Looking for the perfect first car

Basically be 25 and looking for first car. I'm into sports and such so I definitely want room, but I also want it to be a bit compact since I live in the city and need to park in tight spaces. What do you think is the best idea. I also want excellent resale value for when I sell it off .I was thinking A 2013 Honda crv because its in my price point.

civic for fiero bodykit

no

Civic
Corolla
Mazda3
Focus
Camry
Accord
some kind of weird stratus
Mazda6

4 of these are mid sized
The rest are compacts with no real room

>no real room

How much fucking room do you think you need "because I play sports?" I loaded 4 wheels (+ spare tire), 4 backpacks, and 3 dufflebags into an AW11. Don't overestimate how much room you have. Get Mazda3 hatchback if you want.

Well I'm usually carry a bike or two and 3 people including their stuff on trips so....yeah I need room.

Get a Subaru Forester

Get a GTI then. Plenty of room even in two door form, good power/torque stock for what it is. The aftermarket for performance is big if you do want more out of it

>Those are too big
>But those are too small, wahhhh

Make up your mind, they're all pretty damn small.

Same guy here. My 2012 GTI is making around 290hp/ 315 lbs torque with just simple bolt one and a tune. It gets my groceries and is great out on track days.

>getting a first car at 25
Dude move out of your parents house you're almost 30

not OP but im 25 and still live at my parents.

wanna fight about it.

I live in a big city and the train really brings me right to my doorstep-work. I'm switching industries shortly and figured I would buy myself a nice utilitarian car for all my hobbies. Also sure I could move out now...but if I waited a year I would be much better off

Haha faggot.
You must have been spoon fed all your life.

Moved out when I was 19. Worked 2 jobs sleeping in my car homeless got my own apartment at 21. Bought a brand new fucking car at 22 now I have my own 3 bedroom house at 23. My mom never stops telling me or her friends how proud she is of me.

I'm a high school drop out
Not a single day of college either.
Just started working at 18 and never looked back.

Get the Daewoo Nubira with the 1.8.

Good for you!

Yeah I know allot of guys who own homes and trucks in their early 20's, but they do shitty work and will be doing shitty work for the rest of their lives(IMO. you might love working construction or snaking drains all the power to you). I moved out when I was 19 as well, and was a mechanic for 4 years made a nice living for a single person, but now I'm back at home for uni,for 1 year until my coop starts and I can realistically move out again I mean.working a trade/being a car salesman is nice for some people, but there is absolutely no shame in living with your family for a couple years while you get an education. And working one that doesn't require one, won't be what makes them proud in the long run...

I did'nt even determine if OP is a student or not, This does not apply if you are just some asshole who works full time and live with his parents by choice at 25.

No to the CR-V.
If you have to have something like that, there's 3 vehicles to consider that were designed for people like you.

1: Subaru Forester
If you get the XT model, it gets a 2.5L turbocharged 4 cylinder that makes it faster than a Subaru Impreza WRX. Subaru also has the best resale value of any car.

2: Honda Element
Based on the CR-V chassis, the Element was designed specifically for people with active lifestyles. While mechanically identical to the second generation CR-V, nothing else about it is. The seats gold in many ways, it has rear suicide doors for easy access and the interior was designed to be hosed down with water. Has decent resale value.

3: Pontiac Aztek
yes, this commonly tops worst car lists and ugliest car ever made lists, but it's actually better looking than a lot of modern CUV's and has some of the most innovative features ever seen on a production car, like the removable center console that doubles as a cooler, the tent that attaches to the back, and the on board air pump for inflatable mattresses. Has shit resale value, and everyone judges it by its looks but it is a genuinely good car.

Why not buy a used Acura?

No forester xt is faster than any production wrx that was made.
Wrong.

anything with a hatchback

Incorrect. Back when the XT was first released in north america in 04 it came with the EJ257 the 2.5 liter turbo engine out of the sti with a smaller intercooler and turbo, the WRX only had the 2.0 liter EJ205 at the time until 06. Even in 06 when they shared the same engine the foresters shorter gearing kept the gap in speed reasonably slim.

Nice blog faggot. Go suck your mom's tits.

>pic related

Sure buddy. and you take these trips every weekend. Just get a civic for 3k. and rent a bigger vehicle for these shitty trips.

>go suck my moms tits
Literally said I have my own house faggot
>Ass mad kid posting from his moms computer

And you sound like some pissed off tradie....have fun never retiring .Also spoon fed how? Please explain how living at my parents house at 25 while paying rent and for my own utilities..including but not limited to cell phone, power, medical as well and insurance make me spoon fed? Fuck off
>Dropped out of high school, no college nor want to do college
>Working a shitty job for the rest of eternity and dying in debt , leaving the rest to my poor family.
Classy

Just about. A civic wont work

There is no way I'm going to fit bikes, bags and 3 people in that car.

