Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/sn4rU1lzgq4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>working on it for about 2 years now
Shoulda gone SBC

>muh sb

But honestly, probably this.
Certainly this.

A smallblock requires less infrastructure to support it by several orders of magnitude, unlike the VG.

Yeah I know that would have been much easier.
I almost swapped a vh45 in it but needed custom headers to make that fit.
I could have finished it a long time ago if I didn't run into financial problem when I was 80% done

If things go the way they should, I'm looking at getting a 78 280 next weekend.
Hows the car to work on.
It's temperament when driving and all that.
Anything specific I should know.

Easy to work on, wiring is retarded though. I'd suggest making your own harness if you do anything serious with it.
Mine isn't drivable yet so I can't comment on that but from what I heard they handle great. Just don't forget there's no power steering, abs, or traction control.
Make sure to check it for rust, especially the frame rails and firewall. Most of these cars will have rust spots but most of it is fixable since you can buy pretty much any body panel.

dat fuckhueg turbo

cmon man finish this, i need to hear that thing spool.

Also do you post on DPAN on fb ?

Denver, so rust is the one thing I'm going to be really looking for. But the guy says it's rust free(I doubt it).
Good to know about the harness. I work with electronics a bit so hopefully I can do something with that.
And I have driven a 260 for a short period of time before. So I'm familiar with the no power steering.
And it certainly isn't my first car with none of those things.

Soon hopefully. Should sound similar to this youtu.be/sn4rU1lzgq4

Yeah once in a while. Also ratsun

>sbc
>not ls

Most likely it has rust unless it had bodywork done to it recently. Just look at the wiring diagram online and you'll know what I mean. I'm getting rid of most of the stock wiring. not sure how it was on 78 s30 but on mine headlights were connected to the battery directly through the light switch via an 8 gauge wire. Get rid of that and connect them to a relay instead. They'll work much better and brighter.

That sounds terrible. What was Datsun thinking.
But there has been work done. Engine and tranny were rebuilt last year he said.
So maybe they fixed some of the wiring already.
Thanks for all that tho. Really good to know.

'94 Skyline GT-R, imported from Japan last summer, found out it was missing an exhaust wheel so now I'm replacing the turbos with Garrett GT2860R -5s. Should hopefully be done in January if I get my ass in gear.

Fuck, clearly I can't internet tonight

Yeah you can simplify the harness a lot by adding relays. Also get rid of old fusible links and replace them with modern fuses

>exhaust wheel
You should also check your muffler bearings while you're at it kek

I'm jealous desu. I live in Cali, it's almost impossible to get one here

thatsthejoke.jpg

CARB sucks for sure.

How much did it cost you? How do you like it so far?

Also if I remember right the starter was connected the same way so you might want to add a relay for it as well

I was in about $25,000 CAD before I drove it in Canada. Now I'm closer to $29,000 after replacing the turbos, ECU, fuel pump, injectors etc. Wish it was running but she's my "forever car".

I was getting honks when it was on the trailer heading home. Can't wait to actually drive it lol

That's not too bad. I wish I could get one here. I think there are no restrictions on importing old skylines from the 60s and 70s though

What's your plan for it?

Im dropping a 2JZ into my daily drive Sonata

lol. 25k for a broken R32 GTR.

This was a $5000 car before amerilards were allowed to import it.

...seriously.

Overpaid for a car they couldn't even test drive. Turned out one of the ceramic turbos was blown? No wonder it was being sold off to some idiot abroad.

Why VG30? Have you not heard about RB20DET? What are you thinking. Looks so stupid in that long engine bay. Should have built front facing manifolds and mounted the turbo in that huge empty space up front.

Can you not see where that fucking turbo is sitting?

Because VG can handle just about 500hp on stock internals and is reliable. I've seen a few people pushing over 300hp on 200k+ mile engines. And if I ever blow it I can pick up another one at a junkyard for $300. Also it should handle better since the motor is behind the front axle. Also 3.0>2.0

RB is overpriced and would cost a lot more to swap. Also if I wanted an RB why the fuck would I get RB20 and not RB25?

That's just one of those ghetto stock turbo manifold extensions.
RB20 because you're obviously poor if you're building a VGfucking30

I never said I was rich. What exactly don't you like about VG? Yeah its old but still good, easy to maintain and parts can be found anywhere. Shit if I was rich I probably still wouldn't get an RB. If I had more money I'd swap a VQ37 or VH45

Also RB25 doesn't cost that much more than rb20, which was my point.
I'd still have to spend at least 2k on it. I only paid 600 for VG and tranny combined and just had to get custom motor mounts for it.

This is my AU$400 S12 Gayzelle, currently has a CA20E+auto in it, but I'm in the process of gutting the engine bay and making room for an L67+el manuél.

From there I'll be hacking up some S13 suspension to fit, along with a brake upgrade on the front and a disk conversion on the rear axle, which itself will be replaced with an LSD of some sort. That and some thick, sticky tyres should make it a pretty fun little torque monster.

Nice but why are going with L67?

Was never a 5k car

I came here for the misguided "b-b-but mah inline 6!" ass pain, and I wasn't disappointed.
I'm glad not every faggot is deluded with said complex. Follow your dreams, and ignore the Wikipedia engineers.