Why does it seem like every manufacturer comes out with a decent car with ONE massive flaw that makes it trash

Why does it seem like every manufacturer comes out with a decent car with ONE massive flaw that makes it trash.

Pic related: literally a GOAT were it not fwd

>I want an A to B commuter appliance to be RWD

Neck yourself

>one massive flaw
>drivetrain
sorry bro. it was two flaws. the drivetrain and shitty modern car design.

>shitty modern car design.

t. poorfag

fuck off. I could go buy one tomorrow. It's an econobox. why does it need to look angry and have all these curves and the tiny windows?

>Pic related: literally a GOAT were it not fwd
Welcome to Honda in the 90s.

>Integra and Prelude FWD
>WHY ARE YOU DOING THIS TO US?

Then they come out with the S2K at the end of the decade as a final fuck you.
>HA HA we can make a great RWD but we will never give you that drive train on a practical car.

Please kill the "Must be RWD to be good" meme. There are a lot of amazing cars out there that are either FWD or AWD. Stop being 14.

I don't understand what you are trying to say. RWD is objectively better when it comes to handling and performance

Civic poorfag

Not true.
My criteria for a car are
>1. RWD
>2. Manual

Doesnt matter unless your tracking the thing or driving way too fast

95% of the time, it literally is not noticeable

. Manual

Serious question, what happens when all the manuels die, because they will eventually

The enthusiast crowd isn't big enough to keep them around forever.

>muh rwd

so cringe

>Pic related: literally a GOAT were it not fwd
It's a econobox, retard.

Only one flaw?

I drove a rental Mazda3 2016 and I couldn't fucking see out the windows or rear windshield. Modern cars are cancerous.

I know what it is, you stupid prick. The reality is that even in the context of econoboxes, Mazda did an exceptional job with this model. If they made it in RWD, it would be even better.

I know at least one company who have the balls to do it.

>Guess who

Veeky Forums will worship them in 10 years when they are in their sub 5k price bracket

The platform wont change.
FWD is for girls and plebs.

I guess I'll just keep driving old cars, or only enthusiast cars.
I can't imagine Lotus will ever stop selling manual transmissions with ICE.

Yeah I think a few will stick around, but by and large RIP :(

I think manual transmission will become a special market.

As people are getting more and more into big cities, manual is now seen as a deterrent.

The reality is that an automatic transmission with electronic paddle shifters is more efficient and more effective than a traditional manual gearbox. There is literally no argument to be made for a manual gearbox other than it satisfies some bizarre autistic desire in some people to practice their skills at clutch control/shifting/blipping.

ur dum

>can't put together a cohesive argument
>results to calling them 'dum' instead

I take back what I said. The only argument is that manuals are cheaper. The rest is true.

Plastic is objectively better than wood.
Why do we still use wood, other than autistic feels?

have any of you Americans ever actually driven a FWD car? They can be quite fun. They're much more obedient and forgiving than rear wheel drives.

>Snow
>Going up hill around a bend

>FWD
>Can't touch throttle or else you won't turn and will crash and die, better hope you've got the momentum to get up, otherwise you'll gutter yourself and get stuck

>RWD
>BRAAAAAAAAAAAAP BRAAAAAAAAAAAP BRAAAAAAAAAAAP
>Dagumi sideways up hill throwing snow
>Girls at top flash you and you brap into the sun set

Isn't the 2017 going to have AWD for one of the trims?

This

Manual feel like you have complete control over the car. People who knows and appreciate how to drive will prefer a manual gearbox.

>literally a GOAT

Just because it's the best, least miserable econobox of them all doesn't make it a GOAT car. I've driven one, it's boring. Not as boring as a Corolla/Lancer/etc, no, but boring nonetheless.

>There is literally no argument to be made for a manual gearbox
Minimalism. I know that is a difficult concept for you to grasp being a /g/ tard and all. But a boring old manual is simple and when well built, hardly ever goes wrong.

Will it? Fuck, that is pretty much game over