Fucking privileged white fucks. My whole family(mom, dad, older sister, me, younger brother, and sister) ALL came across the border along with 5 other families and their pets in the trunk of a coyote's Toyota corolla. Leg room is for fagets who need to keep their legs spread to air out their dusty ass pussies, since all the hardworking mexicans have taken their balls as well as their jobs.

TL;DR: Just get a hatchback

go back to /pol/

bikes go on the roof and on the tailgate/trunk is overflow. bags in the trunk. people go in the cabin. easily done in a 3k civic.

Get a Civic Si.
Perfect compact car, it's pretty boyracer when you want it to be, and it's fairly roomy for it's class.

Civics also have one of the best returns on a resale, but that's almost any Honda/Toyota.

FoST and Mazda 3 are also recommended.

I was considering this but I have a carbon fiber bike and worry way to much about rock chips and it just generally being outside at highways speeds/ bad weather.

Op again. So far I narrowed the picks down to
>Mazda cx 5
>Honda crv
>Honda hrv
>Impreza xv crosstrek

did you buy it to use or look pretty? I think it'd be fine. Anything heavy enough to do damage wont be bouncing above your roof. Ever see the tour de france? Their ridiculously expensive bikes are stacked 5 wide on the roof of the car. Why are you riding in bad weather?

My bad, didn't catch your requirements.
From what you need, the CRV might be a little better for your purposes. I believe it is slightly bigger than the HRV and the exterior actually reflects the interior space.

I'd still recommend you go with a Honda, for muh reliability and resale.

hah yeah. I was thinking about this just now. The only thing to consider in this scenario is that they can literally replace anything on that bike within a minute regardless of cost. This bike costs a fortune and I don't even know why I bought it. It is nice though

I have looked into the hrv I like it a lot...just a bit out of my price point since it is brand new. I mean sure I could afford it but why bother if the crv is cheaper, and I still get back money on resale in 10 years.

post your local craigslist. how much can you spend? cash or financing? how much down? do you even know your credit score?

No craigslist. Buying used I have no trouble finding them just making the decision.

>i want a first car but i want it to be my dream car
>i want it cheap but i want it to be really good
>i want it compact but also roomy
>i want to DDit and for it to be a sports car
>i also want a girlfriend and to lose my virginity but without meeting anyone in person

Dude, you are a fucking faggot. A first car its not something that you WISH for. Its something that kinda fits every base utility characteristic that you want with some help from lube, and has to be cheap.

Dont keep in mind a special car as a first car. Just find a cheap one and that's it.

Yeah definitely, I'm not saying don't go for the CRV, I'm actually recommending you choose it over the HRV. The CRV is a proven vehicle, and it lives up to the "Compact Sports Utility" instead of being another lifted hatchback/crossover IMO.

Yeah I hear ya. My folks actually bought one new in 2014. I love it and honestly its a fun car to drive around and is super forgiving as well as a pleasure to putt around in. Its about the same size as the civic I believe so parking isn't hard

No it doesn't The CRV is shitty to drive and gets mediocre mpg and has a shitty CVT if you go newer than 2014. All crossovers drive like shit but only acceptable one is the V6 rav4 (last year 2012) It was the fastest vehicle toyota made until it was cancelled. Get a bigger sedan instead.

I beg to differ.

then you're not an enthusiast so why are you posting here? we don't give a shit which econobox you buy.

>muh CVT
OP just wants a vehicle that can fulfill his needs. If the CRV is what he needs so be it.

He's not looking for a go kart he can putt around the streets at 10 over the speed limit, he wants something that can haul cargo+people, have good resale value, and is compact.

If he wanted a go kart that can occasionally haul cargo then it makes sense to recommend a manual full size sedan.

Also, ever heard of slow car fast? It's insanely fun. You can have fun in any vehicle if you drive it right, it's always dependent on the driver, not the vehicle.

OP, test drive the vehicles that you want first. See if you like them. It's a very poor choice to purchase a vehicle before driving them.

The problem with the CVT is not the way it drives, but rather the complete lack of reliability. The previous conventional automatics are more reliable.

Op here. IDK why everyones bitching about cvt the 2013 doesn't even have a fucking cvt

>because I can
>So fuck off if you don't care

CX-5 is infinitely better than the CR-V. That said, only women and cucks buy crossovers.

Man, you're so cool

ikr