Toyota Truck Shilling

Ok, something I need to discuss/ get off my chest.

My buddy has a '95 yota pickup, and acts like its a gift from the gods. Not high mileage, but swears they just last forever. The 22RE is the best motor ever yada yada "You don't see Fords or Chevys last..."... We'll be driving and see a old toyota full of lawnmowers and pulling a trailer and "MAN THESE TRUCKS HANDLE ANYTHING"

It gets on my nerves. I mean if reliability was bad, wouldn't Toyota be making the ambulances and trucks for Fire Departments, and Police cruisers? I understand they last a long time but come on....

Also, my work truck has over 340,000 MILES on it. Not a Toyota.

Other urls found in this thread:

dgs.ca.gov/ofam/Programs/StSurplus/Auctions/AutoAuction.aspx
youtu.be/TjCJC2UvDNo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like the trucks and all, but then the Top Gear episode... and hearing about them so much. Ugh.

What do you guys think, Veeky Forums?

Toyota wouldn't be making emergency vehicles for the Americans.. They can get a bunch of shitty GMs for the price of a Toyota because the US practically owns them..

nice little trucks.

#short bed no problem

My GMC with 340k miles drives pretty gud, what's shitty about them? Interior? Yeah, shitty. But no more or less than a 1st gen Tundra T B H

Actually it's an accomplishment to make a relatively small engine last long. Anyone can wind down 300,000 miles on a 6.5 liter V8 that never revs above 2,500.

LIL TRUCK

2007 Silverado classic
Owned by caltrans before i bought it

362k miles with nothing but oil changes

daaaaamn you got me beat. Where did you buy it/ how'd you know it belonged to CalTrans or did you buy directly from a CT shop?

2017 Tacoma TRD-off Road 6mt. have the TRD exhaust and TRD cai installed.
Single best vehicle i have ever owned or driven. My own personal trophy truck.

came from an 05 STI i had for close to 9 years. The Toyota does every the subaru does and and more. Still get the 6 speed manual gear box, and the all weather capability plus true off roading and street mangling. I can jump a curb or median if I wanted, or push through a grass field.
Electronic controlled diff-lockers on the Off-Road.
Excellent interior gadgets. and no turbo to needlessly create expensive services.

for me, my tastes and driving style, its the best fit I have ever had behind the wheel.

>22R

Oh boy have I got stuff for you to show him.

This here is what happens when the original plastic timing chain guide is left in the engine. It wears through and eats through the timing cover...

Bought it through a fleet auction.
Caltrans were practically giving these puppies away. Albeit the decals were sorta taken off (they still had the adhesive marks that refused to come off) so Its actually a respray and oil changes kek

...right into the back of the water pump housing

cool gyro feature of the TRD-off road. shows your lean and climb angle orientation for off road maneuvering.

You soumd retarded.
My 1992 4x4 had 270k miles on it. Sold it 8 years ago and i still see it running around town.
America wont buy foreign cars for city duty when they can get domestic for pennys on the dollar.
Stop being dense

They can be made good, though. This is the shitty redneck method.

The proper method is to use the upgraded steel guides. The 22R is actually an OK engine once one of these things has been done.

i wouldn't call it a trophy truck since >no V8 tork
Prerunner for sure though, very nice truck.

Drive a full size truck on >35" tires and 4.10's or shorter gears. Enough torque to light the tires, and slide for dayyyz. Long travel makes it extra nice to plow through woops on trails,. But big 35s or 37s aired down helps a bunch too.

You got the manual so you definitely got more TORK, only said that cause I've heard the automatic is built entirely for gas mileage and have read that some owners say they feel gutless, but only cause the computer makes it hard to REV IT UP

Lift it uuuup and put on some mud swampers

The reason emergency services use Fords and GMs is because they can buy a shit-ton of them in bulk for super low prices.

That being said, any car can last a long time if you take good care of it. It's just that some models are much harder than others.

My first big purchase for it is going to be a full remote reservoir/upper control arm suspension set up. unfortunately Im back to reality and dont have $4k for a truck suspension right now, but someday soon enough.

