Toyota 86 2017

>$26,000
why is this so expensive?

because you're poor

>how can we make this good looking car hideous with as few changes as possible
>say no more senpai

Why do millennials act like they're entitled to quality products for dirt cheap? For most of history cars were worse and more expensive than today.

Why wouldn't it be?

can you at least opt to get rid of the literal shark fin antenna?

$26K is cheap in today's dollars for what you're getting. You're just poor.

A new 240sx in 1990's bux was also 25-26k. Suck it up

A 240SX or AE86 was just as expensive as this back in its day, except it was worse in every single way. You wanted a return to fun FR econocoupes, and Toyobaru gave you one. Making a car that is lightweight with a low center of gravity, good balance, nice steering, and a limited slip diff and then selling it to a niche market still has to make money.

Stop being poor.

it just seems like it should be 22,000 max

>what is inflation

>Corolla GT-S in 1985 costed, $12870. That's $27565 in 2016 bux

If you only want to pay 22k these days for a new sports car, you're getting a Fiesta ST.

the confusion between names on this (86,FRS,BRZ) make it really hard to search up used cars online

Are there even used cars of the 86 specifically in Toronto? I use kijiji and either the search sucks or im stpid

Old fucker here. I remember paying $18K for my new '90 Eclipse GS-T. It weighed the same, had 10hp less even with the turbo, didn't have LSD, was FWD. I thought I was hot shit.

27 years later (told you I was an old fucker) I make 4x as much. To only pay $8K more for a better car in every way would be great.

>1990 was 26 years ago

Thanks for reminding you oldfag, ;_;

>Fiesta ST.

ew

I think a lot of user answered you.
Btw this fucking low value CAD$ makes everything way more expensive.

You're welcome you little shit.

It almost 2017, and I bought it in early 1990. Fuck off.

>Scion FRS
>Subaru BRZ
You're just stupid user

You think that's bad?

No, you should be getting paid more but you've been getting fucked over

because there's boomers like you who ruin everything

Is this the base model?
This is the final price in CAD$ for the new GT86 with a few accesories.

>Almost 40K territory.

lol no that's a maxed out RF

Still
>$50k for a Miata

Yeah, it is a lot of money!

What's the point? Even "retracted" it's only a Targa.

Fuck you Mazda. Give us a slightly bigger, better Miata. Stop fucking around.

>Bigger miata

The Fiata?

>26,000 dollars for a new car
>expensive
I swear this place is populated by kids still attending university

ok then i just have a very small selection to choose from. I see a few now, very few.

And they're all like $15K+. Why would I buy them instead of buying new

It also has a much nicer interior with proper leather seats, not the shit you find in an Accord

Also this

i think it's around 45k yurobucks over here

Because that's still less than half of what they cost brand new in Canada

not including possible tax and the other shit they hit you with, so it's more like 31,000 for a toyota with basic features.

Are you surprised? Have you never bought a car brand new?

>possible tax
yea that sure sounds like solid evidence too suddenly get you from 260000 to 310000

>MX-5 lowest price: 25300€, all options: 32550€
>BRZ lowest price 30990€, all options: 32 990€
>GT86 only starts at 32390€

top kek, truly a car for cucks. and all slower than the FWD in the same price range like the megane rs, golf rs, honda type r, leon cupra, etc...

45K €?
That is expensive.

>FWD

Interior space. I'm 5'11", 32" inseam, 18l0lb and it's really tight for me.

In contrast I used to drive an Audi TT roadster and I had PLENTY of room everywhere.

Seriously, how hard would it be to give drivers 2" more fore-aft room and 1" more headroom? The market share gain alone would be worth it, even if it added 200lb.

Maybe you're just fat?

>18l0lb
Are you the One Ton Man?

More like the Michelin Man

Nice. kek. 180lb for 5'11" is kind of normal. My waist is 34" so yeah I could lose a few lb.... anyway:

No, it's more a headroom thing. And I have a longish torso, so if I scoot the seat forward enough to give me the proper driving ergonomics my hair brushes against the headliner constantly. I've tried both the MX-5 and Fiat variants, but they're basically identical. Just 1" would make a huge difference.

Sorry bobby oblong, you're just deformed

>using the term millenials

kys, old man

Keep trying. I have the torso of someone only 1" taller than me. And my arms are 34".

>inb4 orangutan

Seriously how hard is it to provide the adjustability? The Germans do it well. The Audi can handle anyone between 5'2" and 6'4". Why can't the japs design anything for people other than 5'7", 140lb? They do the same shit with their bikes. Germans understand the differences.

The Audi TT also doesn't weighs 1000 lbs more than the Miata

it hurts

But you're missing the point. Expanding the passenger compartment 1" top and 2" long might add 200lb proportionally, to keep the look the same. At worst.

But the payoff in market gain would be immense. You would be able to easily sell the car to people over 5'10" now, which is about 15% of all western adult males.

That's my point. It's a manlet car designed by japs for japs. And with that, I'm out.

it does explain why he has disposable income and can't sympathize with someone born in an age where $22,000 per year is the medium income level

>medium
*median

We talking about the ND? The seat gets lower if you slide it back. It's either that or re-engineer the top just to catch a potential extra 7.5% of Americans

It keeps growing in price by the year.

