Mustang GT or WRX?

The Mustang GT with the Premium Trim costs 37k.

The WRX costs 26k and expect it to go near 30k after all costs.

I love both cars but can't come to a conclusion. Which is a better option to pick from these two, guys?

Hmm, a turbocharged 4 cyl making at most 305 hp, or a 5.0 V8 making 435. Hmmmm.......

3200lbs awd or 3700lbs rwd HMMMMM

Where do you live?

Not to mention ferd

Didnt realize the wrx was only 26k, is that a sti?

Also, most gts can be found for 32k at a dealership.

I just got the 2017 WRX base. COBB accessport will be first mod. I cant wait untill after my first oil change. As a dialy driver where it snows is whst pushed me to the AWD. The GT Stang is a great choice if where you live has little to no snow.

I've put 30,000 miles on my '16 WRX, no mods.
AMA

How the fuck do you drive so much in one year.

If these types of milage is the future than fuck buying im leasing

I think part of it is having a new car and wanting to drive it, I put a shit ton of miles on my car when I first got it too.

Smart answer is I drive a lot lol
Work is a 60 mile round trip and I frequently go out of state.

do the newer ones still have the rev hang?

>tfw deciding between an 2013 FR-S @ 25k miles or 2014 V6 Mustang @ 40k miles, both priced at $15k (used)
hnnnnng. Maybe I should just get a used econoshit car. OP should go with WRX.

Yes! Not as bad as the Genesis coupe. Gen coupe has rev hang, plus drivtrain lash, and shit synchros.

Don't get a fucking v6 mustang, etc is wrong with you fucking mongs. Jesus.

This. I have a 2016 GTI that I bought 4months ago and I've put 7800 miles on it.

:| I just want a car that looks decent and has enough power, m8.

I bought a wrx around the same time and I have 7k as well

how are rock chips on your front bumper from interstate driving? Mine is JUST'd up

get like a fuggin speed3 or focus st or something nigga

>Hatch
Fuck man, don't do that to me.

STI, you can get it for as much as you intend to spend on the GT.

why didn't you just buy a corolla?

There are more reliability complaints with the STi than the WRX. The WRX is a more tamed version of the STi and can be used daily without any thinking whatsoever. These are the words of a Subaru salesman when I went out to buy a STi but instead got a WRX.

Nigga you're considering buying a V6 muscle car
>V6 MUSCLE CAR
it's what dads buy their 16 year old daughters

The WRX is basically an AWD 3-series, but minus the nicer luxury and plus some boy-racer elements.

That's to say, it's a fun compact sports sedan that can do it all in an overall package at a price that no one else can really compete with.

GTI has more luxury and refinement, but less power and no AWD

Focus ST is cheaper (because ferd), also pretty fun/fast and comes in hatch form, but FWD

Charger is pigfat but roomy and appeals to the "muscle" crowd

Camry V6... yeah nah

Accord V6 has a much better shifter (because Honda) and a nice smooth engine, but other than that it's not particularly athletic and it's FWD

And similar things can be said to varying degrees about the Kia Optima SX Turbo and every other V6/Turbo-4 "sporty" and sport sedan around the $25,000-30,000 range.

The Mustang GT is an entirely different car, if only because it's a 2 door coupe vs. a 4 door sedan. It costs more, gets you more power, is certainly less practical, weighs more... but you get that 5.0 V8 experience.

Like... what are you looking for? If you're looking for a sports car to fuck around in for the next few years before trading it in and you either don't need the extra space for shit or you have another car... the Mustang GT would make a good lease candidate.

If you want to buy a car that you're going to use all the time and make your own for the long haul... then the WRX.

I think the current Mustang looks better than the current Wrx.

No chips on the bumper, but the rims and little crack behind the back door have nicks from gravel road shenanigans. At this point the mudflaps are kind of pointless.

The fuck would I do with a drag car like that?

Only really noticeable between 1st and 2nd, you feel like a boss after you learn to shift smoothly between the two tho

new mustang is noice, better than a over stressed 2.0 4 cylinder fucc boi car. Mustang makes more power than the wrx at all RPMS

Only get the WRX if you're willing to sacrifice warranty, do a tune and 3" TBE. Otherwise the Mustang will stomp it

WRX is neat but don't forget you're going to get whacked on insurance. I can't understand why you would want to be seen dead or alive in a Mustang if it's not a proper V8 one. There's just no point in anything less unless you're trying to save fivebux on a rental or something.

Insurance is absolutely the Chris Brown to the WRX owner's Rhianna

Bost bics

It also costs more at all trims ;)

The increase in quality of experience for what more you pay is actually an excellent deal. Subie is great at lots of things but they always have poor luxury and comfort, and I'm sure the boyracer ones are worse. The mustang will ride nicer, be more pleasant to be in, and still be faster. If he intends to sit inside and shitpost on Veeky Forums about technical aspects while the car is parked outside he should get the subaru, if he intends to drive it and enjoy it the mustang is worth the extra money

hatch is really not that bad dude

Lol? you obviously have never taken a Subaru or any decent AWD through any twisties. Straight-line mashing the acceleration pedal loses its novelty rather fast in the mustang

do you have corners on your daily commute or on your favorite driving road?
If so get the subaru and never look back.

Do you just want to hold down the throttle on a straight line in middle of nowhere?
Get the muscle car.

like you could get anything useful out of the engine other than an embarassing call to your parents you fucking busrider.

Just bought a Mustang GT and absolutely love it. I've had turbo'd cars in the past and they're great but there's nothing like a V8.

>The increase in quality of experience for what more you pay is not actually always true. Stangs is great at lots of things but they only have horsepower and cylinders, and I'm sure the boyracer ones are worse. The subaru will ride nicer, be more pleasant to be in, and still be faster. If he intends to sit inside and shitpost on Veeky Forums about technical aspects while the car is parked outside he should get the stang, if he intends to drive it and enjoy it the subaru is worth the extra money

fixed

i'm in the same boat phamalam. a lot of manual v6's with premium cost 13k while the base models gt's go for 15k

>getting a turbo hatch instead of an NA coupe
since the beginning mustangs have come with v6 or v8 engines. obviously a true muscle car has a v8, making the v6 the "pony" car, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Used 15+ gt premium. Wrx is shit.

Neither. Save until you can get the gt.

What a meme post. It's like you've come from 5 years ago to post.

You arent even comparing vehicles in the same class....

4 doors for more bitches, senpai

The better pick is the car that does what you are gonna use it for.

I love my WRX. its fune to drive,I get better mpg than my buddies 14 sti hatch, and make slightly more power than his stock one. Once he finishes putting the new motor in his civic hes shipping the sti off to be build to like 800hp I think. but until then I've got the faster car for cheaper.

What are you going to use the car for OP?

what exhaust?

Its quite obvious you dont even know what you want.