Find a flaw

Find a flaw.

The fedora on the driver.

4 speed automatic

the repair bill after 3 years of ownership

5 speed auto, supercharged

Does it have a small block chebbie in it?

Way better. Imagine, 4 valve's per cylinder. Just try to visualize 2 cams for the intake valves and 2 for the exhaust. Let's pretend rednecks can count to 4, that would mean there are 4 cams.

Nah

Jagrolets are the ultimate resto-mod.

Me want.

I knew it, you can't count to 4! At least you can admit it.

electric gremlins
i'm perfectly fine with high upkeep but high upkeep and unreliability is a no beuno

It was made in Britain.

Back in the 1980s Acura sold the Legend in the US, manufactured in Britain under contract as the Sterling. It's sister car, the Acura Legend, was also sold in the US but manufactured in Japan.

The Sterling was by all counts an Acura Legend but with nicer leather, wood, and carpets. Sounds great, but there was a hitch: It used Lucas electrics. By the fourth year of production the word was out that they were unreliable pieces of shit and the Legend was a better car. Production ceased the next year.

The OP gen of Jaguar had ford electronics instead. Ford electronics are just as shitty desu

>Muh 4 cams.
Get outta here with that shit, you pretentious bastard.

>unreliability is a no beuno

You obviously have no experience with newer Jags. Pretty much all of the XJs since the early 90's and the XK8s are reliable as all hell. The '97 XJ8 in my driveway with 168k on it and no problems is a perfect example of modern Jags.

>muh fixed lobe separation
>muh 10lb valvetrain
>muh needs 15000ppm of ZDDP to hold together
LOL

i've heard and seen otherwise
it'll take more than what you just said to convince me

>The '97 XJ8 in my driveway with 168k on it and no problems is a perfect example of modern Jags.
You haven't changed the timing chains and tensioners yet to the new revised version? I find that hard to believe.

I've seen enough Jaguars with the AJ6 slant-6 and AJ-V8 hit +250k miles on original engines and trans that it's proven their reliability to me many times over. The unreliability meme is a thing from the 70's and 80's that they can't seem to shake.

I've done that, at about 110k miles. It's the only real flaw with the Jaguar V8. And once it's done they are fairly bulletproof.

How is the V8 for power? Economy?

Also - how tall are you and how is the headroom? I'm a bit tall, but XJs give me wood.

> Old Jag
Reliability.

Want to fix that? Rip out the electrics, modernise the lot. Swap the engine out as well.

Hence, Jagrolet.

It's got more than enough power. It'll surprise the hell out of guys in Audis and BMWs when they try to accelerate away from you and you keep up. As for economy I'll put it this way, I've regularly driven from NJ to DC and back in 1 tank. I'm 6'3" and have no problem drivungthe car, nice and comfy for me.

Thanks. Seriously, thanks.

I might take another look. I don't need a 5 second 0-60, but it needs to be effortless to drive. Calm, swift, and capable. That is the definition of luxury in my book.

X308's are a hell of a lot more reliable than E38's

It's not a 1996 XJR with the rare 5 speed manual

X308 has modern japanese electronics fyi