Isn't completely auto related, but sorta is

Isn't completely auto related, but sorta is.

I've ordered from Amazon Prime roughly 10 times the past 3-4 months or so, has always been USPS delivering it, they'll knock, leave the package on my front porch, which is completely closed in with a screen door. scan the package and haul ass. If I'm not home, I get an email. Either way, they leave it because it is theoretically safe.

I ordered a HEI distributor for my v8 ranger swap, it was supposed to be delivered today. but This time, I woke up to an email saying "attempted delivery at 9:03am, Business closed"

I also noticed it was being delivered by AMZL US, which after some research reveals it's Amazons own little shipping company, which has nothing but shitty reviews of lost packages, late packages, random people in random un-marked vehicles, ect.

Anybody else experience this shit? Kinda shitty IMHO a company as big as amazon sends random un marked vehicles to peoples houses to deliver shit. after all I paid $100 for their bullshit ass membership just so i can get 2 day shipping on all of my items.

Discuss.

>Amazon Prime
scam for the foolish

I really didn't even mean to buy it, I had the 2 month trial and forgot about it until they took $100 out of my account. but as much shit as I order through them I figured fuck it I pay out the ass for 2 day shipping anyways it will balance out. I'm impatient as fuck so waiting 2 weeks for something is like a 5 year old waiting on Christmas in august.

Their 2 day shipping is awesome. Usually the product will be a few dollars more but it does arrive in two days and you don't pay shipping. It's pretty awesome.

It's awesome when it shows up on time.

I selected the option in my "delivery details" for my package to be left by my front door.

I've been home and awake since 7:30am, I got an email at 9:03am saying they were unable to deliver my package due to business not open.

I'm not a business, and I stated that my package be left beside my door. so what the fuck.

So go on a chat, complain, and get a $20 credit.

I'm on the chat deal right now. I don't really give a damn about getting credit, I'd rather have my parts that i needed to finish my build than $20 credit for some more shit that's going to be late.

Call them up and explain to them that if you don't have your package in your hands by 9:00am tomorrow you will find them and rape them to death with an ear of corn

So buy it somewhere else or just keep PMSing.

the person I'm dealing with on this bullshit chat deal they have going on is painful to talk to. all I get is "I'm so sorry this has happened to you, I'll make note of that. I'm sorry there is no option for that. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry."

I don't want an apology and I don't want free shit I want the damn distributor I ordered for fucks sake.

I know that's the simple answer. I've been ordering from them for years and never once had a problem, But I've always received my order Via USPS or Fedex or UPS.

And I wouldn't even be mad if they just couldn't find my house, or if I wasn't home and it needed to be signed for, or some random shit like that. I understand shit happens, but don't tell me you couldn't deliver due to business (a business that does not exist, it's a home) was closed, when the instructions you were given were to leave it at my door. and then make me wait another 2 days because your shit company doesn't deliver on Sunday.

For fucks sake I was sitting on my couch with the blinds open. Who cares if I was naked eating pizza for breakfast, leave the shit at my door

>I also noticed it was being delivered by AMZL US
It's sort of like their own Uber / Lyft service which they are combining with package delivery. By having a target of 100% utilization, that improves efficiency and cost although I don't know how drivers are going to profit.

>I don't know how drivers are going to profit
They won't, the only one that profits from shit like this is Amazon, it's a fucking scheme

I understand the concept, but I have literally seen 1 good review to every 150 bad reviews. nothing but complaints, starting over a year ago to current.

Bingo.

On top of that, I don't want some nasty scum crack head delivering my packages. nor do I want some nasty fuck from uber driving my drunk ass home.

Both Amazon and USPS hire independent couriers to deliver packages; in your case, it was delivered by a temp who's on a tight schedule and doesn't know the usual procedure. As opposed to your usual postman, these temps are trained not to leave packages unattended.

Happens to everyone; inconvenient, but you'll live.

>justifying shit business practices

A mere excuse on Amazon's side. they're just trying to save a buck, when they make billions every year. that extra million they may spend every year assuring they're customers get their shit on time wouldn't be a very big deal to them.

This.

AMZN warehouse slave here.

When you save a buck on literally everything you do, it's how you make billions.

The mistake is letting the customer see it, like in OP's case.

if them allowing customers to see them saving a buck is you saying this delivery system is shit.

Then yes I agree with you.

Former AMZN slave here, get a fucking clue man and get the fuck out of there, if you're a scum sucking member of the "Leadership" team go fuck yourself

>nor do I want some nasty fuck from uber driving my drunk ass home.
you'd rather have some smelly indian taxi driver drive you home and try to scam the fuck out of you the whole time?

Lmao nigga I'm in problem solve I'm labortracked.

Stay cucked, direct path slave.

afe to win. You see all the broken stuff that gets pushed along lol.

>interacting with Amazon
>ever
>for any reason

No, that's why I have a truck. so I can find my way to the nearest fast food place, stuff my fat drunk American face, then sleep in the motherfucker.

Nigga what? Prime is awesome if you use Amazon a lot

It gets you to order more junk, retard.

If I spend $20 per order to get 2 day shipping, That shit adds up quick. I order 4-5 times per month so that $100 paid for itself in no time. and I get 2 day shipping for 10 months or so free.

But it's only worth it if they actually send me the shit in 2 days.

You're only saving money if you're paying for something that you would buy in all possible scenarios.

This is how prime is a scam. You buy shit you don't need or wouldn't even want if not for your "benefits"

I buy a lot of shit from amazon because 9/10 times it's cheaper than the local parts store, or walmart, or shit like that.

and it's shit that I need, or want. and would have bought anyways. I'm not going to buy shit just for the sake of spending money, shit don't grow on fucking tree's.

Just think every time you go to buy something. Critically. About if you would buy it or not.

Yes, Yes i would.

If I want something, I'm going to buy it no matter what. I've already made my decision.

I'm not one of those "bargain" shoppers that just say "Oh well it's ONLY $50.00 I might as well buy it."

or "Oh, well I get free 2 day shipping so let me spend $100.00 for no fucking reason"

you are just trying to validate your reasoning. it's not my fault you can't afford to order shit whenever you feel like it.

I'm just saying that the reason prime works as a scheme for amazon is because of the people who do use it like that. Obviously any system in which the buyer has a choice can be utilized efficiently, in the way you must be. But most people either buy prime and underutilize it, or it cons them into buying shit they wouldn't otherwise.

I see.

but no, I utilize it. I ordered shit from them almost weekly anyhow, and other things I bought from local auto place or walmart/target whatever.

then I tried the free trial, accidentally allowed them to take my money, and haven't looked back.

>Kinda shitty IMHO a company as big as amazon sends random un marked vehicles to peoples houses to deliver shit.

What sucks is that the american labor market allows this method of delivery service to exist as a loophole to exploit people and their private cars to deliver things with no minimum wage. They only earn more if they drive desperately and are confined to certain areas with lots of amazon deliveries.

Uber uses the loophole to avoid wage, driver protection laws, taxes, and legal requirements for running a taxi service. AirBnB uses a loophole to avoid similar in running a hotel-like service. And Amazon is defending its loophole in package delivery to compete against USPS and UPS. I rarely see UPS trucks in my neighborhood because a lot of people do order from amazon. Well, we're seattle, so amazon is well entrenched here.

The problem with Uber, Airbnd, and AMZL US is that they make use of infrastructure without paying for it. Certainly that's a bargain and thus profit. But it is unfair to the taxpayers in the end.