The 17' tacoma, for me, is the perfect amount of 'truck' still fits in parking garages, and still does all the off road chicanery one could ever do. its the best 'driving experience' ive ever enjoyed. its a mix of rally-gear running (6mt) and monster trucking obstacles.

dgs.ca.gov/ofam/Programs/StSurplus/Auctions/AutoAuction.aspx

If you live in CA check this out

another pic on my computer

it snow where you live, '17 taco guy?

ridin' on volks'

Any 80's-90's domestic truck would survive what the "UNKILLABLE HILUX" went through on TopGear, It wasn't really that impressive. Your average fleet truck goes through way more abuse than that in it's lifetime.

Yeah getting 300k miles from a overstressed 4 banger is impressive but even if it lasts forever it's still in a shitty chassis that rusts and snaps in half.

80's Toyota trucks are pretty much impossible to find up here in Canada. If you do find one in mint condition be prepared to pay 5 figures, find a cheaper one and expect to find massive fender flares with nothing underneath.

hilux, not a taco

Thats a Hilux tho

Can I get in on this thread with my 22R-E?

nice reading comprehension

The image in is labelled TACO, and as such I believe that both me and thinks that whoever posted that is thinking that the photo is of a Tacoma

>Your average fleet truck goes through way more abuse than that in it's lifetime.
It's normal for a fleet truck to be in a building demolition?

Toyota's are great trucks dont get me wrong, but, Absolutely overrated and over valued. And 'yota bro's are obnoxious and make me want one less.

i see disliking toyota trucks is now the contrarian thing

never change Veeky Forums

It happens.

youtu.be/TjCJC2UvDNo

blame top gear

Oh be quiet, Liking Toyota's was totally the contrarian thing until they became overrated and over priced. Let their popularity die down a bit so jackasses stop either ruining 80's yotas by wheeling them thinking they are invincible or selling them for WAYY too much money. Where I live we regularly see rusted piles of crap going for 5k and up and pre 85's and ones with straight axle conversions (no lift or huge tires and beefed up transfer case btw, as those are of course more worth it) going for way more and being sold as "Rock crawlers". (Obviously not hating on the trucks themselves, I would love one)

Must be heading to the singing sand dunes. Fallon is fucking great.

Anyone care to explain what the hell is going on here?

autists, go reorganize your bookshelfs

>wouldn't Toyota be making the ambulances and trucks for Fire Departments, and Police cruisers?

making a good small truck doesn't mean they'll be able to build heavy duty vehicles like like a 30,000lb fire truck with a 1000 gallon water tank and pumping system

I like my Toyota, it's pretty easy to work on and it's reliability is exaggerated like crazy, but it's still pretty tough for what it is. They're not for everyone, though, which I get. Also they're a bit overhyped and pretty expensive for the newer ones.

Also r8 my squad

Taco/10

there was only ONE toyota to last 1 million miles and they made a big deal over it. meanwhile ford has many F-150s that have done more than 1 million miles and just get on with the job.

the toyota TG used was a DIESEL not a petrol 22RE truck you can go through a swathe of shit with a diesel and will keep comming back for more, because compression igntion engine not using spark plugs. and muh torks crap

Are you dense cunt, there's at least 50 Landcruisers in my shire over 1M miles. People dicking on about Matt Farrahs million mile Lexus are dicking on about a DD still being able to be flogged after 1M miles.

>normie drives care over 1mmiles
>no one cares
>journalist drives over 1mmiles
>makes articles and gathers attention

Geee boss

I love me some 4wd Toyotas and I'll probably always have one but god damn the fanboyism is bad.

It's a pissing contest for idiots and there isn't a shortage of them. Idiots seem to make up a good part of the truck market and damn if they aren't loyal to a brand for no real reason. Most people didn't want a Toyota truck when they came out just because they were Japanese. The Ford and Chevy guys were already dousing each other, so no one wanted to be seen driving one while Born in the USA played on the radio. They'd brand him a commie. Those idiots passed their traditions down to the next line of contestants, ready to whip it out and piss away on every other brand because CHEBBY....FERD...DAWDGE!!!! Toyota has finally got a good batch of their own idiots.

