Future Classics that are currently under $15,000usd

Future Classics that are currently under $15,000usd

Other urls found in this thread:

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5853585789.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5900366163.html
losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5861846738.html
cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=&formSourceTag=117&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c3398&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c3381&zip=89014&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&showNegotiable=true&modelChanged=undefined&filtersModified=true#listing=151158186
cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=&formSourceTag=117&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c3398&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c3381&zip=89014&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&showNegotiable=true&modelChanged=undefined&filtersModified=true#listing=158272807
wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/8 Series/GATINEAU/Quebec/19_9923205_/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=7_15_7
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

996 master race

Why are z32's still so low?
Even VR4s are climbing
Is the Z32 a shit?

I've heard they have a lot of problems + a very cramped engine bay that's hard to do any work in = most people would go for something else in the price range

Wew the only GTOs I see under 15k here in Ohio are the trashed to hell ones

If only Pontiac lasted long enough for more than a few years of these to be made

>worst water cooled

Any VW.
I certainly do not think they're classic in any respect, but the fag lords that buy them spend retarded amounts of cash on them.

>pic related
These go for over £1000

You can still find them for fairly cheap

Yeah. But do you want it?

The easiest way to make a small fortune restoring cars is to start with a large one.

Not a bad car, ls2 and all

denver.craigslist.org/cto/5853585789.html

can't believe I got as much car as I did for only $2,500.

>The easiest way to make a small fortune restoring cars is to start with a large one.
Yeah but what about those Ass Monkey guys on TV, they make hella coin

LS1 but cheap and clean

FD RX7

Too late, you can't get a good one for under 20k now.

Because you're looking at N/A 2+2's

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5900366163.html

Im checking this one out today

>losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5900366163.html

>Least desirable year
>Least desirable color combo
>Least desirable trim
>No reliability mods
Only way this car could be worth less is if it were auto

>120k miles
I said a good one, not a worn out commuter

>Those wheels
Those wheels ought to serve as a warning to you that retarded shit has been done to this car.

>Fresh rebuild
Then why are they selling it? who did the rebuild?

Also carfax it. I went to look at one that was displaying 93k miles. Turned out it had a history of being over 250k miles. Fucking chink.

>under 15k
late 90's and early 00's 996's go for 20k at the absolute least kek

>body is intact
>paint looks good
>interior isnt worn to shit
>no reliability mods
That can be good and bad, means he probably didnt fuck it up. But also leaves me to do work.

Those wheels are also disgusting.

Im gonna question him hopefully get some information out of him and talking him down.
I honestly need help with what to ask and haggling.

losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/cto/5861846738.html

This is my first choice, modded.
Ive been talking to the owner and someone sideswiped the guy and hes getting it worked on by a body shop.

Pic related

Yeah, there's some stuff you DON'T want to be u fucked, because it means it was driven around for a long time with shit that needed to be rectified the day it left the factory.

>that mile-long checklist when buying an XJ

*unfucked, rather

The classic Saabs for sure, maybe even the early 9-3s but the 9-5 will always be seen as GM trash.

>early 9-3

If the mirrors aren't faded %99 chance it was repainted.

>I honestly need help with what to ask and haggling.
DO NOT buy an FD before spending some serious time on RX-7 club. You are going to get shafted if you don't know these cars inside and out.

>JDM motor
Stopped reading there. Owner is a fucking idiot.

>Hot air intake on turbo
>Tiny Greddy IC
>wiring from solenoid rack looks like a mess

Car looks like it was bubba-ed pretty good.

This thread isn't about good or bad, it's about future classics which some of the 1999-2002 9-3s will be.

Here are just 2 good ones under 15k

cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=&formSourceTag=117&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c3398&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c3381&zip=89014&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&showNegotiable=true&modelChanged=undefined&filtersModified=true#listing=151158186
cargurus.com/Cars/inventorylisting/viewDetailsFilterViewInventoryListing.action?sourceContext=&formSourceTag=117&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c3398&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=c3381&zip=89014&distance=50000&searchChanged=true&showNegotiable=true&modelChanged=undefined&filtersModified=true#listing=158272807

The z32 came with a turbo in some trims

They don't handle well, they're hard to work on, they're not very reliable.

They look like ass. I mean look at that face, it looks like it has the car version of downs syndrome.