>more expensive
LOL no.

D series 1980 truck (Ram)
>Original MSRP $6,100
>$17,900 today
Cheapest Ram truck 2017
>$26,000

1968 Jaguar XKE E-Type
>MSRP $5,700
>$39,000 today
2017 Jaguar XF
>$48,000

1970 Datsun 240z
>MSRP $3,500
>$21,000 today
2017 370Z
>$30k

Insert almost every old car compared to it's modern day equivilant.
Not to mention technology has gotten cheaper, they can put out MORE cars per hour, labor is cheaper, all products used in building a car are much cheaper than they were back then. So why are new car prices significantly higher? Because fuck you that's why.

That's why no one takes millennials seriously.

25k is definitely not expensive for a new car.

Poorfag

You're comparing relics to modern cars. Ignoring the argument that "a 55'' flat screen TV is now $600, so my car should be $1200" argument, modern cars are much better than relic shit in every category you can imagine. Including performance.

If you want a 240z that does 0-60 in 9 seconds, has no safety features, and falls apart in 3 years go buy a Toyota FRS, stuff a towel in the intake, disable the ABS and pour sand in the crankcase.

It's a tradeoff. I too want modern cars that are affordable, lightweight, and quick. But modern cars are better in every measure comparable except for weight. And even then we're trying by using carbon fiber and aluminum.

>15% of western men
>even with your made up number that's
>214,572,600 people in the USA old enough to have a car
>easy numbers, half of that is men (it's actually less) 107,286,300 men 15 and older
> 8,591 MX-5 sold new in the US in 2015
> Say 5k were men
>we should completely change the car and price point, and manufacturing to potentially sell 750 more care

Hehe. Manlet jumping through hoops to justify their hairdresser car.

You are confusing the fact that manufacturing and materials were MUCH more expensive back then too.

>falls apart in 3 years
You are a special kind of stupid. No one even wants a car from 2001 because they are so bad. There are TONS of cars from the 60-70-80's.

>saying that as prices have gone down, and production has gone up, and sales have gone up, then prices should be higher
LOL idiot. Car companies are ripping us off.

I don't even own one, just wanted to point out how stupid you are.

>hurrr cars should all change to suit me!!! because I'm fat and can't sit in the car!!!!

I'm 6ft, I've sat in a few miatas and never had a big problem. It was no more cramped than my s2000.

What the fuck are you even talking about? Insults are the argument of the weak and the poorly informed. Nevertheless....

The cars available from back then are relics. Their owners spend extra attention to them to keep the alive because others might want to buy them some day. And the TONS of cars are an example of this. How many Ford Mavericks can you find? Cheby Vegas? Plymouth Belvederes? Pintos? You're looking at a 20 year period, so of course there are TONS of cars available, but only certain meme models.

The cars back then were shit in terms of maintenance and reliability. Your argument about "2001 being so bad" is nostalgia and memes.

I can't argue about car companies ripping us off, except that cars are better than ever. If you have a problem with that, in a capitalist competitive marketplace (I work for a tier-1 supplier fortune 100) then go ahead. You must know better than tens of thousands of engineers.

fresh fruit juice

Wrong. I used to have a Del Sol. I had tons of headroom in the six years I owned it. When I test drove an S2000 I had the same ergos - no problem at all.

I've sat in every generation of Miata since NA. All are designed for manlets. The ND is better, but not a solution. If I scoot the seat all the way back I get the headroom, but I lose the control over the wheel because I'm straight-armed.

I hear this shit all the time from tall apologists for the miata, especially at Miata.net. They claim "scoot the seat all the way back and recline and life is wonderful". It's bullshit, because they are straight-armed at cruise and can't do track time in this configuration. But "muh Miata is wonderful" confirms their bias and they don't talk about aggressive driving.

Face it. The car is designed for manlets.

>insults are literally proven to be used by the more intelligent
get cucked dumb fag.

>still doesn't understand that as manufacturing cost goes down, the price should too
>literally getting fucked
>literally comparing the technology of 40 years ago to today is if that's an argument.

You are a very ignorant cock sucker.

>I'm fat therefore you are wrong
LOL okay faggot. Lose some weight.

>not being as close to the wheel and pedals as possible in a race car
Uhhhhh when you are "doing track time" you would want it to be "cramped" you idiot. You are fat and shit, apply rope to throat.

>Lardass throwing autistic tantrums over companies not ruining a car to cater to him

Keep trying. I have evidence and experience on my side.

Face it, the Miata is designed for the typical 5'6" Japanese Manlet. Or the hairdresser in the US that wants a convertible.

It's underpowered, undersized for "muh weight" bragging rights, and even sucks at the track. They drank their own Kool Aid of "modern British roadster" to the point that they have now hobbled their own design.

>it sucks on the track

It's the most raced car in history. There is an entire racing series for the Miata alone.

This post is what happens when people are so stupid that they listen to Veeky Forums for car information exclusively

>price should equal cost of production
Holy shit, educate yourself

china says hello

>thread mocking not being able to spend 26k comfortably
>post your car thread is almost all 5k budget crap cars

uh-huh