It's just a vehicle and there are plenty of examples of Ford, Chevy, and even a Dodge somewhere I'm guessing, that has an insane number of miles on them. Is that because their trucks are fucking magical? No, it usually means people took care of their shit.

I got my 06 Tundra last year, which have their issues to look out for; Rusted frames, failing ball joints, and a ticking timing-belt-bomb interference engine. But it was also one of the better rated and more reliable trucks for the trucks in my budget. And ultimately it fit me better. I could have gotten newer Chevy. Or an F150. Or a Ram. I even looked at the Titan. Are there Titan fanboys too? That's a sad thought. I just hope those urine soaked Toyota morons are correct, even if they're probably going to be driving something else next year.

Moar Toyotas

Nice to see a 1st gen in there. I experience that only-1st-gen-in-the-group feeling as well with mine.

Those old Toyotas are nice, but they're no Peugeots.

How much did you put down and how much a month are you paying if you don't mind me asking? And did you get it when it was the "nowvember sales" event?

Never even changed a set of tires or a light bulb, huh? Sneaking suspicion you might be lying.

Tl;dr

Obviously changing the tires and brakes

AHHAAAAAAAA!!!! I KNEW IT!

I traded in my previous car and got ~8k for it. used my trade towards the New.
payments are roughly $480mnth

I'm usually the only 1st gen since I spend my money on actually building my truck instead of just buying a new one

does that guy know what a helper spring is?

He is unloading the front suspension. Good way to get yourself killed.

oh look a truck that has never been used as a truck and never seen anything offroad (gravel driveway does not count)

>chevy
>thecurrentyear.jpg

looks like a faggot

just kill it
it is in soooooo much pain

youre a faggot, old toyota trucks are the best.

They had those on the 1st gen 4runners.

>your average fleet truck is submerged in the ocean for hours.

Noice truck.

Picked up the 2016 turd sport back in January. Great truck, just about hitting 6500. Plan to lift with wheels and tires this spring

So is that what you guys do in Britishland? Leave trucks in the ocean and on top of buildings that are about to be demolished? Real smart.

Americans park on the beach and get fucked by the tide all the time.

Well, at least you took the same amount of time to bother posting. Your parents should be proud of the dipshit they crapped out onto the world.

Tl;dr

Your obviously triggered.

Your trucks never seen mud has it. Probably never even seen 4wd

Does the off road have a higher suspension than the sport?

>muh mud
"muddin" is as gay as it gets. Not him but some people use their trucks as a means to get them /out/, where they get out of their vehicles and partake in other activities.

>hurr why don't y'all get cletus to leave that there hose on so we can drive through it back'n'forth

Not even talking about 'muddin', was just talking offroad in general. Fucking Americans. Doubt that cunts truck even been /out/ m8. I use a ute for a work/hunt tool, not a Toyota either

So if I had a Mitsubishi evo or a Subaru wax sti would call the person a faggot because they don't use it to rally?

How does it drive? I really wanted a RWD Celica hatch with a 22R-E to match by '92 pickup.

I paid $2500 for mine. No power steering but working AC, the engine was spotless but the timing chain needs a redo whenever I can get around to it.

suck toyota dick much?

No crawl mode, correct?

>He is unloading the front suspension. Good way to get yourself killed.
You're a fuckwit lol

Calling the kettle black much?

I have a preacher who gets his car serviced by me and has for fifteen years, puts literally 40k/yr on his 2001 LeSabre. Used to whine about my maintenance recommendations until he got north of 300k and still hadn't had any major issues. Original re ans finally died at 530k, but engine was still running just fine, I was tempted to buy it off him and see how long I could keep it running, but I didn't need another project. We replaced that one with a used 2005 from another customer's mom which only had 45k on it just this last year. The moral of the story is, anything will last forever if you take care of it and it isn't a turn of the century Chrysler.