone who isn't using a large and slow wepaon.

I don't use Deep Soul, does it just use very little stamina to cast?

>enemy uses deep soul
>strafe forward-left
>deep soul passes right by me without me using any stamina whatsoever to avoid it

Do millwood greatarrows knock people over like Onislayer or do I need to save greirat in irithyll to get the knock people off cliff arrows

Whats the best are to get summoned for quick boss kills at SL 34? I feel kinda underleveled since I've already made it to Catacombs of Carthus and I need some easy souls.

Yes! That's the beauty of it. Don't use Great Deep Soul. It even recovers about half of the stamina lost between casting back-to-back if you're wearing the Chloranthy Ring.

Are you surprised to hear that I meet nobody who does this?

Undead Legion or Deacons of the Deep. Not quick fights but what are you gonna do?

>Undead Legion

Do you mean Abyss Watchers? That's the first time I've ever seen anyone refer to them as that.

Oh well that's good news, I love the AW fight.

Arrow type is irrelevant.

Well will the millwood greatbow do it?

So what would be a fun, gimmicky character to make in 3? I've run through over 15 so far.

need ideas for knight armor that works with hoods
post fash

part of me wants to go and mod the ds2 fluted drakeblood into ds3 but i really cannot be fucked finding the ds3 drakeblood diffuse, normal, and specular maps in igp11

No idea.

yeah I've been drinking and couldn't remember the name lol

>knight armor that works with hoods
What the fuck am I reading.

>invade in ds2 for the first time in like a year
>host instantly activates the seed
>he has 3 butt buddies
>his rapier has a reach of a fucking demon spear
Part of me thinks i wasted time making a DS2 invader.

why would you believe the ds2 is ok meme?

V I D E O
G A M E S

pls respond

Well, the enemy gating actually follows the line of Demon's Souls more than it does Dark Souls 1 really.

You fight the Blue Eyed Knights really early on in DeS too, complete with the first area having one Red Eyed knight.

Why are hair rgb colors so skewed in ds3?
Why is hair lighting so shit everywhere but in darkmoon tomb?

weird zone specific tint filters

use a minimalist reshade or the brighter hair colour mod

>implying I'm not into the left

>it's impossible to make a blonde character in ds3 so hair colour would fit the nameless king's crown
should've just went with BB character creator

>make a generic bleed build
wow it's fucking nothing

Because DaS3 literally reuses the DaS1/Demons hair colour code shit where max 255 is actually grey, whereas Bloodborne and DaS2 have actual white hair because they did new things

I keep hearing about reshades getting people banned though, are they fine now?

>hair colors are fucked
>almost every armor has different shading limiting the matching combinations
thx memezaki