Also, that dumb panel between the headlights. It is like nissan was too stupid to figure out how to attach that to the hood.

>future classics which some of the 1999-2002 9-3s will be
The 9000 was the last real SAAB

Ive spent a decent amount of time of RX7 club reading about the reliability mods. I know more about the motor than the body and suspension.

Granted I don't feel completely versed as well as I should though.

They really don't if you find one that hasn't been abused. Yes engine bay is cramped but its no harder to work on that any other modern car out there today. And you can score a really nice TT for 6 grand if you look hard enough.

I have a 1991 NA Z32 and I've never had any major problems with it other than regular maintenance.
Yes this is true they are pretty front heavy so they have a tendency to understeer but with getting used to the car you can develop driving skills around that problem. And for reliability see above

And honestly this is just plain not true subjectively or objectively. The glass headlights are a signature look that no other car has other than certain Lamborghini models. Also has T-Top roof which is becoming a classic item to have on a car these days. And also the backside of this car is probably the sexiest pair of taillights I've ever seen on a car.

The person in the picture just has a dumb looking body kit on the front bumper.

The 300zx is going to be worth a lot of money in the next ten years so I'm holding on to mine for as long as possible even if it turns into a non-op project for me

Once again, that's not the point of the thread. The 9-3 was influenced enough by the old Saabs to become a classic regardless of whether you personally thing it's a real Saab or not. If you think that the price of Viggens for example wont rise dramatically then you have no idea what you're talking about.

Good!

It's important to know about the motor as well as all the management and support systems too. I'm glad you started there. Make sure you test it cold and run though all the standard checks for water seals and compression. You can also look around the outside of the engine and if you see seepage between the housings, the engine was probably overheated at some point. Factor in a rebuild if you see that.

Body and suspension tend to be not a big deal, fairly standard. Make sure the bushings and ball joints are in good shape or the car can be very unpredictable.
The VR cars almost always fade and the mirrors were not painted. A lot of times when the mirrors turned pink the owner got the entire car resprayed. Factory paint was not very durable on any color.

Interior wise. Passenger grab handle will probably be broken and so will the driver door storage lid. The locks and exterior handle are a weak spot.

>The 300zx is going to be worth a lot of money in the next ten years so I'm holding on to mine for as long as possible even if it turns into a non-op project for me
You know BRZ owners say the same thing about their shitboxes too?

Apples and oranges dude. BRZ sales numbers are no where NEAR the sales numbers on the Z32.

Rarity is a huge factor and when a whatever looking sports car becomes as common as a corolla then there you go. 300zx's around my area are basically non existent. I get thumbs up and compliments all the time from either other Z enthusiasts or people who are just baffled because they have no idea what kind of car it is

FC RX-7s and Mk3 Supras. People can't afford FDs and Mk4s so they want the next best thing, and prices are going up.

>Rarity is a huge factor
Only if people know what it is and want it.

>people who are just baffled because they have no idea what kind of car it is
Hmm, looks like you are going to have a problem with that one.

wwwa.autotrader.ca/a/BMW/8 Series/GATINEAU/Quebec/19_9923205_/?showcpo=ShowCPO&orup=7_15_7

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Modern VW look so boring that they become interesting.

These

V5-6 Type R STI's will probably double in price over the next 5-10 years or so

They've already gone from about £3-4k to £7k in the UK for a clean import when the USA gets them and they get rarer I can easily see them going for £12k

They're already classics

> (OP)
>can't believe I got as much car as I did for only $2,500.
Same here!

and definitely not under $15,000

Tell me more about how they're not under 15k.

Please enlighten us all about how I didn't get mine for 14.5 and it's in absolutely mint condition.

I've been keeping an eye on the market for these for the past 3 years I think I know what I'm talking about. Sure there are always GNs with fully built motors that people ask 20k for but the average GN is between 10 to 15k.

I know to check for a stock coolant overflow piping see if its leaking. Oil leaks between housings. I cant check compression, and im hoping he has a boost gauge so i can get for the 10-8-10.

But thanks for the info, I want to know as much as possible and be constantly reminded.

I spent weekends on fd3s.net and as many rotary sites including RXclub as i could reading up the buying guides. Reliability mods and the like.

same

although mine was a bit more than $2,500

>ignition by steering wheel
>real saab

lol